What do you drink?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
huhuhuhuhuhuh you love le coq huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Anyway, Beavis and Butthead jokes aside, my preferred tipple is lager. Foster's, Bud (American, none of that Czech nonsense), Tennent's (Only £15 a pint), and Nastro Azzuro are all good, Carling and Carlsberg are all bad. Also quite partial to the odd Vodka and Red Bull (especially if Blavod is on offer) or JD and coke, and I'll generally be happy if I have a pint of Guiness extra cold in front of me.

I'm not a huge fan of alchopops, altho Red Square is a good substitute if funds wont stretch to a night on VRB's.

I hate straight spirits and bitter. It just tastes like flat lager to me :/ And "Real Ale" tastes like flat lager that's been sitting out for 3 weeks. The closest I will ever come to drinking ale are the times when I am that drunk drinking Newcastle Brown Ale sounds like a REALLY good idea. Having said that I wouldn't mind a bottle right now. Shame about that exam I have tomorrow morning :/

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Reverend Flatus said:

I hope you're a member. :)

Favourite Ale changes fairly regularly, though London Pride and Spotted Chicken (Speckled Hen) are general constants. HSB (Local brew from Horndean, Hampshire), also known as 'High Speed Bitter' for its rather well paced effects is another favourite.

Spirits, I tend to go with Jameson, almost without question. The most beautiful whiskey in the world, imo.

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
anyway back to topic.

hoergaarden for me.or warsteiner or weipenstaphener.
the latter is a bavarian lager from the worlds oldest brewery.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I picked up some Austrian Zipfer over the weekend, lovely strong flavour.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Summo said:

IPA = Itchy Pig's Anus :)

I used to love those Ales/Bitters, my favourite was a Light Ale and John Smith's, but then I discovered the smooth Tetley and it was a short step onto Caffrey's, Guinness, etc.

For some reason, when at home I drink those silly little bottles of cheap beer, they never fail to give me a buzz when I'm relaxing at BF1942.

I haven't drunk spirits for years, apart from the occasional Irish Coffee.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I drink Koninck and Grolsch. In the summertime nothing beats a cold liter of WeisenStephaner or Oberdorpher. I'm quite partial to a good red wine, and I'm not picky where it comes from tbh. I've been working my way through a case of ozzy wines that are quite yum (forget the name though heh). I like a drambuie with a double espresso after a red-meat dinner, or the same coffee with a (red) GrandMarinier. My fave softdrink is coke, but I';m migrating to icetea of late.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Brains S.A. anyone?

Always thought S.A. stood for skull attack :(

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Beer (if I have a choice): Guiness, Real-ale (Summer Lightning being my favourite), Leffe, Bitter.
Beer (if I don't) Anything that isn't lager or dry cider.
Wine: Only reds and preferably Rioja, Merlot or Malbec.
Spirits: Whiskey (Jamesons, Powers, Black Bush), Whisky (Laphroag, Famous Grouse). Amaretto, Blue Bols, Vodka. With lemoade/Lime.
Cocktails: Anything fruity.

Drinking whiskey makes me do funny (in a bad way) things. :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Lager - Millers
Spirits -Southern Comfort

Preference - REAL Ale (e.g. Directors)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
heresy, Southern Comfort is fantastic. If you can get hold of the 100 proof stuff it's godlike. Especially neat over a piece of ice.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It tastes like laundry detergent, or some sort of industrial packing material.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Apart from drinking whatever is left in Angelina Jolie's wastebin I drink Staropramen, Jack Daniels, Stolichnaya, Jagermeister, Absinthe and Newcastle Brown.

If its a Tuesday I will drink them together.

Belgian and Czech beers on the whole are good, Jap beers are "interesting", American beer is total fucking pigwank and for little girls.

My one fave beer is Roger and Out which is only served in 1/3 of a pint glasses and was for a time the strongest beer in the world. Its made locally.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Summo said:
IPA, London Pride, Pedigree, Abbot or similar mild bitter.

On a hot summers day you can't beat a pint of chilled Red Stripe, though. :)

Tried that london pride last time i was in london (funny that aye) and it tasted like piss, not keen on it :-/

Favorite ales are black sheep and speckled hen
Lager, stella aint so bad, but depends on my mood, would rather have a becks, or, if i ever manage to find a place that sells it other than ASK pizza - bierre moretti is wuvvly.
Wine, any red
Liquor, quite like baileys cos im a big girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom