Music What are you listening to right now?

mank!

Part of the furniture
PETE DOHERTY FUCK OFF

Braintax - Exit

i'm only here cos i'm trying to get out
i'm only certain that i'm living in doubt

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
mank said:
PETE DOHERTY FUCK OFF

Braintax - Exit

i'm only here cos i'm trying to get out
i'm only certain that i'm living in doubt

Peter Doherty is a genius. Listen to some of the babyshambles stuff and look past the media attention.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
Peter Doherty is a genius. Listen to some of the babyshambles stuff and look past the media attention.

No, no he isn't I loved the Libertines since the day they released 'What a Waster' pushing 2 1/2 years ago, the brixton gigs in march last year will be defining moments of my youth, i am sure. But He is NOT a genius, stand him next to the truly magnificent and what do you have? Your slightly above average, reasonbly sharp drugg addled kid and producer of some fine pop songs. Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, Kevin Shields, Kevin Rowland, Lou Reed, Paul Weller - he can't hold a candle to these people fuck he's not even second on the rung of talented greats. His lyrics, they're trite, contrived and cliched to a fault...the musicmanship is amateur at best(diabolical at worst) and as for the way he percieves the world? Nothing even remotely new there.

One great album and one classic single.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
DOA fag0t!!

Currently listening to Plump DJ's - Big Groovy Fucker from the Wipeout Fusion soundtrack. It's making me realise that I clearly need to get hold of more breaks. They are so good and I have so little.....

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
maxi said:
No, no he isn't I loved the Libertines since the day they released 'What a Waster' pushing 2 1/2 years ago, the brixton gigs in march last year will be defining moments of my youth, i am sure. But He is NOT a genius, stand him next to the truly magnificent and what do you have? Your slightly above average, reasonbly sharp drugg addled kid and producer of some fine pop songs. Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, Kevin Shields, Kevin Rowland, Lou Reed, Paul Weller - he can't hold a candle to these people fuck he's not even second on the rung of talented greats. His lyrics, they're trite, contrived and cliched to a fault...the musicmanship is amateur at best(diabolical at worst) and as for the way he percieves the world? Nothing even remotely new there.

One great album and one classic single.

Sat on stage watching hiim at the Joiners was one of the best moments of my life, sitting there in complete and utter awe... the man can write a song far better then some of the people you listening there (IMO ofc) such as Lou Reed... much overrated in my eyes. However, you put Kevin Rowland in your list of Geniuses, so i like you. Doherty, to coin a cliched term, is the 'voice of a generation' and that is why i rate him so highly.

Anyways, Beefchild - Tacka the Kid.

Bodhi

Swift^ said:
Don't blame me, it's not like I got the set off DOA's site :D

Nah you just got a handjob off the guy who runs it :D

P.S Is Teebee pissing anyone off at the moment? Haven't heard on of his new stuff like but in every interview I've seen with him recently (Knowledge, Mixmag, couple of web ones) he will not shut up about knowing Photek. I DnB is a bit of a joke for name-dropping but jesus Teebs, we get the fucking picture. You clearly want Photek's babies. I mean isnt this how Adam F and Fresh started out???

edit// I'm listening to Clipz - Slippery Slope. How cool am I?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
jeff buckley - mojo pin

ipod4tehwin\o/

mank!

Part of the furniture
pete doherty the voice of a generation? my arse. he's the voice of talentless drug addled wasters everywhere.

Meat Puppets - Plateau

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wouldn't know Bods, I don't read DnB print press at all, waste of time IMO.

It's probably because he's little known in this country and is starting to break through. Name dropping Photek is probably more of a guide for people that don't know him: that way they get a rough idea of his style and what to expect: the more intelligent stuff.

But fuck, he could just be saying "look at me!1111!!!111" too :D

Bodhi

Aye I suppose. Just gets a bit jarring after a while when he spends every interview rimming Photek that's all.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
Sat on stage watching hiim at the Joiners was one of the best moments of my life, sitting there in complete and utter awe... the man can write a song far better then some of the people you listening there (IMO ofc) such as Lou Reed... much overrated in my eyes. However, you put Kevin Rowland in your list of Geniuses, so i like you. Doherty, to coin a cliched term, is the 'voice of a generation' and that is why i rate him so highly.

Anyways, Beefchild - Tacka the Kid.

Everyones overrated by someone, some people are overrated more than others.
Doherty will never write a song like 'Heroin' or 'White Light/White Heat' or 'Stephanie Says' or 'Candy Says' or ' Rock n Roll' or 'Sweet Jane'. Lou may have put out some shit over the years, but he is in another league, lyrically. That motherfucker invented the cliches Pete's using! Peter has written perhaps 1 or 2 classic songs, and 3 or 4 greats songs. Lou reed wrote about 3 albums worth of absolute classic material. (Loaded is pretty rum in my opinion, but still has some amazing songs on it)

If he's the voice of a generation, it's a sorry state that we're in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom