What do you sit on ?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Dullest thread in the world award, but here goes:

What do you sit on?

I had a pretty comfy office chair, which cost a medium about on money (£60-70) a little over a year ago, but the valve on the gas cylinder appears to have gone, so now whenever I sit on it, I sink to the bottom - which is about half a foot below where I should be versus my desk. I feel like mini-me.

Now I'm sitting on an exercise bench at my desk, as I didn't want to have to fork out more money - and I'm starting to get cramping pains in my neck every time I use my computer.

So it's about time I suppose to get a new one.. What do people use ? Seems a stupid question, but then I realise its one of the items I own I probably use more than any other, and I know a lot of people here do a lot of sitting, so maybe you know about it.

I was contemplating getting an ergonomic something or other as I'm sure my posture is shit, and I spend a lot of time at the desk - but it looks like a decent one costs a fair amount of bones and the cheaper versions don't seem to get such good write ups.

Ty :)

*pin drops*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sit on a settee, with a wireless keyboard on my knee, a wired mouse on a fairly solid mouse mat next to me with a 42" telly in front of me about 5-6' away :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some cheap shit from Argos or somewhere that I bought a while back. It's mechanically bulletproof but the fake leather is fucked. Buying a new chair from Amazon, can't find the link at work but the reviews are good. £65 or something. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of pounds on an office chair but then I have a good back.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
6ft1 I don't really get any body complaints, used to have a dodgy knee but grew out of it!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the extra inch and a half I have on you then.

And my chocolate ligaments ;)

Poag

m00?
My office chair is awesome. I had a £800 multi point tilt, swivle, multi part back with a headrest chair.

Hated it.

Got a £200 data input chair...love it. No head rest, inflatable bit in the small of my back. Arse seat is nice and soft and the back is actually back shaped rather than a slightly curving surface.
After i got mine they've become significantly popular amongst the teams nearby. To the point that the £800 chairs are going spare to other departments and meeting rooms. Some people dislike the lack of a headrest, but i find them annoying on an office chair....

http://www.the-office-chair-store.c..._back_task_office_chair/p1112092_5262609.aspx

in black. Wish i had one for home. Got some £30 argos thing :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't use the back of my chair, I kind of slouch. I know I probably shouldn't but meh.

At home I usually have the chair sideways and lean sideways on the back.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a chair, at home that is, basic non arm-rest swivel office chair. Probably worth 10 cents, but those are the ones that last :p

opticle

Part of the furniture
Sit on a settee, with a wireless keyboard on my knee, a wired mouse on a fairly solid mouse mat next to me with a 42" telly in front of me about 5-6' away :)

What kind of sound system do you use with that beast ? :flame:

opticle

Part of the furniture
Thanks to this very dull video (
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSzf62XSLI&feature=fvwrel
) - essentially stuffing kitchen roll under the mechanism, and a bit of screw driver work, the chair is now at optimum height ignoring the gas valve :)

Huzzah.

Now let's just use this thread to show off our set ups - basically I want to see a picture of Scouse's TV :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Herman Miller Mirra

mirra-014-704629.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Cheapo office chair. Not very comfy. Gonna order one of them Rome Executives I think.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Wtf is that ?

AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY UNNECESSARY SPACES ON HIS BOOK SHELF? THE BOOKS WOULD FALL OVER!!111

Nate

FH is my second home
  • Get a plank of wood, maybe two/three if swivel
  • Cut wood with Saw to required chair level
  • Hammer and nail plank of wood to chair(be careful nail doesn't go through to arse puncturing position)
  • Sit on chair
Done.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
A cheapo office chair from IKEA if I use my workstation. I want to get one of those active sit things but meh to the effort tbh. Currently I'm sitting on a wooden bench in my living room.

TdC

I'm also getting a new fixed/free one speed bike soon. to also put in my living room (and ride, maybe)

TdC

actually I designed my dinner table and the chairs and bench that goes with it myself and had a wood crafter make them. so, your comment is true if by church you mean the church of the teedlemind :D

TdC

is the guy on the left one of those people who randomly step in to pictures? does not belong!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
actually I designed my dinner table and the chairs and bench that goes with it myself and had a wood crafter make them. so, your comment is true if by church you mean the church of the teedlemind :D

images

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bet he paid a fortune for that denim jacket too, the cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom