What has the game come to?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
So I'm standing on pad this morning, chewing my toe nails, and along comes some little lvl20 irritation in free gear. And he says to me he says, "Can I have some money for armour and weapons?"
And I said him, "Nay, get some from your level 50."
"I don't have a level 50."
"Yes you do. You've used /level."
"My 50 is on another realm."
"On the same acount?"
"You're rude. My 50 is on another server, dmass."

Rude! Rude he calls me! I am, but he couldn't have known that. I asked, "Why am I rude?"
"Because I asked for money and you didn't give it to me."

Every single copper piece on my character is hard farmed, sold or conned for. Why should I give it to this little whelp from Prydwen in the first place, and secondly, why the hell should I be rude for refusing his rude request. I also pointed out the irony of calling me rude and then calling me a dmass, but irony never settles well with people in DAoC.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
Repeat:

I must read the CoC.
I must read the CoC.
I must read the CoC.
I must read the CoC.

Kian

Fledgling Freddie
Aren't beggars great? MInd you, best one I saw was a level 8 asking for 300 gold to buy an emblem for his new guild... then he upped it to 500 gold because after all as a guildmaster he needed proper dyes for his gear!

Personally, I have a simple rule of thumb - I'll give some money to people who say 'please' when they ask me the first time. That's 'please', not 'plz' or any other such semi-literate rubbish. Haven't had to pay out yet :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
/ignore is a wonderful thing, saves you having to deal with the whines.

Sad that it has to be used - but it does.

People are still fairly generous to beggars though, as a few people "experimenting" have discovered :p

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Personaly i dont have a problem whit begginers when they ask for some coins, but the /level pple are a bit annoying yeah.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Whats a dmass?

I usually just say "be creative" and if they can make me laugh then i give them some money :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Be happy Alb/Excal doesn't have /level 30. It's hell on Hib/Prydwen.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Usually I don't give money to those beggars, but last week some lowbie ran upto me and said : Gentle sir can you spare some coins for a poor lass who wants to visit the old lands....

The roleplayer in me can't refuse someone like that :D

The other 1456987 beggars going "plzzzz givf gold" can f*** off ;)

Tilda

If they use "please" not plz or pls they get 5-10 gold.
If they role play I give them 50 gold,
If they use plz, or swear etc they get nothing.

Tilda

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If they use "please" not plz or pls they get 5-10 gold.
If they role play I give them 50 gold,
If they use plz, or swear etc they get nothing.

Tilda

I've been robbed by Bandits near Prydwen keep, I was on my way to Castle Sauvage looking for a guard job, could you please GIVF ME 50 GOLD?

:)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
same here as with most other ppl, usually roleplaying ppl coming up to meh saying 'hail kind sir' etc i just cant say no :) but some nub coming round spamming '30g plz' usually gets 20s at most, all depends how im feeling :)

some of the ppl who are like lvl 1-5 and come and ask for 5g + are downright rude tho, why the hell do they need more than 5g at that lvl??!!

and with the bloke lox had i think i would /slap, /ignore and walk away, ppl like that just get me all annoyed

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh! Roleplayers eh? When I use my Minstrel to entertain people on the Sauvage portal I make 1g top per performance... and that's a dedicated performance of a full song to an individual! Although I wasn't actually begging. :p

That's right Fedaykin! It was meeee!

"Oh Feddy! Oh Feddy!"
:D

old.Odysseus

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Every single copper piece on my character is hard farmed, sold or conned for.
Heh, not excactly true ....
Remember when I gave you my 40 plat for keep doors ;)
(or am I in the conned category :eek2: )

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
and don't you just love it when you actually do give them some cash and they just run off without so much as a /bow :(
I'm less likely to help n00bs out these days as the greedy beggers have ruined it for them.
Don't blame me, I didn't do it!

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Ala said:
and don't you just love it when you actually do give them some cash and they just run off without so much as a /bow :(
I'm less likely to help n00bs out these days as the greedy beggers have ruined it for them.
My sentiments entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom