What is a FOTM group?

K

Kallio

Like many, I´ve seen the word "FOTM" fly around all the time. Also a term "FOTM group" has come along. What does this mean? If there´s 2-3 savages?

It´s used for any mid group nowdays, does it only mean that there´s a savage and 3 healers in the group? Why does it mean that? If in a group was, 2 zerks, sava, skald, 3 healers shammy would it be fotm?

Is any savage player a FOTMer?

If you´d be rolling a light tank, and the choices would be either zerker or savage woulnd´t you roll a sava instead? Especially pre 1.62 since you´d know you´d be nerfed.

Am I idiot when I try to make a thread to RvR discussion that ISNT a "Grats" post?

Z

zmurf

Alot refere to 2 or more savages in groups as 'FOTM' or 4 Seer's in group as 'FOTM' probably thousand more definitions out there ...
Originally posted by Kallio
Am I idiot
Yes

A

Aybabtu

in my eyes a fotm mid group is 1 skald - 1 shammy - 2/3 healers rest Savages and zerkers......

Hib would be 1 bard - 2 druids - 1 warden - rest BM's and Hero's

or 1 bar - 2 druids - 1/2 tanks - rest chanters and Eldies

Alb.....Well.... 1 Sorc - 1 Mincer - 2 clerics - 1 pally - 3 Merc (Doubt you'll ever come across this set up tho :) )

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Kallio

Am I idiot when I try to make a thread to RvR discussion that ISNT a "Grats" post?

Grats :)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Aybabtu
in my eyes a fotm mid group is 1 skald - 1 shammy - 2/3 healers rest Savages

hey JH! your not fotm anymore! :D

love your sig zmurf btw, got that mp3 on my playlist :ROFLMAO:

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Aybabtu
or 1 bar - 2 druids - 1/2 tanks - rest chanters and Eldies

thats not really Flavour of the month now is it?

O

old.CrazyMuppet

What is a FOTM group?

By watching #celticfist and #stealthzerg i've found that if you can't beat enemies it's easier on the ego to call them FOTM, regardless of what it stands for.

K

kirennia

Alb groups there is jsut one setup that is considered FoTM:

3 mercs, 2 clerics, sorc, pally, mincer.

In hib, 1 bard 2 druids and either filled with BMs or enchanters.

Midgard in general seems to be classed as FoTM atm...lol

Mainly it's not setups tho, it's the rolling of the currently overpowered class, swapping realms, in general jsut being 1337 that FoTM stands for. Classes in particular. All those who rerolled from a zerker to a savage or swapped realm to play a savage are all FoTMer 1337 12 year olds. Infiltrators in alb seem to have become a new annoyed fad too. And as since the dawning of time, enchanters are STILL FoTM. Probably would be better to be called FoTY now though :/

O

old.m0000

any group with a savage in it is a fotm grp

H

hotrat

Originally posted by old.m0000
any group with a savage in it is a fotm grp
Yer any mid group with a load of savages is fotm, any hib group with loads of chanters in is fotm, and albs well they are fotm if they give up their main and roll an infil :)

S

Stallion-

chanters were fotm way back..
elds are fotm atm.. so are bms, savages, healers have always been popular...zerks are history =) nat druids were fotm for a while..

V

VodkaFairy

Mid Fotm (Set by JH definitely ;p)

skald
3 healer
shaman
3 savage

Alb Fotm (showh by AD, BF and FC _sometimes_ afaik)

sorc
2 clerics
mincer
3 mercenaries
paladin

Hib Fotm (mainly thanks to DH for showing how good it is)

bard
2 druids
warden
3 x eld/chanter
hero

or (shown well by BaF)

bard
2 druids
hero
3 bm's
mana eld / bm / druid

C

cougar-

all mid groups are fotm if they use any of the classes available in daoc for midgard.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Arnor
love your sig zmurf btw, got that mp3 on my playlist :ROFLMAO:

Annoying it takes up so much space though :/

But talking about it makes me wanna see the movie again, so afk ...

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by cougar-
all mid groups are fotm if they use any of the classes available in daoc for midgard.
Got mate somewhere else mate ...

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Stallion-
chanters were fotm way back..
elds are fotm atm.. so are bms, savages, healers have always been popular...zerks are history =) nat druids were fotm for a while..

fotm does not really mean flavour of the month anymore

it stands for a class that is hideously overpowered, stupidly easy to play and that everone rolls for those reasons.

eg: Savages, Chanters, BDs, Infils & <ASSASINS IN GENERAL>

O

old.Emma

tbh the term fotms i kinda lame.

the problem isnt how the group is setup.. class's etc. its that that particular combination of class's makes the group so powerful they are incredibly hard to beat.

Savages are and will be the best tank for a group by far. Not only do they have all the ups of a pure tank. good defense, Det etc. they also output the most melee damage out of all tanks.

I know there is a "fix" coming for savage which will make it easier for that kind of group setup to be taken down, but that would stop a savage from one-two shotting 99% of casters.

Bare in mind that yes quad rates are drastically lower. but triples will be much higher. So instead of getting hit for 700-900 with a quad you`ll still get twatted for a good 500-650 if they are lucky with a triple.

C

Czaedes

Originally posted by old.m0000
fotm does not really mean flavour of the month anymore

it stands for a class that is hideously overpowered, stupidly easy to play and that everone rolls for those reasons.

eg: Savages, Chanters, BDs, Infils & <ASSASINS IN GENERAL>

Savages aren't easier to play than any other light tank just because they're very (too) powerfull.
And yes I agree, everyone rolls BDs. I mean there has to be at LEAST 40-50 lvl 50 BDs on mid/excal. And no less than 4 of them are above rr5! NERF!

[EDIT] 54 lvl 50 BDs found on the un-updated Duskwave.

K

kirennia

Why the hell did they come up with the term 'Flavour of the month' anyways? It sounds bloody stupid. Ooh cup of tea old chap? Perhaps this glorious evening one would like to take part in a round of two of golf? Okay my dear fellow, tally ho!

argh, why not call it 'spawns of satan', 'rejects united' or 'I used hacks in CS brigade'. Something to symbolise the shitness of rerollers for FoTM chars.

K

kirennia

Originally posted by kirennia
Why the hell did they come up with the term 'Flavour of the month' anyways? It sounds bloody stupid. Ooh cup of tea old chap? Perhaps this glorious evening one would like to take part in a round of two of golf? Okay my dear fellow, tally ho!

argh, why not call it 'spawns of satan', 'rejects united' or 'I used hacks in CS brigade'. Something to symbolise the shitness of rerollers for FoTM chars.

I can't beleive I jsut slagged off the saying FoTM then used it myself...I feel so dirty :(

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Mid Fotm (Set by JH definitely ;p)

skald
3 healer
shaman
3 savage

Skip skald for a warrior or healer, and you have the
NEW ultrafotm JH setup.

G

Giga

Originally posted by ormagaa
Skip skald for a warrior or healer, and you have the
NEW ultrafotm JH setup.

yer soudns grate, just one thing, i wonder how good that group will make it on sprint+endregen and aug healer speed

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by Giga
yer soudns grate, just one thing, i wonder how good that group will make it on sprint+endregen and aug healer speed

They will do just gr8. FOTM as they are ;) g0g0

A

agon

Originally posted by kirennia

:ROFLMAO:

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Alb Fotm (showh by AD, BF and FC _sometimes_ afaik)

sorc
2 clerics
mincer
3 mercenaries
paladin
For an Alb group to be FotM, the Mercs all have to be Thrust spec... ;)

FC's 'usual' main group is currently 2 Slash Mercs and 1 Theu/Friar/Reaver/Arms/Necro/Wizard/2nd Minstrel... hardly FotM :p

A

Asha

bf usually have an ialkarn :p
hardly fotm

wouldn't say fc are anything like fotm either.... nor gol

truth is that we don't have a class that you can pack in to a group in 3s that outshines it's counterpart in hib/mid (savages/healers/chanters/elds). Thrust mercs are ok, but they aren't outstanding.

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by vintervargen
thats not really Flavour of the month now is it?

Sorry that would be Flavour of the year

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Giga

it works quite good tbh, or 4 healers 3 savage 1 shammy for maximum pbae box interupt :D

Originally posted by ab_fluid
JH are the definition of fotm :p ask lethul

yepp yepp, doenst matter what setup we use tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom