Football What do you think?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Meh, possibly but what about ths country's much lauded freedom of speech? Putting aside that it was most likely a joke, it's not as if he was inciting people to go kill gays. In fact, the only thing that's annoyed my mate Chris is the stereotyping of gay guys always trying to bum straight guys. otherwise he thinks firing the player is a massive overreaction.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Stupid thing to say, joke or not - this is the sort of thing that people should be made to apologise for. Kinda puts jokingly saying your team-mate looks like a rapist into perspective.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If it was all a joke then why have no footballers come out as being gay? There must be at least one famous footballer that is gay.
The reason is because there is a lot of anti gay feelings in the football community. That's why there is a gay football league.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People seem to think that because it's online, its not real. They need to wake up tbh, from simple minded footballers to MPs.

gohan

FH is my second home
marc overmars was definately gay, just look at how he ran.......

wasn't graham le saux openly gay? fairly sure i remember fowler getting banned for bending over in front of him when he was about to take a free kick

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think they wanted rid for another reason as this is an excuse.

And footballers do not owe it to the public to come out so why should there be any openly gay footballers? And yes they would get the piss taken out of them but that would happen just as bad in Rugby and any other sport where 20k people have freedom of speech.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

wasn't graham le saux openly gay? fairly sure i remember fowler getting banned for bending over in front of him when he was about to take a free kick

You're an idiot. Le Saux was branded gay because he wasn't a "lad" and admitted he liked reading.

This is part of the problem, morons like you taking stupid gossip as fact.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Le Saux was not gay. Other footballers thought he was gay because he had a degree and learning is for queers.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Jesus Wazz, talking about overreactions. He didn't state that Le Saux IS gay, he just asked a question based on rumours. He didn't take it as fact. So why don't you stop being a prick to everyone and learn to play nice?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He did take it as fact that's why he thought he was "openly gay."

Comprehension fail.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
A neanderthal thing to say but yes getting sacked is probably an over-reaction. I'd have suspended him.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh come on, how many of you have ever muttered "will put a cork up my arse" when in a discussion about gays. Personally I think that we are getting far too PC for my liking. I have a couple of gay friends and we always crack silly jokes. It means nothing to them or me.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
"I like to put wood up my arse."
:rolleyes:

Between friends that's fine but saying the same thing about some guy you've never met, aren't close friends with and that can be read by anyone in the world is very different. Context matters a lot.

gohan

FH is my second home
He did take it as fact that's why he thought he was "openly gay."

Comprehension fail.
I'm fairly sure putting a question mark at the end of a sentace shows that it is infact a question, not a statement. I could be wrong, but as I'm the one that put it there I'm fairly confident I'm not wrong and it was, infact, a question. But then then you've always been a class A cunt so why stop now?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Forest are currently under investigation for 'racist hatecrimes' or what ever the correct term is for it, because the fans were singing to Leicester fans 'You used to be England'

Seriously? - It's banter, surely?

That's like when Derby fans sing 'Always shit on the red side of the Trent'

OMFG, LINDA, LINDA! DERBY FANS ARE COMING TO HAVE A POO ON OUR FRONT LAWN!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, possibly but what about ths country's much lauded freedom of speech? Putting aside that it was most likely a joke, it's not as if he was inciting people to go kill gays. In fact, the only thing that's annoyed my mate Chris is the stereotyping of gay guys always trying to bum straight guys. otherwise he thinks firing the player is a massive overreaction.

He's representing his employer online, they have every right to sack him. If he wanted to post stuff like that, he should have a) read his contract and what it has to say about his online activity and b) just created an alias.

People need to get with the times, it's clear a lot of you here don't work for an employer who has modern guidelines and rules about how you portray the company outside of work, or just haven't read their terms and conditions of employment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom