What happen on Albion

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Never fun to meet NP. They will always find some new abuse to piss off people with.

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
Ok this wasent a internet penis measurment thread think some of the other ppl already taking care of thoose threads.

Sycho glad to hear you lot still running. and same to you scunner.

What i meant with this thread. Before you could really go hw and odins and emain and there was albs everywhere.
yesterday "Monday" was great 70 midds in emain then 50 albs for 1 point there was 40 hibbs there aswell and apperntly loads of fights in odins aswell.

but if you look at the statestics you will see 1500 ppl online on prydwen. Should be fair to say 400 hibbs, 550 mids 550 albs nowadays ? anyway , 70 of 550 rvring , 50 of 550 rvring 40 of 400 rvring ... what are the other 1300ish ppl doing :)?

Why i asked what happen in albion is cause before the population wasent really as close as it is now among mid and alb. But ive been rvring for 2 and a half year and tbh not many new names unless is an alt from the "elite rvr guilds" are seen at rvr field.

And please dont make this into some 1 fg we got zerged noob thread from 2 fg can do it in this thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=28114.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
And hibbi got AD it seems, i hope to see TDD,Eclipse,NP.

Lately due to holidays etc there only seems to be 1 AD group and an Eclipse/AD group out regulerly the evenings i play.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
Blabbling post cause Blej has nobody to farm due to Mid force adding 10 seconds on any group that pokes it's head into Emain
I've been on a little break, but it seems AD is one of the few that are still trying to get a Guild Group together. We tried to run Emain last night:

First fight was vs Maelmstrom, close fight, no adds, we won (just). Would have been equally happy to lose in a fight like that.

Second fight vs BO I think, plus what looked to be 1FG of adds and some stealthers also - between MMG and AMG on the Zone wall (well traveled route but no main gate)

Third fight vs BAF on Ridge (again well travelled route but no main gate), win mez get hit from behind by an adding Mid group).

Decided to say fuck you to Mids and went to Odins where we had some nice fights.

I've got no real issue with fights that are more than 1FG, got no issue with adding either - however when you have 1FG of Hibs in a zone and 5 - 8 FG's of Mids (3 of which are good guild groups) and you are so RP horny that you all race to the single FG of enemys to whore those RP's then well, boooh wooo when the Hibs / Albs log.

Simple fact is if there's one FG of enemys running, chain ganking them won't get more out. Nor will clustering more Mids into a single zone, use some grey matter, you use IRC for everything else - maybe try shifting to a different zone and advertise your location (in a general sense of course).

atos

Fledgling Freddie
You all zerg. (said by a solo nonstealther) Now less accusing eachother of zerging more then the rest.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
never done that towards you when i played atleast.
And sometimes it might be needed to roll a diffrent setup or try diffrent thing to compete to the max, this doesnt mean a group give up tho.

Always nice with challenges.

True , but there was all the hype about mael were gonna "kick us out of emain " when NP came back for TOA , 1 week later mael had changed their setup 3/4 times and gone back to pve... PE also stopped playing.

It's always the same story , people say they have "new setup" and that they will "own" NP but 2 days after we've come back emain is empty. Prydwen lacks randoms to farm when this happens and thats the reason why some people really cant be bothered with prydwen.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Maleg said:
I've got no real issue with fights that are more than 1FG, got no issue with adding either - however when you have 1FG of Hibs in a zone and 5 - 8 FG's of Mids (3 of which are good guild groups) and you are so RP horny that you all race to the single FG of enemys to whore those RP's then well, boooh wooo when the Hibs / Albs log.

Simple fact is if there's one FG of enemys running, chain ganking them won't get more out. Nor will clustering more Mids into a single zone, use some grey matter, you use IRC for everything else - maybe try shifting to a different zone and advertise your location (in a general sense of course).

What he said :)

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Luona said:
but if you look at the statestics you will see 1500 ppl online on prydwen. Should be fair to say 400 hibbs, 550 mids 550 albs nowadays ? anyway , 70 of 550 rvring , 50 of 550 rvring 40 of 400 rvring ... what are the other 1300ish ppl doing :)?

Can't talk about the other 2 realms but if u make a run through albion you'll see a crazy amount of necros and their alts :eek7: Not to mention that large portions of those numbers for all 3 realms are most likely only alts or BBs.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Folks

Been reading alot of these threads recently and I think all new low rr players have the same problems. My 50 rr2l9 warrior has a life expectancy of under 5 seconds against most hib groups. Run to take bard *mezzed* (purge) grapple, dead.

That happens at least 3-4 times in any one rvr session when I meet lots of hibs. Vs Alb its often a case of Chase Sorc around sprinting in vain to try and smack him whilst getting dotted/nuked by cabbies. Yes if I meet an equal rr group in equal setting I do better but there are quite a few high rr players out there who just hand me my ass regulalrly. NF will probably make it even worse for my twoll warrior as Range > all according to reports. . . .

All 3 realms zerg on occasions, I don't see why more people don't hit odins or hw?

You say its dead, then people sit and complain about emain being zergy. If Albs and Hibs come odins - then at least you know you will have each other to fight ;)

Last night Odins was jammed as another thread states and alot of fun was had by all. My ickle lvl 40 runey (we had no speed in guild group ) got one shotted by some scary hibbie caster groups out there :)

'Squish

Compton

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
no chance , not enough to kill + others rvr groups just log after dying 5/6 times in a row

Not enough to kill? there are 70+ middies in emain all the time to kill.
try it, you'll see grapplemonkeying wont work anymore but then again, i'll quote what fadeh said about abusing stuffs ;)

But i guess in a bit, most mids will get bored and rvr can go back to a more decent state

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Compton said:
try it, you'll see grapplemonkeying wont work anymore but then again, i'll quote what fadeh said about abusing stuffs ;)

But i guess in a bit, most mids will get bored and rvr can go back to a more decent state

same story , always "loads to kill" bla bla

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Compton said:

There's only many mids in emain cos there's no decent grps to clear them, once there is/would be it'd be as clear as always.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
last 2 days, logg of boredom.

Wtf albs and hibbis zerg if u have to.

Suicided at APK 30albs there or so.

Ask outlaw how to lead a zerg or something, if u can win in 1fg vs 1fg, just zerg and u might have more fun atleast! COME ON!!

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
There's only many mids in emain cos there's no decent grps to clear them, once there is/would be it'd be as clear as always.
Thats true, there just arent good enough groups out atm to kill the mids. Except we would come back :)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Blejs, has it occurred to you that people dont want to be moving rp vessels for you to farm? That cant be much fun for them, it most certainly wasnt fun to get run over by the hibbie boybands a month or so ago, doubt casual players from the other realms find it more enjoyable. You are just suffereing from the poorly designed RA/artifact system atm. No one wants to fight fights they have very little chance of winning. Only fools and people with unlimited time at their disposal waste their time trying over and over. I bet you soon wishes that the rp gain from a kill scaled with the rr difference. Then the rift between you gank groupers and the casual players would not have been as huge as it is today and you would have had lots more enemies to fight....try and walk a bit in the casual players' shoes for a while and maybe you will realise why people are reasoning as they do in the posts on this thread. Of course this situation was something that was brought up a year ago and brushed aside as bs by the powergamer faction. But as the Swedish adverb goes: "Som man bäddar får man ligga..."

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Iceflower said:
Blejs, has it occurred to you that people dont want to be moving rp vessels for you to farm? That cant be much fun for them, it most certainly wasnt fun to get run over by the hibbie boybands a month or so ago, doubt casual players from the other realms find it more enjoyable. You are just suffereing from the poorly designed RA/artifact system atm. No one wants to fight fights they have very little chance of winning. Only fools and people with unlimited time at their disposal waste their time trying over and over. I bet you soon wishes that the rp gain from a kill scaled with the rr difference. Then the rift between you gank groupers and the casual players would not have been as huge as it is today and you would have had lots more enemies to fight....try and walk a bit in the casual players' shoes for a while and maybe you will realise why people are reasoning as they do in the posts on this thread. Of course this situation was something that was brought up a year ago and brushed aside as bs by the powergamer faction. But as the Swedish adverb goes: "Som man bäddar får man ligga..."

bring a zerg then ;<
rather get zerged then no action at all

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:
Thats true, there just arent good enough groups out atm to kill the mids.

No we dont have 3 healers with baseline 2300 lull, possible zephyr, aoe insta stun mes *2.
No we dont have aoe disease root dot in chain
No we dont have insta lifetap classes.
Yes its boring to rvr on prydwen atm.
Yes lots hibs are ml10 with tons of artis.
Yes we/I suck and You rock !!!
No I dont think you rocked like this on alb excal.

Aldrick said:
Except we would come back :)

Did You know that some of us have been coming back for ~1-2 years. First it was healer shammy+savage groups. Now its healer hammy +caster groups. I bet You noticed the impact of it when not playing mid. Only now pb groups vs tankless groups is not that great.

Atleast not for us mediocre players. But maybe some of You experts could enlighten us how to play to win ...

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Aldrick said:
Thats true, there just arent good enough groups out atm to kill the mids. Except we would come back :)

Not easy to clear 60-100? odd mids or more when most are high rr and set groups kind of when they are 5-10s apart :/

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
my conclusion

Awarkle said:
problem is i feel with most hibs is the current information.

we sit and decide hey lets go rvr. ask over alliance "status of emain,odins,hadrians" we get back emain zerged by mids pe are about, mael and bo camping bolg.

us below rr8 peeps go well lets not bother because unfortunatly you opted group sort of ruin rvr for the rest of us we cant compete i mean every odd night i make say 1k rps if im lucky maybe less. Its just not fun to run into a mid opted group and stand around doing nothing as the three healers spam lulaby your group into obscurity.

Or albions sorcerer assist train mezz nuke nuke nuke all dead.

I mean after you have been jumped the 30th time leaving bolg from the side when your lower realm ranks you dont have purge your lucky if you got your artifacts leveled and mls. Then frankly its a case of why bother .

To be steamrollered after spending 5 minutes running into emain isnt fun. And im talking of the low rr majority the people who arnt opted the greatest spec for groups. And if the reply is get a buff bot or roll an opted char i dont play dark age to play on rails if i wanted to do that i would log on to counterstrike.

------------

ToA widened the cap between players. Doesnt take a genius to figure that out. The result is that the better players wipe randoms even more easy than before which leads to that fewer randoms stay in rvr zones, except for the realm holding the upper hand in the zone (for example mids in emain atm).

What can be done to counter it:

1. Randoms make bigger zerg to kill the leet players.

Problem with that solution is you need some kind of leader to organize it. Will be hard.

2. Randoms get higher RR and MLs and skills.

Problem with that is that randoms dont have time and opportunity to get it.

So Mythic thaught, lets make a environment where solution nr 1 can more easily be made possible (NF). Problem with that is that spending hours at standoffs at keeps or getting massive lag from huge zergs is making the enjoyment from playing the game low for most people.

Result from NF experience have yet to come to Prydwen, it might not be long standoffs or massive zergs here. But the bigger gap between the players is a situation that is here to stay. But that situation might solve itself if leet players become bored and leave the game.

In an odd kind of way, problems have a way of solving themselves, at least for those players who have the patience to wait it out.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
What Happen'd to Albion

King Arthur died ;< and it all went to down hill from there

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Stay alert Mods, Heheyougotboned musta sold his FH acc on ebay cause he's actually posting some sense :p

Morimdin

Banned
Luona said:
I can understand how frusturating it must be to be an alb atm read on irc one time that 1 fg hadent passt amg for 3h sad really imo.
might have something to do with the 2fg sm/bd fotm bastids and the 10+ stealthers camping amg 24/7? :/

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
hehe

Old.Ilum said:
Stay alert Mods, Heheyougotboned musta sold his FH acc on ebay cause he's actually posting some sense :p

I just drank some coke and got some fresh air. It must have awoken my brain a bit. Come play your cabba more ok, I will even close my eyes when fighting to make it a fair fight.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
like 4fg albs now, >.< and 2fg hibbis atleast.

Kinda cool, but weirdo hour.

And stunned fyi we run with 2healer in main group.

And also against randoms a random group have nice chance also with right setup atleast, since with pbaoe box it would even rock before since most couldnt died almost insta in it etc.

So not like hibbis are bad at all.
Neither is albs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom