What has happend?

Tulkas

Fledgling Freddie
It seems as though this game has lost all sense of role-playing. Tanks can no longer get into high-level PvE groups without beeing a leech, people just want groups that can kill mobs fast, role-playing of ones characters is as good as gone, Master Level and Dragon raids have more rules than most countries...

I think that this is a shame, I am therefore looking for other players on the Excalibur server who would be interested in creating a full role-playing guild.

Irakaz

Fledgling Freddie
Albs still like to have a 50 pally (+leech) for pve :)

Although being a reaver I need to have my FOP cleric guildy to get a grp :( .
I may be the leech but when the pull goes wrong Im usually the last one standing . . . . . of course then I die . . . . . .

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
When you refer to being a leech, thats a PL group, not a real PvE group, theres a heck of a difference. One you need a FoP or BB to get into, the other takes like leveled characters to level on par, rather than advantage.

There are already PvE guilds about, making yet another is a waste. Ask about in game more, there are like minded people out there for sure, just fewer and further between.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Part of the problem is normal group are very very slow xp

We ran a guild fully opted level 20 group a few weeks back

25 warrior
25 healer
20 sm
20 sm
20 warrior
20 supp runey
20 healer
20 shammie

and it was slooooooooooow people get bored hence less people wanting to group normally and less roleplaying

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It can be good to do it the old fashioned way. We have a group that's been going once a week from 20 to 36 or so. A lot slower than powerlevelling, of course, but a lot more fun too. We try to avoid staying in the same spot for more than two weeks, to keep things fairly fresh. Of course, gaining a level in 3 hours is far too slow for many people now, but we're enjoying it. So much so we started another group at 10, which is now getting to the early twenties.

But yes, leeches are very popular. Whether people want Paladins + Leech, Ice Wizards + Leech or FoP Clerics + Leech, the leech seems to be the most wanted <grin>.

I guess it depends on your views, really. I want to have fun levelling AND fun in RvR. If you want to get levelling over fast AND THEN have fun in RvR, you'll be more keen on the latter model.

Darzil
Order of the Knights Templar, Prydwen

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Case,

You'd have found the group a fair bit faster later, I think. The 20's will have been getting penalties to xp due to being more than 3 levels lower than the 25's (the anti-powerlevelling code). Your pbaoe (if that's what you were using) will have hit less effectively against the targets that were decent for your 25's to hit.

Had you taken all 20's, and a bot with FoP outside the group supplying power, you'd probably have found the group to be very effective. I don't believe Fonts are capped by level, so 20's pbaoe groups shouldn't need to stop for power, which will really up your training speed. I've not actually tried it, though, so if may not be that good, but on paper I think it should be. It always works best if the pbaoer's are at the top of your level range, so that you can be hitting high con mobs without as many resists. If they are low, it can be less effective than a tank group.

Darzil

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
My experience of FoPs placed by a higher level is that the lower level character simply doesn't get any experience at all if they benefitted from the font at any point during the duration of the fight. I don't know what the permissable level range is, but a 50 fopping for a 20 definitely ran into trouble. The 20 was killing oranges and getting no xp, except when the fight took place away from the font.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, FOP can be used when leveling your characters but I will clear up a few misconceptions you have.
1- Fop is capped. IIRC A level 10 character gets about 2 power per tick. There is a formula, if i wasnt at work I could tell you. But the downtime is similar to what it is for a 50 recharging from 0 power with fop.
2- FOP absolutely cannot be used in combat when leveling. At the lower levels you will get ZERO experience from any kill if ANY party member even gets one tick from the FOP. You will need to place it away from your pulling spot and be carefull that everyone knows when your downtime is so doesnt start recharging during battle.

Personally I think FOP works better if your leveling a character solo.

That said it does still reduce your downtime and level 50 buffs help a bit too ;)

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
You cant use FoP at that level .. well actually you can but you will get no xp. I tried using animist when it was L31, it seems because the FoP leeches some xp then also if the mobs are grey con to the character using fop (usually 50) then none of you gain xp. Whn i tried slightly higher level mobs than that (L35-36) which were green to the fop bot then i got very small amounts of xp.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, that's a shame. Counts the same as having a level 50 in group, then.

Darzil

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Helsvell said:
You cant use FoP at that level .. well actually you can but you will get no xp. I tried using animist when it was L31, it seems because the FoP leeches some xp then also if the mobs are grey con to the character using fop (usually 50) then none of you gain xp. Whn i tried slightly higher level mobs than that (L35-36) which were green to the fop bot then i got very small amounts of xp.

Don't stand in fop when u make the kill :p just use it when resting and it leaches no xp. Works quite well

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
Don't stand in fop when u make the kill :p just use it when resting and it leaches no xp. Works quite well

I found it a problem if I had been in the fop at any time during the fight, not just at the kill.

It works fine, as you say, if it's only a downtime refuge when you're not fighting. That doesn't necessarily suit all locations, however.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
well depends how ur xping, bb+tank fop is nice to stand ur bb in.
I tend to drop a for in a unpopulated corner anyway so the other lowbies dont get annoyed ur wiping the whole room in their dt alone :p

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Mairghead said:
I found it a problem if I had been in the fop at any time during the fight, not just at the kill.

It works fine, as you say, if it's only a downtime refuge when you're not fighting. That doesn't necessarily suit all locations, however.

Meant the kill from start to finish not like the killing blow, but i wasnt very clear (nothing new there)

It is as you say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom