BM
HERO
HERO/CHAMP
BARD
DRUID
DRUID
WARDEN
CHANTER/BAINSHEE

Have to say that this setup worked really well!

staj

Banned
dont know, I like running 2 bards and 3 casters. but its abit to easy...

Its become "fotm" to run 3 casters. Cause if you play defensive enough til enemies run out of banelords and interrupts you pretty much win..

Its the same with mid, rm, sm, sm, groups..

and same with sorc, 2x caba groups.

thus light tanks roles have turned into complete interrupt bots and on an occasion damage dealers. (insert random bd whine which does this job atlaest five times as good).

My favorite setup is playing around 2 casters with Enchanter as main dps, debuff both for tanks (at times) and for the second caster (Menta/Eldritch) or just a easymode bainshee. But I prefere eld ofc along with Champion & Blademaster. Then again you can switch between bard and a Hero/3rd caster/warden for last spot

Bard
Druid
Druid
Enchanter
Eld
BM
Champion
Bard(1)/Hero(2)/Warden(4)/Caster(3)

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Tears said:
Just curious to know what group formats are considered good now for RvR and why ?

Are you starting on Hib again?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
AD currently run:

Bard
Druid
Druid
Eld
BM
BM
BM
Champ

and tbh, its a fun build and totally nonFoTM :) We do oke considering our low ranks and it will just get better and better with time.

I was thinking.. what are hibs actually good at, I dont believe our casters are in same league as the mid/alb counterparts, they just dont match up at all both utilitywise and damagewise. Eld is the only really solid caster in hibb and he nuke for shit on Mids at least. Chanter is an ok caster, menta is abit subpar and bain is also an ok caster, looking at SMs or Sorc/Cabycombos they kinda fade abit though, SMs specLT is nuts, so is their set of debuffs comboed with the personalBGpet with stun. Albs can effectively run 4 mages and all nuke on same damagetype for max DPS with a debuff, and ofc, its all lifetaps.

Another reason behind the setup is, I dislike FoTMsetups, I find it more challenging to take a build everyone think wont work and make it work :) Maybe its alil crazy but, if crazy means fun, well, hell yea, Im crazy.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
AD currently run:

Bard
Druid
Druid
Eld
BM
BM
BM
Champ

and tbh, its a fun build and totally nonFoTM :) We do oke considering our low ranks and it will just get better and better with time.

I was thinking.. what are hibs actually good at, I dont believe our casters are in same league as the mid/alb counterparts, they just dont match up at all both utilitywise and damagewise. Eld is the only really solid caster in hibb and he nuke for shit on Mids at least. Chanter is an ok caster, menta is abit subpar and bain is also an ok caster, looking at SMs or Sorc/Cabycombos they kinda fade abit though, SMs specLT is nuts, so is their set of debuffs comboed with the personalBGpet with stun. Albs can effectively run 4 mages and all nuke on same damagetype for max DPS with a debuff, and ofc, its all lifetaps.

Another reason behind the setup is, I dislike FoTMsetups, I find it more challenging to take a build everyone think wont work and make it work :) Maybe its alil crazy but, if crazy means fun, well, hell yea, Im crazy.
Bain is FAR from a subpar caster, it is if not the best then atleast very close to it. the UI taunt is just awesome, add to that a low power cost high dmg nuke magic abla cones and u have 1 heck of a caster:)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Setup we're aiming for is

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Eld
Bainshee
Hero
BM

Sound solid enough for low RRs?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Valgyr said:
Bain is FAR from a subpar caster, it is if not the best then atleast very close to it. the UI taunt is just awesome, add to that a low power cost high dmg nuke magic abla cones and u have 1 heck of a caster:)

mate, I didnt write Bain is a subpar caster, you made that up, I said it was an ok caster, which it in my book, is.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Eld
Bainshee
Hero
BM

Aye sound enough m8. U may want to swap out the hero or bm for a second caster assist. I would recomend an ml9 lite spec chanter. Also its well worth trying the dem spec vamp with heavy aom :) It rly rox for keeping support/casters locked down while ur casters nuke down :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Eld
Bainshee
Hero
BM

I think you will struggle abit, perhaps even quite alot at low ranks with that setup, since DPS will be hard to get out in the start with no det, charge etc. But, hang in there and it will work out once group starts hitting rank5-6 or so.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, hero is one of the most annoying classes I meet in fg rvr, they are so stupidly hard to nuke down now. I'm sure a dem spec vamp would be even worse, but haven't met that yet. Oh, and I find valewalkers a lethal pain in the ass (hi frozensolid). What I don't get is, why have a light chanter when you can have a light menta? Menta gets ae which is good for clearing theurg pets and bd pets, and gets a freebie demez from having a pet, and can also demez the group. What does chanter bring, haste debuff?

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
we going to run with:

bard
drood
drood
light eld
chanter
bain
warden
champ

Users who are viewing this thread