What are you running this on?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
3.2ghz Dual Core (AMD)
3072 Ram (PC6400)
2600XT (Was originally 8800 but it died, soon replacing with 9800GTX 740mhz Engine Clock, 2.28ghz Mem Clock, 60.7 gig/s xfer)
24" Acer TFT (1920x1200 Resolution, 5ms Response)
No raptor HD sadly, 7200RPM only :) Western Digital.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
core 2 duo 6600
8800 gt
4 gb ram
vista 32
audigy 2
22" 1650*1080 LCD

Latest beta clients improved performance by about 50%. Game now runs very smooth depending on action between 80 and 40 fps. All visuals on obscene settings, except no antialiasing.

I am very impressed by the performance. Funcom did a good job.

Great to hear! :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Out of interest anyone tried a lappy in BETA? I'm looking at buying a new one to play this & WAR on the road. Any recommendations welcome. My last Dell XPS was great but 2 years old now and doubt it will handle AoC.

- English -

Resident Freddy
everytime some1 buys a gaming laptop,

god kills a kitten
a fat man eats a mc ds
bill gates earns £100000

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
This is a really good thread i read on betaleaks site - Beta Leaks Forum

Guy tested a bunch of different spec rigs and a laptop in game.

If your looking for an upgrade and at a decent price then it might be worth going on here - eBay UK Shop - Dell: Dimension, Optiplex, Latitude

Bought a few systems from there and been great. The xps notebooks like you've had before are usually pretty decent systems. A few decent spec ones on there.

rynnor

Rockhound
Once I get the retail disks I'll load it onto my laptop n see how it runs...

Aada

Part of the furniture
any of you folks think i'll be able to run this on a nvidia 6200 256mb on the lowest of the low?

My memory/cpu is ok just the graphics card i have to put up with until our new pc arrives.

rynnor

Rockhound
any of you folks think i'll be able to run this on a nvidia 6200 256mb on the lowest of the low?

My memory/cpu is ok just the graphics card i have to put up with until our new pc arrives.

Difficult to say - I have only played with beta builds so far and those had debugging so not a great guide to retail performance - I would guess it should work though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Difficult to say - I have only played with beta builds so far and those had debugging so not a great guide to retail performance - I would guess it should work though.

Thanks, guess will have to wait till next friday to see if the card melts under the strain :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Don't quote me but the minimum requirements say:

Processor: 3GHz Pentium IV
RAM: 1GB RAM
Video Card: Shader Model 2.0 and 128MB RAM: NVIDIA GeForce 5800 or ATI 9800

In theory u should be able to run it yes :) just not entirely sure how well.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
This is a really good thread i read on betaleaks site - Beta Leaks Forum

Guy tested a bunch of different spec rigs and a laptop in game.

If your looking for an upgrade and at a decent price then it might be worth going on here - eBay UK Shop - Dell: Dimension, Optiplex, Latitude

Bought a few systems from there and been great. The xps notebooks like you've had before are usually pretty decent systems. A few decent spec ones on there.

Was looking at the Dell XPS M1730 or the Alienware Sli machine (can't remember product code) which is cheaper. Expensive machines but if you spend as much time in damn hotels as I do then it's nice to have.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
OK so today I just purchased a Tosh x200-23G with:

T9300 Core Duo
3Gb of RAM
two Sli'd 8600 GT Graphics cards
2 x 250 Gb Hitachi HDD

Shop sold it to me for 2000 Dhs less than the RRP here so felt is was a decent bargain. Only problem is it comes with Vista 32 bit Home Premium :(
Hoping I can put 64 bit Ultimate on it ASAP, just checking with the Tosh forums first. Should run AoC easy enough.

Aada

Part of the furniture
OK so today I just purchased a Tosh x200-23G with:

T9300 Core Duo
3Gb of RAM
two Sli'd 8600 GT Graphics cards
2 x 250 Gb Hitachi HDD

Shop sold it to me for 2000 Dhs less than the RRP here so felt is was a decent bargain. Only problem is it comes with Vista 32 bit Home Premium :(
Hoping I can put 64 bit Ultimate on it ASAP, just checking with the Tosh forums first. Should run AoC easy enough.

Fucking sweet mate let us know how it runs things :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom