What do you run with for RvR ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Just curious to know what group formats are considered good now for RvR and why ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
So tempted to delete stupid posts like that - guess its because its friday :)

/poke

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
When i run my group we try to have two druids, bard and warden as base.
We are not running a set fixed group and have a pool of friends that come along so normally the rest of group is BM, champ, ench, eld or bainshee.
But then we are playing to have fun rather then own everything out there and people are playing characters they like rather then thoose that are optimised.

Normally get wiped by the more experianced groups but think we do well given that most are low realm rank and new to the frontier.

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
bard
druid
druid
BM
hero
bainshee
bainshee
eldritch

Thats what i think works best atm.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
This is what i'd prefer:

bard
druid
druid
bain (über for interrupting and damage)
eld (Lots of CC)
BM (Charge - Works as MA)
Champ (Debuffs, ST and good damage)
Hero/Warden (BG and if hero also damage)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
bard
druid
druid
bm
bm
shield champ or hero
light eld
warden/hero/bard

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
We're running

Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden
Light Eld
Bm
Bm
Champ

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Bard
Bard
Druid
Druid
BM
Eld
Bainshee
Chanter

Running with 1 bard just isnt enough anymore imo

Soazak

Part of the furniture
2 bards is overrated imo..

other than speed 6, there's not much the second bard brings to the group 1 good bard can't do alone. The extra interupter is nice...but a main bard can cover that tbh.

my group was running
bard, druid, druid, eld, menty, bainshee, bm, bm

that worked pretty well till one of the BMs quit and we tried to sub it with a vamp or hero.

now we've switched to
eld, bainshee, bm, bm, hero...works much better for 8v8

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
2 bards is overrated lol ok :)
Lockdown is so easy when you run with two. Have you ever tried running with bards who got AM3 - druids will love you :)
Most good mid group use a BD..and if u only got 2 casters he will lock them down 24/7.
Vs albs who got 2 sorc, caba and theurg.The bard will have it very hard interupting them tbh.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Well 1 bard has weakness where he cant interrupt full time, has to demezz and maybe rebuff bases midfight, plus if he gets stunned and dmg focused on him, hes dead.

If you have 2 bards, you have 2xdemezz, 2xzephyr plus one bard runs end, other 16% body/energy/spirit chant, not only is it easy to back each other up interrupting in case one has to pull back, or gets stunned.

Basiacally its close to impossible to get close to a hibgrp with 2 bards if you try to move in with casters without moc. Its hard for enemy support to help out tanks, since they get interrupted if they move close :)

I like 2 bard alot more than not 2 bard, since you can actually compete with mid interrupts(omg!).

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Joor said:
2 bards is overrated lol ok :)
Lockdown is so easy when you run with two. Have you ever tried running with bards who got AM3 - druids will love you :)
Most good mid group use a BD..and if u only got 2 casters he will lock them down 24/7.
Vs albs who got 2 sorc, caba and theurg.The bard will have it very hard interupting them tbh.

I have AM 3, and yes its nice, having it twice in a fight is gr8...but i wouldnt use a group slot for 1 extra AM tbh.

and with moc its not so hard to lockdown in 8v8. the only problem coming when other people moc...which 2 bards isnt going to make any better ;P

I guess it's just personal preference, but personally when i've ran a second bard i never see anything happening i couldn't do alone...Interupts are never a problem really, we always run either a floating vamp or a bainshee in last spot for our tank grp which i find works far better...not only can they lock 1 target down, but they kill it aswell...something i've yet to see a second bard bring ;)

Also our eld is mana, which helps

Edit: dallas, if a bard runs his resist chants it cancels any CL resist or druid resist buff you have up, and if that bard dies or you go out of range you have no resist at all..

XzyPheR

Fledgling Freddie
Bard
druid
druid
eld
chanter
bm
warden
hero/bm

is basic but normally i dont bother much about setup as long as you have atleast 1 bard and 2 druids + 1 tank

can have 2 bards etc. etc.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Was thinking about...

Druid - Perf - 42/33
Druid - Conv - 40/36
Bard - Soj
Warden - BM
Chanter - Conv
Eld - Conv
Ment - Warlord 45/28
BM - Banelord

Haveing a Ment and Warden instead of Hero/Bain and second bard.

Still have a second demezzer but also get Warguard TWF and ST with out gimping Damage out put (chanter debuffing for Ment and Eld) or suviabliity.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"Bard vw vw vw vw vw drood drood"

Heh. Back in the day everhate killed nolby with a setup a bit like that :p

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Anything with 2 druid , bard and at least 1 BM then at least 2 casters can be made to work at the moment

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Why BM other than for banelord btw? presumably unless you have more than 1 tank its better to have a LW toon? I.e. champ maybe? I know no stoicism, but better for 9sec stun and interrupts?

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
2x druid
1 bard
1 warden or second bard
and atleast one long range nuker/NS and one BL tank rest changeable

we even ran with a shroomer...ohh thats was fun

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Carlos Bananos said:
I have AM 3, and yes its nice, having it twice in a fight is gr8...but i wouldnt use a group slot for 1 extra AM tbh.

and with moc its not so hard to lockdown in 8v8. the only problem coming when other people moc...which 2 bards isnt going to make any better ;P

I guess it's just personal preference, but personally when i've ran a second bard i never see anything happening i couldn't do alone...Interupts are never a problem really, we always run either a floating vamp or a bainshee in last spot for our tank grp which i find works far better...not only can they lock 1 target down, but they kill it aswell...something i've yet to see a second bard bring ;)

sounds like rvr is really easy for you... gj :)

what happens for us sometimes is, that the bard gets stunned while in moc and possibly killed too or he has to purge+phaseshift cus druids might be facing problems with pets/heretic/bd whatever at that time :)

its not only for am3 we have two bards. ofc its good, but nothing special. 2x sos is also sweet. and ofc you got moc for 30 secs, but when fighting high rr grp's ist hardly enough to win the fight. believing its interrupts that wins the fights and ofc its better with 2 bards when you face other grp's interrupt machines. if you you lack damage with 1bm/eld/chanter/bainshee setup, there is really smth wrong with ppl in your grp imo :)
eld is nuking for about 650-750 after debuff and with chanter assisting targets can die pretty fast, while a bainshee can solo targest and kill pets + interrupt if needed etc... with 2 bards in the grp, they should hopefully be able to stay uninterrupted and do their damage (this is the part where moc becomes an issue etcetcetc)

there will always be diffrent views and opinions and thank god, otherwise it would be a pretty boring game tbh... this is just what works best for us

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Why BM other than for banelord btw? presumably unless you have more than 1 tank its better to have a LW toon? I.e. champ maybe? I know no stoicism, but better for 9sec stun and interrupts?

BM is used for Charge + banelord...

ruw

Fledgling Freddie
druid
druid
bard
bard/ward (depends abit on setup ur'e fighting)
chanter
eld
bain/menta/chanter
vamp (think this should be dementia specced, gives the enemy casters a harder time taking you down)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
athom said:
sounds like rvr is really easy for you... gj :)

what happens for us sometimes is, that the bard gets stunned while in moc and possibly killed too or he has to purge+phaseshift cus druids might be facing problems with pets/heretic/bd whatever at that time :)

its not only for am3 we have two bards. ofc its good, but nothing special. 2x sos is also sweet. and ofc you got moc for 30 secs, but when fighting high rr grp's ist hardly enough to win the fight. believing its interrupts that wins the fights and ofc its better with 2 bards when you face other grp's interrupt machines. if you you lack damage with 1bm/eld/chanter/bainshee setup, there is really smth wrong with ppl in your grp imo :)
eld is nuking for about 650-750 after debuff and with chanter assisting targets can die pretty fast, while a bainshee can solo targest and kill pets + interrupt if needed etc... with 2 bards in the grp, they should hopefully be able to stay uninterrupted and do their damage (this is the part where moc becomes an issue etcetcetc)

there will always be diffrent views and opinions and thank god, otherwise it would be a pretty boring game tbh... this is just what works best for us

yea i see what you mean, we use a totally different playstyle it seems tho.

our eld is mana, since it's a support caster its not there for DPS, thats the bainshee's job, so the eld manages to keep the enemy train diseased + snared, which pretty much leaves our support free...when they do happen to catch someone (charge etc) shear+disease+red s/c debuff makes them pretty much nonfactors.

we have a BM+hero on train which puts out enough dps and a second rr11 bm which floats on and off the train... the eld plays a support roll so we have 4 dps classes which are putting out dmg to 3 different targest at the same time, or they will go tank to tank, and 2x bm and battlemaster hero beats any train handsdown (alb celerity trains are pretty hard now)... interupts are the last problem i face as a bard...

The main problem are the high rr11+ alb caster grp's on our server. Red debuffed and nuked by 6 different casters is more than any druid can heal through :)

Edit: looking at Rew's post i'd agree an rather run a warden over a second bard, warden has to have pro skills tho to bring anything to group...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden
Chanter Light
Chanter Mana
Eld Light
Vamp Dementia with aom5 :p

That's been one of the best setups we tried and I loved it

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Gibs said:
bard
druid
druid
BM
hero
bainshee
bainshee
eldritch

Thats what i think works best atm.

agreed. we had such good fun that night was incredible

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden
Chanter Light
Chanter Mana
Eld Light
Vamp Dementia with aom5 :p

That's been one of the best setups we tried and I loved it

This is quite possibly the best setup u can use imo... worked a treat every time :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Carlos Bananos said:
our eld is mana, since it's a support caster its not there for DPS, thats the bainshee's job
Would say DPS on mana eldie nukes actually better than light spec ones with current resist situation...yell energy resist buffs vs red cold in most grps, skimped tempate energy resists or none at all. Only have to do the maths, but in practice find my eld does better damage as mana spec. With freebie snare component it's a no brainer.

Trend of skimping heat resists now...if I was spec light I'd try a few runs using baseline nuke instead and see how it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom