what in the name of satans pants are these??

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Hi,

just been checkin out cheezeburger.com cat piccys website and i have to say i am more than a little perplexed.

If anyone out there can tell me what the heck these guys are i'd be grateful, they seem to be a relation of the common woodlouse but judging by the tail fin i'd say they were aquatic.

georgie

FH is my second home
Oh look, it took you all of 3 minutes to find it yourself. :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh hush Georgiepants!

i was a bit stunned to see the pic and then ofc my first reaction to almost absolutely everything is to post on FH, i didnt think actually just going to google images and typing in marine woodlice would actually do any good but as so often happens, i was wrong...and it did.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
The one on the right is called Elaine. She is one of my bosses at work. The other two I dont know but they probably managers as well.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol i want one as a pet, my boss screams if she even sees a book with a picture of a bug on the front page...imagine if i brought one of those babies in lol

georgie

FH is my second home
Google images rocks, however it still fails me when I type in "Holly Willoughby flashing her minge". Oh well.

Btw Ez, those things are well freaky. :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Dunno why but those "thingies" are scaring the crap out of me. Pretty strange, it´s not the usual "oh, that´s nasty" like when I see a large spider. It´s different.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe thats why i like them so much, they really do look so prehistoric!

man i wish i could see a dinosaur, that would be the coolest thing ever.

still i have to content myself with fossil hunting and bird watching lol

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
lol i want one as a pet, my boss screams if she even sees a book with a picture of a bug on the front page...imagine if i brought one of those babies in lol

Would be cool to have one as a pet... if they hadn't gone extinct about 400 million years before the dinosaurs where even around. =(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
While some people drink from the fountain of wisdom, others merely gargle

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Would be cool to have one as a pet... if they hadn't gone extinct about 400 million years before the dinosaurs where even around. =(
They arent extinct :)

something similar

4.jpg

Horseshoe crab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Seriously, that thing looks like a bloody facehugger :eek7:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
haha yeah i actually quite like horseshoe crabs (when they are right side up they look like walking army helmets lol) but B2 actually has nightmares about them, and giant japanese lobsters too, we saw some at an aquarium and he was totally grossed out lol.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Trilobites, they go great with chips.

So Northern !

Everything with chips LOL

Here in London we have whats known as "restaurants". Believe it or not, you can actually sit down (not in front of the TV) to eat a tasty (!) meal, on a table (not your lap !) with a table-cloth (!!) and cutlery (not your fingers).

Ezteq

Queen of OT
where'd you think they got the idea for it from? ;)

yep you look at the designs for aliens and monsters and I guarantee you you'll find more scarey (and violent...take preying mantisisisissis) stuff in the insect and aquatic worlds....ok so theyre an awful lot smaller but you magnify those babies and its light on at bed time i can assure you!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
So Northern !

Everything with chips LOL

Here in London we have whats known as "restaurants". Believe it or not, you can actually sit down (not in front of the TV) to eat a tasty (!) meal, on a table (not your lap !) with a table-cloth (!!) and cutlery (not your fingers).

Its a shame you will have to take a small loan at the local bank before you can pay for the meal.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its a shame you will have to take a small loan at the local bank before you can pay for the meal.

LOL

Some London restaurants are outrageously expensive. I used to work for Barclays investment bank; one trader there spent £30,000 on one bottle of wine in a restaurant. Mad

leviathane

Part of the furniture
and i bet he couldn't taste the difference between that expensive bottle and a relatively expensive one.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye. For these guys its not even a case of flashing the cash. They simply don't need to. The meal came to 6 figures; all paid for on client expense accounts. Mind you some of these MD traders earn £10,000,000 a year easy, so even if they paid for it out of their own cash its a drop in an ocean to them

Ezteq

Queen of OT
man i'd die of shame if i spent that much on something like that.

i bet those giant woodlice are a cheap meal that would keep you fed for weeks...i mean "can i have a leg please?" yeah sure theres about 12 of em, help yourself!

*shudders slightly*

ok maybe not lol

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Aye. For these guys its not even a case of flashing the cash. They simply don't need to. The meal came to 6 figures; all paid for on client expense accounts. Mind you some of these MD traders earn £10,000,000 a year easy, so even if they paid for it out of their own cash its a drop in an ocean to them

I work for a software company that makes trading software so they can trade electronically... and I heard a story that last year the average bonus for a derivatives trader at Morgan Stanley was in the region of £25 million. That's like winning the lottery every year.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I work for a software company that makes trading software so they can trade electronically... and I heard a story that last year the average bonus for a derivatives trader at Morgan Stanley was in the region of £25 million. That's like winning the lottery every year.

Those sorts of bonuses are paid only to a few high flyers - most of them are Managing Directors.

I used to work in on the legal side within Equity Derivatives sales & trading. The Managing Director of our equity derivatives trading desk walked away with £6 million one year. Derivatives sales people earn more than traders.

From my 13 years experience of working in investment banking I'd say payouts of £25m were the exception not the norm. Certainly not an average. Your average derivs prop desk trader will have a basic salary of around £75,000 a year and six-figure bonuses. I earned a basic larger salary that that, but didn't get those sorts of bonuses as my bonus pool came out of the Legal Department & was not P&L linked (profit & loss)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom