What do you think?

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
There's been so many polls about old frontiers and such but I would like to ask what you think about this.

Todays RvR is really boring compared to the old days, one thing that I truly miss is not knowing when a keep, if not claimed or a claimed keep within an alliance you didn't belong to, was under attack. Now we all know how easy it is to spot any kind of siege going on to a keep/tower.

So what do you guys think?

Remove radar (war) map or not?

Personally I'd like to see it disappear for good.

Discuss!

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Only remove the under siege flames. I think it's a nice map to see if theres unclaimed towers/keeps or just to see which realm controls which keeps/towers.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Will also make ppl able to ambusher another enemy realm and perhabs we can have some great epic fights like the good ol' days :cheers:

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Never thought of it that way actually but you are right.
It makes the sneak attacks a lot harder since everyone and his mother knows what is going on at all time.
I dont mind an overlook map but in a game that even dont have a radio in it i think a radar map is a lil over the top:)

pip

Banned
No leave the flames that is ok, remove bits like you just killed someone at /blah /blah that sucks:(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
No leave the flames that is ok, remove bits like you just killed someone at /blah /blah that sucks:(

That was in Old Frontiers too though - just people probably didn't know the names of the areas quite so well.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
rofl, worst idea yet.

with a fronteer that is as empty that only luck will bring up an enemie at times, you want to take away the only ingame tool to actually help find enemies ??

dunno mate, you sound like a radar user who wants to be a one eyed king in the land of the blind ;) (kidding)

how would one ever be able to mount a decent deffense ?

that map was one of the best things they added to the game.

i guess for the blind monkeys who search bannanas (roamers, hihi) that map can be annoying as it can show them on the map as a cup/tree/hammer, but for people like me who just stare at the map till i see something odd and then move to it to investigate, it would be absolute crap.

i have compared my style of playing with the playing fire departments.

we wait and rush to the call.

Nate

FH is my second home
it would really mess up the game with the port keeps tbh, probably make a lot of people log too...it would be ok for the ones that you can't port to though i guess

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hrmm what's to stop peeps soloing keeps with ml9 pets and stuff then?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...

A really interresting idea, but I have to agree with the last couple of posters, as the servers are looking today it would kill the last reminent of rvr.

Its important to either be able to see where the action is, or create action without to much work (read: travel time)

But what Ive been pondering latly is, if it wouldnt be good to take the old frontiers feature of having an equalized port keep for each realm in each realm. That would make sneak attacks alot easier (even with the flame feature), sieges more appealing, and action in general alot more frequent on a low population server. And at the same time maybe half the effect of relics, make the relic keeps real keeps with stronger guards than standard and remove the prekeep take requirements.

Anyway, thats what I would like to see happen!:)

/Charmangle

cmr

Banned
back in OF and at the start of NF you could get away with farming noobs at keeps and thats why it was fun the stuff you could get away with and obviously fun for the noobs because they could rely on the safty of being in a zerg

now everyman and his dog is a fotm class mostly with moc3 lifetap and ml9 pets its just the same as fighting at bridges so people will farm the noobs there rather than keep take, keep takes are just for setting up irvr now

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe if you could only see the flames if you were within a certain radius from the action, about the size of a zone or so.
The owners of a keep/tower would still get a message when it's under siege and can tell their alliance about it. Then others can shout it out in /broad at Bled or where ever and they can tell their alliances, etc.
It would give people some time before they get zerged down by everyone who's out in RvR looking for people to zerg.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia's idea was nice, make it sort of rangebased, that way it'll be much more fun I think. But It'll never happen anyway but always nice to see what people think. I do understand those who see it as a useful tool but to me I think it's way to easy to spot where the action is and it ruins a lot of fun for many ppl.

Another thing I'd like to see is a re-vamp of the excisting frontiers, make it smaller and remove the outer towers. Then if you capture a enemykeep or two you should only be able to port to the keep closest to your own realm, like Bledmeer, Crauchon or Benowych or the 2 closest coastal keeps.

Such dreams but why stop dreaming? Maybe some of the staff at Mythic/GOA see this and thinks' Hey, that's actually a great idea ;)

My guess is, we'll never know.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Not like you need a map to figure out that people are camped outside Beno, DC and Bled anyways.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Not that smart in a frontier where you have instant teleport. In OF you often got spotted by atleast 1 enemy when trying to sneak in and take a keep. These days you could just take a boat to the sides and be safe all the way to captured keep.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Realm map has its uses, and cures some problems that occured without it, like actualy finding a fight or siege to join. But we have also lost something along the way, realm and alliance communication is much less necessary which has broken down how guilds and alliances interact.

I kinda miss the word of mouth style communication that was necessary before. Running through meg mell shouting 'power relic under attack, get to DC!', having to actualy organise and move armies around rather than everyone insta porting to the big alb cup on DC.

On a different but related note, am I the only one who misses the corpse - summoner? Ive got so many fond memories of carpets of dead people at the back of a keep, and riding out against the middies knowing that a death wasnt gonna be a /release and 15 min boat ride/walk back to the battle if you got caught out of position.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
ahhh.. the good old corpse summoner, that was prolly the best thing implemented so far, in RvR imo. Would be cool to have such a thing once more.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Phule_Gubben said:
ahhh.. the good old corpse summoner, that was prolly the best thing implemented so far, in RvR imo. Would be cool to have such a thing once more.

Had almost forgotten that one :) Aye, it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom