What Classes are most needed on Hibernia?

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
My brother and I are thinking of rolling some Hib alts and I wanted to know which classes are in most demand for RvR. I know that on Albion we have a shortage of Clerics/Banelords at the moment and a ridiculous number of support casters - is the same true on Hib?

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
I dont play hib but i think bard would be a good choice :p

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Bard / Banelord Tanks / Druids

DRUIDS U MUST BE FUCKING JOKEING ME ! there are a milion druids , fuck dont make a drood , make bard / shield tank (warlord) / banelord tanks... that's all but bards are like MAX 10 per day soooo u should make a bard..

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
A well played bard > all, but they are few and far between.

A badly played bard, will get your grp killed fast and start making excuses like 'got to log, fish needs taking for a walk' faster than anyone else ;)

Bards arent everyones cup of tea, gotta put up with a whole lotta shouting (END FFS, BUFF ME NOW! OOS! REZ!), and generaly have your whits about you at all times.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
So a Bard seems to be the general response - and what class should my brother roll to compliment my Bard?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
So a Bard seems to be the general response - and what class should my brother roll to compliment my Bard?

enchantments chanter, then he rolls a bard and you an enchantments chanter... so hibs get 2 more bards :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:

Bard provides excellent support for most tanks, youve got buffs and healing + endurance song so any tank or hybrid tank is okay.

Bard + Animist has some options, lay shrooms and confuse mobs. Animist are v strong farmers so it might be good to level one first to help farm stuff and powerlevel alts.

There are loads more good combos, anything with high damage.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
actually bard isn't thAT needed, don't play bard.

(even though it is, I like just comming online now and get group invite imidiatly xD)

dont roll bard! rly!:p

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
If ur gonna roll a bard u have to know what the hell ur doing

I have a level 50 bard ml10 cl blah blah blah the hole sha-bang, im still not used to him.. granted im good with him but i always forget the end or pow song of speed, so dont be kickin urself if u forget ones of twice, its normal

Another thing about bards u have to understand is that they ONLY have base buffs.. its annoying.. but believe me ther are reasons, apart from that "if we had spec buffs... wtf is a druid for?" and there healing ability is minimal compared to a druid

Mez / Insta-mez / Confusion / DD / Amni / ... anything i missed? this is the Basic list of the bards offenive spells (believe me.. amni is handy in rvr cus A) its insta cast B) interurpts casters )

i believe a chanter wood be nice.. or an animist if u tend on farming alot (for cash scrolls or whatever) but if ur going RvR.. i know this might sound stupid but another support class.. the Warden.. or atleast BM with a bb standing by

Sadly there is no class that can compliment a bard's... needs, as it doesnt need anything it cant already provide for itself.. health.. has 3 ways of health end.. two ways of end.. pow.. lol 2 ways of gathering power..its a self sifishent(SP?) class.. only thing it really laks.. is offence, a bard cant hold a sword to save his life... figuratively, metaphoricly and literally.. same with hammers.. but get a warden there.. and not only do u have 2 other ways of completely stoping an enemy.. u also have extra heals AND Pulseing Blade Turn OR a damage add for melee :), also the warden also has his own haste buff spell and his own base buffs.. so atleast if the bard dies in rvr the warden doesnt need to worry with buffs hehe and ofc vice versa.. ALSO the warden can rez.. lovely fact, bard dies.. Warden stuns the enemy, rez's bard.. back to combat lol

My two Sence
Veg Out

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
lol who said druid... fuck ye too many druids make a bard.. or bard or .. bard io think the rest there is quiet alot of BL around ;)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I'm thinking of coming back to DAOC don't know if my char Erekrose is still on the server so thinking of rolling a new one anyway.

Question is this. Is there any toon that could possibly compliment Hest's ego?

Nah thought not!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
don't roll hib for alts stick with mains imo fed up of temporary hibs with temp guilds releasing keeps when albs are taking it.imo only roll hib if you delete other alts from alb

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Tor_nada2004 said:
DRUIDS U MUST BE FUCKING JOKEING ME ! there are a milion druids , fuck dont make a drood , make bard / shield tank (warlord) / banelord tanks... that's all but bards are like MAX 10 per day soooo u should make a bard..

thats odd, when i logg on and ask for rvr my guild allways makes me drag out my BB in lack of a better druid :p

Furnus

Fledgling Freddie
Prob gonna get some flame for suggesting this... but could role a vamp to duo with the bard while xp'ing, thats without a doubt one of the best options. Trouble though I guess is rvr if ppl are still agenst the vamp thing? ( i dunno :S) but vamps can get banelord aswell as far as I remember so kinda the best of both worlds there. Vamp + Bard xpwise ís an unstoppable duo.

-Furnus

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
we need more rag casters, definatly more rog casters

Tosi

Fledgling Freddie
Good bards are needed, and same goes with decent druids. at least when it comes to making pugs :)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea of a vamp - but can they get banelord? and will any group take them over a BM?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
BlackrazoR said:
I like the idea of a vamp - but can they get banelord? and will any group take them over a BM?
Ye they can get Banelord but BM> Vamp in grp
Cause vamps dont get Det. For example,get rooted ur fkd unless u have Purge up.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like we'll roll Bard/BM then with a druid BB - that about right?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
What vegeta said;

bard aint easy to play, hence perhaps why so few play it.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
BlackrazoR said:
Sounds like we'll roll Bard/BM then with a druid BB - that about right?
Nurture bard with mana chanter is nice for lvling up, so that's an alternative if your brother would rather play a caster.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
AngelHeal said:
What vegeta said;

bard aint easy to play, hence perhaps why so few play it.

so few people play bards as when they step one "perceived" foot wrong then "your" the entire reason the group died...no, not the fact they ran out of range or that you were kiting an assist train you were supposed to be healing me ffs !

if you can put up with pople stressing and pointing the finger at you all the time bard is a very good class to play, if people swearing and shouting at you is not your idea of fun roll sommat else.

PS: Bard and champ is a pretty decent combo, with valour for spec str/con and end regen.

bard chanter with some pet spec and MR song and tiny heals will xp v fast, or vamp bard will be uber quick.

I had a 50 toa'd bard ml5 odd rr3 sommat and deleted it because of other peoples attitudes. (hey i can take critisism and pointers are welcome but ...oh nm its all ancient history).

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
blackrazor.. guildies levelling alts atm, give pm on hib and see whats what eh :)

bard is defo a good choice tho. also hero with support cant be overlooked.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
so few people play bards as when they step one "perceived" foot wrong then "your" the entire reason the group died
Hence why i prefer barding with friends that can accept me doing something silly now and again.
Play the game for fun not to be harrassed. <grin> and the agro some people give is the reason so many support types retire quickly.
Barding is stressful at times as you are responsable for so many things in the group: speed, CC, cure mezz, end song, interupts ect and given you normally lead a group it normally means you get target first.
However from my point of view im a bad back seat driver so leading the group seemed the best plan, i wouldnt say im a good bard but im getting compatant now and enjoying it and as far as im concerned thats the important thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom