What happened to the tree ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Reading the patch notes for 1.83 and 1.84 the druid pet changes jogged a memory.

Im 99% sure when leveling my druid all those years/months ago that one of the pets they could summon was a little tree - Am I imagining this or have i just gone mad.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
Reading the patch notes for 1.83 and 1.84 the druid pet changes jogged a memory.

Im 99% sure when leveling my druid all those years/months ago that one of the pets they could summon was a little tree - Am I imagining this or have i just gone mad.

Think its you going mad

Next you will be going into the pubs of Tir Na Nog, trying to pick up trees!

stafrin

Loyal Freddie
yes you are right, they used to have a tree pet aswell, dont remember why they removed it though, maby because it was too big or something

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
yes you did used to be able to summon a tree - I think you stopped being able to when toa came along.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The tree had a problem with movement iirc so they changed it to a bear a few patches ago.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Think its you going mad

Next you will be going into the pubs of Tir Na Nog, trying to pick up trees!

:twak: see others remember it too ! its not me going mad :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Patch 1.68 said:
Druid

- We have replaced the druid's tree pet with a black bear. This change should eliminate the problems many druids had with the tree pet interfering with visibility and targeting.

Yeah I was that sure I've just searched all the old patch notes :) We got this patch on the 29th April 2004 on the GoA servers.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
the trees went arrrr like a pirate :(

arrrrrrrrr I remember that. (lol memories are flooding back now - i can recall going to the blackthorn camp and loosing my pet amongst the mobs)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
gu_20030424.jpg

gu_20040122.jpg

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
red x's :<

mm I see them ok, unless you mean this red-x (which was an undercover alias of Robin)
B139719.jpg

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
lets start a 'bring back the arrr trees campaign'

if they were removed because of los / pathing issues - why the fook didnt they change abom pets? - they move worse than me after 10 pints of stella on a friday night!

Gamah

Banned
rampant said:
they move worse than me after 10 pints of stella on a friday night!

Its true, hes a picture of rampant moving on a friday night !

Man%20swinging%20his%20coat%20while%20disco%20dancing%201.jpg

Puppet

Part of the furniture
The pet was removed upon request of various druids because a 32+ Nature druid tree-pet was blocking the view permanently for the druid when in /follow-mode. Was annoying as fuck.

Next patch as 32+ Nature druid you can choose your pet upon casting. I cant really say I miss the tree, the sound off it was annoying.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
aye the tree troubled me.
it kept lookin at u shifty an makin funny noises.
wasted a whole power bar one day cos that was the only pet that would spawn so i kept releasing an recasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom