what class?

lane

Fledgling Freddie
what class is best to roll on Midgard these days for good RvR
been thinking about some chars but they all look fun so
could anyone help me a bit with what to roll ?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what you want m8. It depends on your play style really, solo, groupie, stealther, caster, tank or whatever. Give us an idea of what you want from a toon we might be able to point you better in the right direction.

lane

Fledgling Freddie
i was thinking of Shaman / runemaster first , got a tank already so want to try something else .
And i dont really like stealthers so :)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Zerker... indeed.... Its a nice solo chr and very good and needed in RvR grps.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
balkeriz said:
Zerker... indeed.... Its a nice solo chr and very good and needed in RvR grps.

Roll a shammy and u always get a group, its the 1 thing ive seen that is needed the last days a good active shammy.

And yes zerker is nice, but u need to find albs/hibs first to kill em :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
lane said:
i was thinking of Shaman / runemaster first , got a tank already so want to try something else .
And i dont really like stealthers so :)

Some people may disagree with what I am about to say so I will try and phrase this carefully. :D

The runemaster is currently not considered as useful in 8v8 combat as say either the bonedancer or a spiritmaster. Alot of people find the warlock an easier class to play solo than a runemaster.

Having said that the runemaster is excellent in plenty of RvR situations. I have a runemaster specced 47 RC, 26 supp. He is ideal in keep/tower defence/attack situations as he has blue nearsight, GTAOE, bolts, 10 sec pbt and his nukes aren't bad. Alot of people who prefer playing in open RvR spec dark, for the 219 delve spec DD. Yet others spec as a darkcarver with 48 RC, 22 darkness and 11 suppression so they have a 50% cold debuff for others to nuke with. A few people are also speccing full supp, this is useful in dragon raids but some people insist that the bolt+snare is extremely useful although it does have higher resist rates.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
The runemaster is currently not considered as useful in 8v8 combat

i disagree, i find a supression runie very usefull in 8v8 combat.

1. pbt.
2. snare nukes.
3. nearsight.

that's just my opinnion tho

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
Some people may disagree with what I am about to say so I will try and phrase this carefully. :D

The runemaster is currently not considered as useful in 8v8 combat as say either the bonedancer or a spiritmaster. Alot of people find the warlock an easier class to play solo than a runemaster.

Having said that the runemaster is excellent in plenty of RvR situations. I have a runemaster specced 47 RC, 26 supp. He is ideal in keep/tower defence/attack situations as he has blue nearsight, GTAOE, bolts, 10 sec pbt and his nukes aren't bad. Alot of people who prefer playing in open RvR spec dark, for the 219 delve spec DD. Yet others spec as a darkcarver with 48 RC, 22 darkness and 11 suppression so they have a 50% cold debuff for others to nuke with. A few people are also speccing full supp, this is useful in dragon raids but some people insist that the bolt+snare is extremely useful although it does have higher resist rates.
First of all the dps when speccing RC main and SUPP second is so incredibly low compared to other. If you spec RC and Darkness second you can debuff nuke which is one of the best forms of nuking in the game. Only downsides it has imo is that if debuff get's resisted(happened quite a bit those times I've played debuff nuker) and you queue spells your spells will do quite low damage first 1 - 2 nukes(0 - 1 if you got spell queue off which is quite recommended for a debuff nuker imo). Second is that it drain power. However debuffing darkness for a darkness sm would mean insane dps from both casters and can drop any target in seconds.

In my opinion rm's are one of the best classes mids can have in a caster group due to reasons said above, but as a solo caster in a group they offer less than sm's/bd's and will not be as wanted.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Roll a caster ( except WL) would probably be best choice, since we are turning back to dark age of castalot again.

lane said:
what class is best to roll on Midgard these days for good RvR
been thinking about some chars but they all look fun so
could anyone help me a bit with what to roll ?

Sm or Bd is a good choice i guess if you don't have a set rvr grp... nice and easy enough to solo with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom