What are your thoughts on the Brand / Ross incident ?

Brand / Ross

• They should be congratulated. They're funny as hell !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, I fucking hate Russel Brand so he can just do one for all I care, but Jonathan Ross can sometimes be funny. At the end of the day, I understand Sachs would be pissed off, and suspension is the only fair thing really. Caused 18k complaints.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i don't really care but it sounded pretty mean what they did, after reading the info in the link though it's nice to see that they did the decient thing and apologised. I think they are both funny and being humans they screw up...which they did and are facing the consequesces properly not getting all winey and self ritious about it, so be it. however, it won't effect my life in any way at all.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The painfully ubiquitous Ross is a multi-millionaire many times over. He earns £6,000,000 a year. Russell Brand currently pulls in £400,000 a year. These guys are not struggling for cash.They were just mucking about. Being cheeky chappies. They have to issue apologies from a PR perspective. For the PM to get involved is fucking absurd. A complete mountain of a mole hill. I don't mind Russell Brand. Can't stand Ross.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Mountain out of a molehill. The media love to jump on the BBC though when something like this happens. It was really silly of them, but it shouldn't have been such a big deal. I think Pikeh is right saying that a suspension was the right punishment - the BBC would be silly to let Ross go. Brand quitting, i doubt anyone really cares.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
blown waaaay out of proportion

She is a band called satanic sluts ffs so is not exactly shy of publicity

Possibly nsfw
Georgina Baillie
article-1081414-0243A449000005DC-483_233x423.jpg

article-1081414-0246DFD2000005DC-103_468x869.jpg

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Jonathan Ross can fuck off, keep Russel Brand he's awesome.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Wouldn't mind not seeing Russel Brand on TV.

Ever.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
She is a band called satanic sluts ffs so is not exactly shy of publicity[/spoiler]

Plus Brand has admitted sleeping with her in the past. They had a sex thing for a while.

Someone was reading the daily mail on the train today. That newspaper blows everything out of proportion. They made them out to be major criminals. The world would be a calmer place without that newspaper I think.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Wouldn't mind not seeing Russel Brand on TV.

Ever.

I thought all the girls thought him to be the best looking, dreamiest, yummiest, most handsomest man on the planet.

....or maybe thats what he thinks of himself

He looks a right scruff-bag

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
It was just a fucking joke, people in this country really need to learn how to take one. Apparently after it happened there where only about 30 complains to the BBC, then the press got a hold of it, blew it totally out of proportion, and only after that did they get thousands of complains. It's just mass hype by the media again. >_<

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well if I was the dude who got the phonecalls I'd be pretty pissed off.

Marc

FH is my second home
That greasy haired smack head, is quite possibly the most unfunniest person I have had the misfortune of seeing on TV. How he got a gig as a comedian on TV is beyond me. Jonathon Ross aint much better either. Rather than picking on an OAP and trying to be funny, what not crack jokes about his crumbling marriage or his wife's depression.

Marc

FH is my second home
It was just a fucking joke, people in this country really need to learn how to take one. Apparently after it happened there where only about 30 complains to the BBC, then the press got a hold of it, blew it totally out of proportion, and only after that did they get thousands of complains. It's just mass hype by the media again. >_<

Or maybe, just maybe, not everyone listens to the smack heads radio show, which is why there weren't many complaints to begin with. Lets face it, to listen to that wanker in the first place you must be brain dead and probably wouldnt know how to make a complaint anyway until the daily wail instructs you how to use a telephone.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Brands head is so far up his own arse I honestly don't think he means the apology he gave.. I think he used it as a means to get out of a contract with the BBC tbh.

J ross on the other hand! he can be funny sometimes.. but he gets carried away very quickly.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Or maybe, just maybe, not everyone listens to the smack heads radio show, which is why there weren't many complaints to begin with. Lets face it, to listen to that wanker in the first place you must be brain dead and probably wouldnt know how to make a complaint anyway until the daily wail instructs you how to use a telephone.

Hah!
Rep-O-Matic!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Its strange that she was 'apparently' bragging about shagging brand, but then slags him off

Also its funny how there are more and more complaints coming in all the time, talk about people jumping on the band wagon. Sachs himself has said he wishes to take it no further, and Gordon Brown getting involved is just his way of saying 'Ooh, look at me, i'm in touch with whats going on'.......... Fuck off

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why does anyone give a shit thats what i want to know.

if i picked a random oap out the telephone book and phoned him to say i fucked his family, it wouldnt be on the news.

i dont know why this is on the news.
i dont know why people are complaining when it doesnt affect them.

its comes back to i dont understand the whole famous thing and why people give a shit about people who are on the tv. when theyre contributing something worthwhile to the country ill start sucking their cocks.

untill then they are nothing but the same as everyone else.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
if i picked a random oap out the telephone book and phoned him to say i fucked his family, it wouldnt be on the news.

If you had broadcasted that phonecall to what? hundreds of thousands of people, I guess he would be right to complain about it and get upset?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
If you had broadcasted that phonecall to what? hundreds of thousands of people, I guess he would be right to complain about it and get upset?

maybe HE would, but what about all these other ***** who have nothing to do with it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because just walking by is part of the problem with this fucking country.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
She went to the Sun of all newspapers, and she DID sleep with Brand. She should be shot for going to the Sun....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I reckon if Bahu went to the Sun and claimed you slept with Russell Brand you'd get what ? About 40p for the story ? Do it !

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If its done on tv, radio its supposed to be comedy? But if its in school what is it called then?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive read the transcripts.

He said he shagged her, big deal. Mr Sachs, knowing what he knew about his angelic daughter probably just wondered was that with or without S&M ?

I guarantee the sexy tart has just doubled, tripled her annual salary in 1 week.

the stupidity of the sheeple is shocking.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Don't think either should have been punished. Surely the way they went on was a bit close to the bone, but surely the blame should be put on whoever gave the go ahead for the show to be released.

On Brand and Ross though, I think Wossys awesome, and as much as I want to hate Brand, he's pretty funny :mad:

And tris-, people give a shit because these people are famous and it's been broadcast to a shit load of people. I supose in a way, celebrities are meant to set an example, and when stuff like this happens, shit goes down hard on them.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
why has this been blown so much out of proportion ? just saying "the media" isn't good enough.

papers like the daily mail were doing this kind of thing 10 years ago, so this kind of journalism isn't really a new phenomenon.the tabloid are not exactly known for their quite unassuming characters, are they ? trash journalism is really....umm....crap

is it because in the current depressed economic climate people want to latch on to new items that detract from the same old doom and gloom headlines ? is it a channel to vent grievances caused by other events ?

ok so they've made a few out of order comments. its not as if they've raped someone live on air is it ? and the grand-daughter's a slut anyway. and brand's slept with her. so he wasn't exactly telling fibs

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ross has been suspended for 3 months

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Ross suspended for three months

I bet the ink's not even dry on the contract forms being drafted over at ITV as we speak

They will offer him twice as much money, give him Parkinsons prime time Saturday night slot to do his chat show

The BBC fucked it up again

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved

400,000 listen to that show (quoted in the guarrdian today) and there were less than 100 complaints about it in the following 2 days (also guardian). If it was something totally fucking offensive you would probably expect atleast 25% of people to complain. Sachs agreed to the broadcast before it was aired, although he later claimed that he couldnt hear what was being said because of bad signal. Questionable. I think Sachs was quite happy to let it lie, but after the Mail got hold of it he could hardly be seen to be not giving a shit. I dont watch or listen to much of either Ross or Brand, but i find them both reasonbly funny. It has been totally blown out of proportion because the Mail have it in for the BBC, but then again i think that is a good thing in some ways because the BBC piss our licensing fees up the wall on a lot of crappy productions and huge salaries (e.g Ross). So if this whole incident puts more pressure on them to review their use of licensing fees, that can only be good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom