What is Daoc like now?

S

samurai001

Hey, its Sinister, I havent played daoc in a long time, think I am going to restart though, I took a look at the server numbers though and saw there is only 600 players on :/. Is that to do with it being new years eve or is there usually more people on?

B

Brelakor.

We usually have like 1500+ players primetime :)

DAoC is.....

Different.
Us mids have a real bad attitude, many have switched realms (me being one) and we are just a big old sleeping whining baby that does nothing to prevent relicraids, keep takes or to keep df and such :p

But what comes around goes around, this is just a phase as always.

RvR is zergy, stealthers have started to go in 1fg at primetime, you can usually solo to some effect at early mornings.

If i had quitted, i wouldnt come back now :)

Lets see what others say tho.

L

Litmus

hib is prolly the main rvr realm now which is probaly quite diffrent from when u last played

J

Jaem

fotm infil groups, zerg on alb side
fotm savage groups, zerg on mid side
hippies just run about with like 3fg low rr groups

a few of the main rvr guilds gone excal

hmmm, about sums up everything, on the rvr side.

on pve side, alot of bot lvling, and fotm chars rerolls from people.

D

DaggerElivager

^ wot the wife said :p

tis sooooooooo much different than before and u either like it or h8 it.

If you wanna rvr i suggest being an alb stealthier or join a proper rvr guild as casual rvr has disappeared.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Yeh, some of us were actually doing things in RL (Nerf tequila!!).

1.65 will change things a lot. I don't think a lot of people realise just how big an impact its going to have. There's a lot more than the savage nerf in it.

For one thing, the keep layouts change with the second door being on the Lord's tower rather then right beside the outside door.

Then of course we have stacked nerfs for all three realms, too many to actually list, but the hardest hit char is arguably the savage though the gimp subclasses of all 3 realms are taking a smack as well.

Resists get changed. People with certain RAs such as BAoD and Avoidance of Magic will get the RAs taken away and have the point cost refunded so they can choose if they want to buy them again.

RvR is about to change again. It will take a couple of weeks after patch day (whenever that is) for it to become apparent, but the effect will be there.

Mid is in a bit of a state at the moment. Apathy reigns. Its very difficult to drum up support for any kind of RvR related activity. Though Hibs and Albs don't/won't agree, we've taken a lot of beatings with nerfs and Mythic merrily roll along sending more our way. A lot of heads are down at the moment.

If you have a certain type of attitude, its the perfect time to come back. The chips are down, there's bad stuff coming and you've got a challenge ahead if you decide to play.

Raaaaaaaaaar :D

S

skuggan

Well atleast Avoidance of Magic will be nerfed!!

it is soooo fun when your group runs in to a chanter group and they hit of Avoidance of Magic i load a bolt it goes away on a chanter and makes betwen 50-60 dmg Yippey...

I

iceforge

Originally posted by skuggan
Well atleast Avoidance of Magic will be nerfed!!

it is soooo fun when your group runs in to a chanter group and they hit of Avoidance of Magic i load a bolt it goes away on a chanter and makes betwen 50-60 dmg Yippey...

Accually, thats BAoD your thinking off, Avoidance of Magic is aviable to most if not everyone ;)

And RvR is kinda crappy atm, from a mid perspective.

T

Tesla Monkor

The new resist system works in two tiers - the resists you naturally have + the items you carry in the first tier, and the rest of them in the second tier. (AoM, BAoD, etc.)

Damage will be calculated like this:

(Tier 1 / 100) * 1 + (Tier 2 / 100) * damage

With 26% cold resist + 5% racial cold resist in tier 1 and
AoM2 (6% cold resist) in tier 2, you're hit with a nuke worth 500 damage.

Pre-1.65 you'd get hit for 330 (-170) with your 26+5+6 resist, and in 1.65 you'll be hit for 337 (-163).

Calculated like this: ((0.31*1.06)*500)

A nerf? Yes. A huge nerf? Hardly.

O

old.tuppe

hmm daoc these days?
what personally seen in copple weeks, mids making alott new 50´s -> not so much intresting to rvr.
its one part in cycle, sooner or later activity rise up again.

fotm savage groups? at this moment mids dont have many actively played gankgroups, instead albs/hibs are rising them more + getting guild/s who run around whit ~3fg and zerg all dead, probably learned this tactic from bg:s ;)

dunno other realms but have feeling this game is this moment lacking new player, atleast in mids.
old farts just run around and keep things going, when these start loose intresting this game? there is heavy problem inc.

K

klavrynd

if you play a stealther, you're supposed to run in a group so you don't die immediatlye

if you play another class you're supposed to run in a group or you get killed by a group stealthers camping some mg

if you play mid and you win you're called fotm, if you play mid and you lose you get gloated on at bw

same shit as before, only worse

G

Glyph_mid

Originally posted by iceforge
Accually, thats BAoD your thinking off, Avoidance of Magic is aviable to most if not everyone ;)

And RvR is kinda crappy atm, from a mid perspective.

Make stronger groups, makes it fun ;)

J

joraall

I might not be the best person to talk about this cause i'm abit fed up with it really, I agree the RvR situation that is said here and about the parts of mid being nerfed to bad and still is getting nerfed, apart from this i agree that if i had stopped I wouldn't come back now +I even think of not renewing my account when it expires so.... you decide what you wanna do

X

xiph1980

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
The new resist system works in two variables - the resists you naturally have + the items you carry in x1, and the rest of them in x2. (AoM, BAoD, etc.)

Damage will be calculated like this:

(x1 / 100) * 1 + (x2 / 100) * damage

With 26% cold resist + 5% racial cold resist in x1 and
AoM2 (6% cold resist) in x2, you're hit with a nuke worth 500 damage.

Pre-1.65 you'd get hit for 330 (-170) with your 26+5+6 resist, and in 1.65 you'll be hit for 337 (-163).

Calculated like this: ((0.31*1.06)*500)

A nerf? Yes. A huge nerf? Hardly.

been looking over that calculation of yours... figured it out now... you placed brackets wrong :D
Code:
(x1/100) * (1 + x2 / 100) * Damage
or in percentages:
Code:
x1 * (x2 + 100%) * Damage

X

xiph1980

Originally posted by Gamzy
which means :eek:? <-- stupid

It's the difference between a damage decrease or an increase :D (the calculations between brackets should be done first , then the rest... when there are no brackets... y'aughtta first multiply/devide, then add/substract :D)

S

samurai001

What about that master levels thing, do we have that yet?

T

Thorgald

no master levels comes in with ToA, and thats about a year away if were lucky...

Users who are viewing this thread