What goodies did it bring back?

Poag

m00?

Parts/Pics of the chinese space station? Seems mighty sus that it came back the day they dock up :p

Also, isn't technology great? We put these things up there for over a year, then it makes a picture perfect landing.

Chilly

Balls of steel
One of the best bits about that craft is that is has enough thrust and control to substantially change it's orbit multiple times during a mission. So it might want to intercept and take photos of various satellites or generally just point it's (presumably) ultra-elite camera at whatever it likes (north korea, iran, china) for calibration and testing purposes. It'll be going back up soon, I'd have thought. Probably several of them once Boeing have sorted out all the problems they turned up in this test flight.

rynnor

Rockhound
One of the best bits about that craft is that is has enough thrust and control to substantially change it's orbit multiple times during a mission. So it might want to intercept and take photos of various satellites or generally just point it's (presumably) ultra-elite camera at whatever it likes (north korea, iran, china) for calibration and testing purposes. It'll be going back up soon, I'd have thought. Probably several of them once Boeing have sorted out all the problems they turned up in this test flight.

The reason it has such reserves of thrust is so that it can alter its position/orbit multiple times so that it can hide its real activities. Its used to launch spy sats - its also suspected of being designed for a potential anti-satellite role.

Poag

m00?
Well a more interesting use of it is to send it up. Have it lurk about for 6 months, nab someones sat as soon as its launched and on the far side of the planet, release some "debris", change orbit and claim innocence.

More interestingly i read a reddit article about how there is a larger version planed and, as above, the USAF have plans for a fleet, we are probably seeing a counter to the old "wait for the spy sat to go out of sight then roll out the nuke tests", with a little space plane your never entirely sure where it is/when its there, unless you can track it yourself, which means keeping track of everything in orbit bigger than 60cm in length, as it moves!

Fairly sure the only ones who can/do do that atm is the US Military with the dotted radar installations (handily open to a fair lump of the Anglosphere)

Its going to be a new space race tho, for those who want this too....

Chilly

Balls of steel
They do not need expensive systems like this to take geo stationary satellites. That can easily be achieved by missiles launched from high altitude or the newer Multi Stage Anti Satellite Missiles known as ASM's.
It's not about taking out satellites, it's about recon. Imagine you are the US NRO (recon office) and have the ability to sidle up to enemy sats and take detailled photographs and scans of them for analysis by engineers down in the lab. that tells you all sorts about enemy capabilities and what they actually put into orbit rather than what they declare they are putting into orbit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It probably has lasers and all sorts of shit too. I bet it's made of alien technology.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If it didn't bring pie or cake back I am not interested and they can GTFO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom