What browser do you use?

haggered

Loyal Freddie
Afternoon all,

Just started using chrome. Seems pretty good, maybe slightly better than firefox. The extensions seem OK too. Got radio, spell check, ad blocker and site blocker. I tried opera but it crashed about three times in quick succession.

What do other people think of chrome compared to the competition?

Adam

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's faster to load than firefox, I do miss some of the extensions from firefox. I hate chrome's autocomplete for forms, it's awful compared to FF's and IE's.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Firefox...it's just better (imo)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Gave Chrome a quick go when it first came out but ditched it quickly due to lack of essential plugins at the time.
AdBlock is an absolute requirement for me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Chrome is faster to load but Firefox is (still) better once it's loaded imo.

Will

/bin/su
I use Iceweasel (Firefox's Debian alter-ego) because Chrome doesn't theme well in my window manager and looks all blue and out of place. I do like the combined search and address bar in Chrome, since it increases the available screen real estate in a 16:9 laptop screen.

Is there a FF plugin which does thes? :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have keywords set up so I just type g (for google natch) in the address bar and then the search or "w" for wikipedia etc. It's about as hassle-free as I can make it and no need for extra toolbars or search boxes up there. If you right click on any search input on any site you can "add a keyword for this search" or something similar and go from there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Chromium (not Chrome) almost exclusively whether I'm on Ubuntu, Peppermint or XP at work although I do use IE9 a bit on Win7.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
FF is the primaryone for me tho chromium and opera get a lookin as well

on my ip004 its atomic browser

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Firefox. Lastpass is a proper add-on for it and fucking rocks. Swiftfox on my Linux netbook because it's shit hot fast.

Willy: Just wait for firefox 4 tbh. From what I've see it just lays out the firefox UI that way as 3 looks like 4 when I run the beta on the same machine.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I use Chrome, it's nice and speedy compared to Firefox, it also has much less UI space wastage - although that's changing with Firefox 4.

Not found myself missing any extensions, Chrome has all the ones I care about (which is basically just adblock). I agree about the form auto completion though, Chrome's a bit lacking at the moment.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Chrome and IE8 at work (IE is just less of a pain in the arse with sharepoint)

FF, IE9 and Opera at home, Dolphin and Opera Mini on my Tab.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Firefox, mostly because it's a pain in the ass to transfer over most of my settings and addons to something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom