What do people think of referees?

V

vuz

It has been brought to my attention that maybe refs in every premiership game is not something which is necessary-
wot do u think?

O

old.Rumbler

Well I like them at all matches. Saves arguments etc.

Certainly with the prem you'd expect them?

O

old.Round[DONut]

hmmm

Refs are in my opponion not needed. They will probaly only spoil the game. I've read the rules, and they are very good about cheating clans etc. and a demo or logfil will always show if there is something wrong.

True! Sometimes a ref could be needed but normaly there is no need for at ref.

Maybe it should be optional to have a ref or not. Clans can agree on it as they also agree on the other terms of the fight.

O

old.Alexia

hi there

I don't think ref is needed... although I agree with Round it could be an option.

Or, an alternative solution could be to broadcast every war on irc and keep the log for 48 H as it would be the max time allowed to claim.

Anywawy the rules are very clear... and maybe we could see if it is needed during the season :)

O

old.Round[DONut]

And there is also the practical problem! Where do all the ref. come from and are they impartiel and can they be impartiel.

I hope impartiel is spelled correctly :)

O

old.Rumbler

Refs are always impartial unless they play for one of the 2 clans, it would be a bad state of affairs if we think anything other!

This is always the problem with matches being played anytime, getting a ref there is near impossible, the only cure being pre-arranged matches.

What I find so odd, is that TFC is the only game that has a preference for ladders and clans making their own matches. Every other game I've ever played has pre-arranged match leagues with refs at all matches. e.g. Q2, UT etc. Why is this?

O

old.[VIT]Augustus

I think referees are not needed. One reason for why referees are not popular in TFC is probably the network code :p

One extra person to add lag.. great!
It could improve in the patch but I think the clans just want fair fights. Demos should be sufficient should an argument arise.

------------------
Augustus
VIT

V

vuz

ok, clean up time, i can see rumbler has set views- hehehe
ok, i reckon refs are a good idea (this is my view) but i also agree that with these rules and logs they probably just aren't necessary. Also - there will always be a referee free should one be requested- we'll make sure of that!

V

vuz

if u think u need a ref u can request one :-P

anywayz, this league will do wot the community wants, many top clans feel the rule is not appropiate, so atm it is likely to go..

O

old.Rumbler

What did yer expect Viruz. Can't be part of TGSLUK and not advocate use of refs at all matches :)

ATO will abide your rules, be sure it won't be us that causes any trouble.

When do yer start? Gotta give our 2nd team a run out soon :)

O

old.[GF5]TrAkZ

I think ref's are a useful addition at the start of a match when most disagreements occur... once your off into the game then they can leave..

If we'd of had this with our Recent cup match in a certain other league..we wouldn't have to beat FwF again for our semi's place..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom