What do you want GOA to complete first (ZOMG A POLL!)

What do you want GOA to fix/do First

• Fix the XML.

Votes: 94 17.2%
  • Cluster English servers.

Votes: 133 24.4%
  • Get DR Released ASAP.

Votes: 85 15.6%
  • Finish item restore on prydwen.

Votes: 136 25.0%
  • Dance the funky chicken.

Votes: 97 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
GOA @ Roll of Honour @ daoc.goa.com/en/ said:
You will soon be able to access again the realm war map, the rankings, and the guilds and players information.

SOON :eek7:

Everything is relative but in this case soon was a long time ago :mad:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Aye the economy got seriously rapped on prydwen, GOA rly didnt think wtf they were doing.

Afran

Part of the furniture
SoulFly said:
First things first, which would mean that GOA should restore everyone's items before releasing anything. The XML can't be that hard to fix now can it ? It's just a nifty tool to check stuff from, but that's about it. Fix everyone's losses first, then start thinking about releasing something new.

No, I didn't lose anything, but I feel extremely frustrated for the people who did and those who are my friends. It also screwed up the economy quite bad aswell, but that will tone itself down as time passes by.

So I say fix prydwen first, then the XML and then think about clustering when you've made complete backups of everything so they don't get fucked up, since people do not want to live in fear of losing rare items.

my 5 cents.

Agree. But rather have cluster than XML :>

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah
ye bartman pretty boring.​
duffman.jpg
bartman3.gif

Balan

Fledgling Freddie
DR necros look gimppish again i know cos i played the usa severs

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Someone post pictures of the DR necro pet. :/ I haven't yet seen them.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Though the last option seemed tempting, had to pick the 'Restoring Items' one, since many people are still missing items they have worked long and hard for, and I find it sad.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Forgot one thing in the poll Gamah. They wont cluster till Item recovery on pryd is done

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Bag said:
SOON :eek7:

Everything is relative but in this case soon was a long time ago :mad:

Yeah ... Got suspicious though when they took the time to paint an elaborate picture with that text instead of just fixing the XML.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly all the chickens that went out dancing caught the Flu :p

TBH there are loads of little niggles in the game to fix - and some new ones - the LOS bug the Target not in view bug (oldies) and a new one seems to be the magic teleporting keep guards that port back into keep when you fighting them (new)

Items on Pryd is a must do - lots of other issues need doing but aprt from items on pryd - cluster away - don't want cluster but if it's coming let's get on with it :)

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
where's the option 'make sure all servers are up and running 24/7' ? :p

and yes, I am posting this on the moment that all servers are down...

Reika

Fledgling Freddie
DR got my vote. I also want the roll of honour to be fixed.

Not bothered about the clustering. I voted against it.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
FIX the problems on Prydwen

Fix the XML's (they do matter)

Fix the hacking issues

Cluster the servers

Give peeps Classic Servers

SCRAP any fucking add on until the above sorted.

its the peeps playing the game that pay your wages mythic, sooner u listen, the less likely u are to lose your jobs. sort it NOW.

bringing out DR before sorting anything else is gonna piss peeps off and drive peeps away. and lets face it, there's better games coming out soon than daoc, u need to keep your current players happy, not milk them.

the whole prydwen thing was a disgrace.. and still is, and it had implications on excalibur as well, so it wasnt just 1 server fucked up.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
ilaya said:
its the peeps playing the game that pay your wages mythic, sooner u listen, the less likely u are to lose your jobs. sort it NOW.

No we dont

We pay GOA wages, Mythic just supply patches and add ons

HappyG

Fledgling Freddie
1.) Fix the XML
2.) Finish item restore on prydwen
3.) Fix the XML
4.) Cluster English servers
5.) Fix the XML
6.) Get DR Released ASAP
7.) Fix the fucking XML

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
Old players first before trying to make new ones, so the Prydwen items is #1.

Cluster / XLM is quite 50/50 in my opinion.

Last comes the 'once again new expansion' thing. SI + ToA + Catacombs.. so it's the 4th one.

In my opinion it's very stupid make more new expansions as if we think about the new players of DAoC. DAoC classic costs about 30€ but if you buy _all_ the expansions with it the price goes pretty high as 1 internetgame..

:m00:

HappyG

Fledgling Freddie
Lywon said:
DAoC classic costs about 30€ but if you buy _all_ the expansions with it the price goes pretty high as 1 internetgame..

DAoC Classic + SI = Free

Now all they need is offer ToA+Cata+DR as a digital download for some fair price.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
bottler said:
i think they should lunch the classic servers.

Fkn sick of retarded ToA grind and fkn lame ml enc cba with it anymore :twak:

Fkn sick of retarded classic servers people buffbots stick themself and vampires dominate solo haha lol and tired of catacombs grind lolleer kiill entire purple mob filled dungeon many many times to get itamz.

Translation: If you think classic servers will be oh so much better than toa, think again.

I've toa'd 4 characters and I would (my acc is closed, not wasting more $$) still prefer focuspulling battler/cyrek on my own instead of struggling to find 7 other people to raid instances. I (like most daoc players) don't have anyone to form a set group with (anymore) and without that catacombs is just as bad as toa. Infact, it's worse, I wouldn't be able to focuspull highend instances.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Lywon said:
Old players first before trying to make new ones, so the Prydwen items is #1.

Cluster / XLM is quite 50/50 in my opinion.

Last comes the 'once again new expansion' thing. SI + ToA + Catacombs.. so it's the 4th one.

In my opinion it's very stupid make more new expansions as if we think about the new players of DAoC. DAoC classic costs about 30€ but if you buy _all_ the expansions with it the price goes pretty high as 1 internetgame..

It's not only about the money. I think new players are cut off from the vein of competitive playing and can do 2 things

1. Zerg (if there is ANY to join)
2. Quit (more likely)

It is not at all fun to go out on your own (since who would group with a beginner?) and get steamrolled by fgs who are rrtwentyfivemillion.

Also the HOARDS of pve to be done as a beginner is terrible. For me toa is easy because I know what to do, how to farm scrolls, do artifacts without even reading guides. Imagine toa as a newcomer.

Classic servers are no better, it will become a tendency to stick your bot on your ass and go warlock something (mainly the unfortunate new players). They can also get minced up in the catacombs instances since who would group with a beginner? We don't want a healer who isn't good at healing doh !

This is just me thinking out loud about why new players are not coming at all. We can't say daoc is old because certain games which are a lot more dated than daoc are still played by millions online.

When a game becomes something which forces you to give up real life (or suck), the majority of people (the new players, don't mind the old addicts) choose rl.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
When a game becomes something which forces you to give up real life (or suck), the majority of people (the new players, don't mind the old addicts) choose rl.

There is "Another Game" which employs this formula as well and is hugely successfull (in fact the grind to maximize your character in "That Other Game" makes ToA etc pale in comparison - i dont really think new players mind the "grind" as much as older players think, because after all, it will all be new to them. And it also takes alot less time to reach max level so that you can take part in endgame activities in this game than in "That Other Game". All thats lacking really is more players so that the servers come alive and there are people to support all the diverse activites - we need people zerging, we need fg vs fg, we need people sieging, we need soloers, we need people doing high end pve raiding, we need people exping in groups, and atm there is simply not enough players to support all these activities, which forces people do do things they might not have chosen otherwise, making them lose interest in the game and leaving, perpetuating the cycle of player decline. What i really want GOA to do next is do more advertising and more promotion for the game - stick that excellent new video on the cover disc of every gamer mage, link to it from gamer sites, post it on other games official forums - make people talk about DAoC the way they talk about "That Other Game".

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I would like Mythic/Goa to have a look at Argamon and work out why that island sucks so much.... for loading/fps/lag issues.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
promotion for the game, though not sure if a new player will keep up with all the addons and shit i mean it started like this:

lvl 50
lvl 50 + rr
lvl 50 + rr + sc
lvl 50 + rr + sc + ml + artifacts
lvl 50 + rr + sc + ml + artifacts + cl + cw
what will it be it like in 2 years ahead?

lvl 50 + rr + sc + ml + arti + cl + cw + pvegrind8 + grind45 + ubahwotaheva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom