What do we think about archery?

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
I'v been reading the VN boards (they are good for a laugh :p)
and theres a lot of mass arguments going on about archery Vs mages and how archers think that archery is gimp, casters who dont know what BT is think crit shot is over powered etc..

Anyway just wondering what everyone here thinks, personally my ranger is doing pretty well on pvp, although that is mainly due to the fact that i out RR most of the people i fight, and the saving grace is that rangers get pretty decent melee with a good template and decent melee ra's

but forgetting melee for a second (as i want bow more), how do you think we (archers) fair against our enemies? i think bow could use some imrovement, not damage, i think our damage is ok (little on the low side but nothing to destroy us) i think the problem we are having is that for most classes our bow shots are completely blocked by shield or BT or brittle, or whatever else,

i have always been confused as to why assasins PA can break BT and brittles etc.. but our Critical shot doesnt.. they are basically the same style only with different weapons.. and to top it off a PA is followed normally by a stun.. so that really helps.

anyway im about to write a 10 page post if a carry on, lol gimme your thoughts people.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
oh yes well spotted ill move over to that thread cheers dude

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
what a wierd place to put a general discussion about archery.. lol
please leave this thread as a link to that strangely placed one.. cheers

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
lol...was havin this arguement about archers vs casters with a rl mate..he was like "rapid fire...sure shot"....but from what i can make out even that dont save ya these days.....granted my ranger is shit an such..but a bt...a brittle...that fuckes u from the start..ya know?....u get through that...caster turn on ya...MoC (aka try an stop me u ****) an they so fast...an do huge dammge....dont seem right....imo casters need a lil nerf of some kind...either slow em down a bit or make em do a lil less dammage
EDIT: or make archers faster....

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:
what a wierd place to put a general discussion about archery.. lol
please leave this thread as a link to that strangely placed one.. cheers

Yes how extemely weird to put a discussion about how Archers perform in RvR in the *gasp* RVR section.

Blasphemy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom