What is a FOTM group?

C

cougar-

Originally posted by alithiel50
For an Alb group to be FotM, the Mercs all have to be Thrust spec... ;)

FC's 'usual' main group is currently 2 Slash Mercs and 1 Theu/Friar/Reaver/Arms/Necro/Wizard/2nd Minstrel... hardly FotM :p

alb rvr guilds must take pleasure in being gimped and die, and die, and die. and whine on bw.

U

uglymug

My 3 highest lvl chars are, a caveshammy, a hunter and a BD (!)

ooo i must be a FOTM player :rolleyes:

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by cougar-
alb rvr guilds must take pleasure in being gimped and die, and die, and die. and whine on bw.
No, we just play the classes we enjoy playing rather than re-rolling because we want to wtfpwn everything in sight without having to actually have any skill.

At least we can learn and develop from playing different setups, and when we succeed it's down to us being skilled players of the classes we play rather than people playing a group setup that any 8 players taken at random from all the people who play DAoC on Excal could win with.

S

Stallion-

Originally posted by alithiel50
No, we just play the classes we enjoy playing rather than re-rolling because we want to wtfpwn everything in sight without having to actually have any skill.

At least we can learn and develop from playing different setups, and when we succeed it's down to us being skilled players of the classes we play rather than people playing a group setup that any 8 players taken at random from all the people who play DAoC on Excal could win with.

amen brother ;)

:scared: did I say that :scared:

mumin the amnesia spam works good tbh :great:
just now you bring 1½ fg aswell? new mid fotm grps... 1.5 fgs..

O

old.Emma

Actually come to think of it.. any group which has an equal number of Det' tanks to support chars ie 3-4 of em can be considered Fodaot. Flavour of Dark Age of Tankalot imho.

R

Rhuric

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Mid Fotm (Set by JH definitely ;p)

skald
3 healer
shaman
3 savage

Cant say I have seen JH run with 3 savages much, is it just my imagination or do the 3rd savage tend to be a zerker for pf?

P

parlain

Originally posted by Rhuric
Cant say I have seen JH run with 3 savages much, is it just my imagination or do the 3rd savage tend to be a zerker for pf?

Used to see Poon but you also used to see Munin, followed by Sushii, followed by Locuz, or at least you did

A

ab_fluid

fink 3 savages is JH's fotm vs hib mage grps, 2 savages 1 warrior seems to work better vs hib tank grps, and tbh, who cares about albs on this server? :p the only decent grp that plays is BF and thats late at night :)

H

hotrat

The best setup in general for alb is not 3 merc 1 mins 1 pala 1 sorc 2 clerics imo, that group relies way too much on the sorc vs hib pbae groups, although it does rock vs mid fotm groups.
The best general alb group is more like 1 sorc, 2 clerics, 1 pala, 2 mercs and either:
2 mins or
1 mins and 1 reaver or possibly even a theurg, although pets die easily too pbae.

The trouble is albs need a different setup vs mid melee groups and hib pbae groups :/ but thats why I like 2 mins cus you get a 2nd SoS vs mid fotm's and also another person to spam ae mezz to interupt hib pbae.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by hotrat
The best setup in general for alb is not 3 merc 1 mins 1 pala 1 sorc 2 clerics imo, that group relies way too much on the sorc vs hib pbae groups, although it does rock vs mid fotm groups.
The best general alb group is more like 1 sorc, 2 clerics, 1 pala, 2 mercs and either:
2 mins or
1 mins and 1 reaver or possibly even a theurg, although pets die easily too pbae.

The trouble is albs need a different setup vs mid melee groups and hib pbae groups :/ but thats why I like 2 mins cus you get a 2nd SoS vs mid fotm's and also another person to spam ae mezz to interupt hib pbae.

bit hard spamming a 5sec aoe mezz imo :p

S

saltymcpepper

i hate GOL fotm groups

3 two handed paladins
1 thurgy
1 fire wizard
1 sorc
1 mincer
1 cleric

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
i hate GOL fotm groups

3 two handed paladins
1 thurgy
1 fire wizard
1 sorc
1 mincer
1 cleric

lol, kinda makes u see why they need to zerg when u see there top 2 are a wiz and theurg :p

K

kinag

Originally posted by ab_fluid
who cares about albs on this server? :p the only decent grp that plays is BF and thats late at night :)

BoB is kinda good aswell. usually running with 2 clerics, 3 mercs, 1 sorcs, 1 paladin and 1 minstrel. if not 3 mercs, they run with 2 minstrels for 2 SoS ^^

that is if they ain't screwing around with "try-out" caster groups :p

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by kinag
BoB is kinda good aswell. usually running with 2 clerics, 3 mercs, 1 sorcs, 1 paladin and 1 minstrel. if not 3 mercs, they run with 2 minstrels for 2 SoS ^^

that is if they ain't screwing around with "try-out" caster groups :p

not really encountered them tbh, been away fron daoc for a little while now cos of work, i heard they and AD to ok but are not as active as BF :)

P

poppamies

wwll got yelled at on #cf RG fotm grp and bla bla, when we were running in a grp of 2 healers a shammy 2 thanes a skald bd and a warr.
Pll yell fotm grp as fast as tehy get killed by a grp from a enemy realm.

T

Tyka

Fotm is people who were rejected when they played their previous class, and now rolled one they can win with, even doing several mistakes.

Change class=change attitude.

Oh well.

P

piggeman

Originally posted by vintervargen
thats not really Flavour of the month now is it?
Well.. is any group flavour of the "month" now a days? :eek:

D

dawn-

a fear of the most grp.

like the tdmm late hour setup, chanter chanter chanter chanter chanter chanter chanter druid druid druid druid druid druid bard bard bard barda eldricj eldruch warden warden warden hero hero hero hero champion champion champion champion champion animist mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom setup

D

dawn-

or like tildas caba sorc sorc sorc cleric cleric mincer theurg setup

fotm ftw :D

D

Divinia

Q: What is a FOTM group?

when we play with BM's like we've done for a year and get called fotm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom