what do i get...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wij

Never really liked Wipeout. Dull compared to Super Mario Kart :)

O

old.Munkie

Good article in this month's Edge about the prospects of the threesome.

Summary:
  • Sony PS2 established and likely to be unassailable sales wise.
  • X-Box is GOD
  • Gamecube in Europe is gonna bomb cos Nintendo don't give a shit about us.

There ya go. Edge have their proverbial noses up the X-Box's rear port again.

B

bodhi

Didn't they have their noses up the 3DO's rear port aswell?

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by Bodhi
Didn't they have their noses up the 3DO's rear port aswell?
look how that dominated the console world!!!!!!!1

God Edge is such a shit magazine.

E

Embattle

TBH Nintendo hasn't ever given two shits about Europe, esp the UK.

W

Wij

XBox has the power, will it get the backing ? That's the real question. If it does then good games will come and whether it's made by M$ or not doesn't make a shite of difference. Maybe I'm biased cos I don't wanna see Sony dominate everything. Diversity is good. At the end of the day Nintendo, as has been pointed out, don't give enough of a crap about us Euros so I'd like to see a bit of backing to the XBox, even if it is M$.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Bodhi
Also known as self proclaimed hardcore gamers simply because they have owned a Mario game at one point in their life, and feel the need to proclaim Sony to be the devil at every possible opportunity, even tho it's Nintendo's fault Sony are where they are today in the console business. Strangely they seem to think the rest of the world gives a fuck what they think. Which on the whole, they don't.

Lol

Well I been at this gaming lark longer than half the ppl posting here have been alive :p

That hardcore enough for ya?

;)

(And I've played tonnes of mario games. Super Mario World was the best one so far btw)

:D

PSX players = lifestyle gamers = puffs.

;) :D

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Wij
XBox has the power, will it get the backing ?

i thought it already had, didnt it buy half the company;s out there already?

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Sar

Lol

Well I been at this gaming lark longer than half the ppl posting here have been alive :p

That hardcore enough for ya?

and at what age do you claim to have started at?

C

Custy

BTW, what type of connectors do you get with the PS2 to hook it up to the TV? I havn't got a clue about SCART leads or whatever.

Does it need a SCART lead to connect to my TV?
WTF is a SCART lead?
I know you can by an Ultimate SCART with gold connectors etc... do i need this?
Or does something come in the box already?

Don't want to get it home and find i can't get it working.

O

old.Jestra

You get an Av cable ( they plug in at the front of your tv (yellow, white and red holes)).

You also get a Av-scart convertor..which lets you use the scart socket too.

How old is your tv? Unless its like 10+ years old i doubt you'll have any problems connecting your PS2 to it.

If you have a tv that supports it though, get an S-video cable (again check the front/back of your tv/tv manual). It makes quite a big difference in picture quality :)

O

old.-T0p*G>N-

Originally posted by Sar

PSX players = lifestyle gamers = puffs.

You really are thick.

C

Custy

My TV is pretty goddamn old, could do with a new one so if it doesn't go with it i will get myself one.

Is a scart a wire with a plug kinda thing on the end. On that there is a metal ring with a metal pin in the middle. Back of TV has a metal ring with a much smaller metal ring inside which the metal pin fits into off the lead.

or

A wire which comes out into a long plug with 20 thin metal pins in (2 rows of 10)?

Those are the only 2 wires which go into the back of my tv and both connect to the VCR.

C

Custy

Right ok got it, asked the friendly peeps on IRC

Can i connect a PS2 upto my TV with just the scart lead then?

N

Nibbler

Oh, A scart connection in the pack of the tv looks like zis:

Code:
\                                       |
 \______________________________________|

With lots of lil' grooves inbetween.

S

Sar

Originally posted by the-frizz

and at what age do you claim to have started at?

Age 4-5

21-22 years ago. Long enough for ya?

:)

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Sar

Age 4-5

21-22 years ago. Long enough for ya?

:)

about the same as me then, except, i am not as old as yow:p

O

old.-T0p*G>N-

If you can't spot that the ps2 has some really good software then you're going senile grandad.

If you reckon the psx had no great titles then you are awarded the title of 'Official Forum Idiot'.

O

old.-T0p*G>N-

Originally posted by Embattle
You lot know nothing about consoles :p

Some of you have a real inferiority complex. This means you make pointless retarded statements about how old you are or whatever. No wonder people think consoles are for kids. They come in here and read some of your posts and think: hmmm either written by an 11 year old or someone mentally handicapped.

E

Embattle

-T0p*GAY- just fuck off you sad sack of sussex shit, if you can't handle a joke you better not bother posting :rolleyes:

S

Sar

This from the guy who's standard response to most things is:

You really are thick.

:p

I never said PSx/PS2 had no good games. You're just making this up as you go along now aren't you?

;)

BTW: Edge by tradition has its proverbial nose up the rear port of every latest console, they've done it since they started publishing the mag 9 years ago. Why break the habit of a lifetime?

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom