What happened to Malmo?

G

Groborthir

That's my question. What the fuck happened to Malmo?

I've been there with 3 chars, and every time it's been going strong all day. No 1-2 hours breaks to fix groups, no big problems getting the right classes, lists were miles long, XP decent enough.

But now? It's utter shite! All the right classes missing all the times, people logging in the case of the slightest problems getting groups fixed, horribly slow XP, lair groups dying out at 9 PM. What used to be an easy ride through 40-50 has now turned into an obscenely slow endeavour of long waiting periods, XP equivalent of pulling green cons and less, and past the evening problems you have nothing else to do but to sit down, type /quit and find something else to do.

So, again I ask: What the fuck happened to Malmo?

And don't give me any crap about mobs on zonewalls and "it's impossible to get to lair now!". It's not. I've done it the last 5 times with no problems. You might get aggro easier than before, but you can still sprint away from the mobs.

God damn it!

There, just had to get it out. :)

O

ormorof

people got lazy after 1.62..... the curse of /level? :p

D

darkseed

The right classes, you mean sm and healers? ;)

A

AzuratMinimus

Or you could play a sm and healer and get group when you log in. Didn´t have any trouble while lvling my sm a week ago. :p

Think it´s even easier to get into malmo now, not seen any patrol at h-stone which used to be the tricky part.

O

old.tuppe

many peeps still enjoy pl in spindel, and keep it camped so late 30 groups cannot go there and do nice xp.

but wonder if lacking healers? when move to malmo whit my healer, in 7 day, /played 9 day it was 50 from 40.

usually get up local time ~8am, played to 17.00pm and rest day did other jobs, if not groups desperatelly look healer when i log to islor and was there later.

malmo is still nro 1 xp spot to groups.
next patch open modernagrav (new SI area) what maybe is close malmo but otherwise? not even near.

J

Jaem

Yujie lvl 40 to 50 malmo in 4 days, its still a great place.

J

Jaem

4 rl days :p

but to 50 with the quests I needed was 6days /play :x

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Jaem
4 rl days :p

but to 50 with the quests I needed was 6days /play :x

4 days, nanananan! :p

aww who cars this thread will be gone in a few days :(

K

Kraben

/whine enabled

Im curious as well..

Do Malmo HAVE to consist of pb groups? I remember the old days where ALL were allowed there, not just certain classes. Healer 1 mezz left, healer2 mezz right and so forth. MA on one mob at a time.. can it be that hard to arrange if the " right classes " arent there to make a pb group?

And what about healers? They have to be lvl 40+ now?? For a pac healer I can perhaps understand it when there are running pb groups so stun lands more often - but for me as lvl 39 and Aug/Mender?

I do believe that once the key rule was: seers 38+ (mayb 39 ) and rest 40+

/whine disabled

B

Bagloor

I think that after the pb groups started ppl don't have the patient to do the MA style anymore becouse it's slower and most of them don't know how to. And they don't give toss about paying the attention it demands.

And the Draks also have much more resists theses days so it's very hard to get the mezz to bite on all the inc mobs.

O

old.tuppe

what i remember lvl has been allways 40+.
last summer 1st time i start see these lvl 38 chars in malmo, not before.

cc mobs is hard, agree, have tryed several times mezz draks whit 50 healer and 44 in pac :) and many times some mobs resist.

at this moment when resist rates etc are what are? pbaeo pulling is maybe only way to go, but offcourse can try avoid long downtimes sometimes and use cc pulling, but its alott more complicated what pcaeo pulling, peeps cannot sleep cc pulling!
i still have image shammys roots sticked alott better what mezz, maybe healers too? worth to check.

B

Brunore

I havent seen a MA group in malmo for about a year now.

I remember being MA for 7 levels with my old thane, damn hard work back then.

pbaoe at malmo is damn boring, MA used to make it a little more fun.

but, that said pbaoe is soooooooo much faster if you get a good 2 groups working well.

C

Cami

What Brunore said :|

Anyway old man, what are you playing now? Havent seen you for a long time.

D

Damon_D

MA is HELL now , with the new resist rates even a lvl 49 healer has a hard time getting single target mezzes to stick on Exe's

F

Fiddley

Hoho
I tried being listholder in Malm for a day. We did (ofc?) pb groups and exp was crap in g2 (my group), but we rearranged it a bit and got things working. As the day passed, people logged, it was hard getting the "right" classes and teh WHINE begun. G1 cried for more and more SMs (no casters on list - at all), we were down to using Shadowblades as tanks :)

I suggested Mezz and Assist and the whole crowd went: "Are you fucking stupid?" ..

If you dont have a buffbot, play a healer or SM, dont go Malm.

Users who are viewing this thread