Music What are you listening to right now?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why is that even a question?

I post loads of shit on here from when before I was born, and so do others, you're the only one who asks me, so strange.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why is that even a question?

I post loads of shit on here from when before I was born, and so do others, you're the only one who asks me, so strange.
Only once. And i remember it first time round. Wondered why you posted it. As it is such an old tune

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Don't know if anyone will like this, the quality is pretty terrible. It's a recording of this band playing support for the Scorpions at Hammersmith in 1982. Considered a legendary gig, and made into a live album. Thing is, I was at this concert, and only went cos me mate didn't have anyone to go with. We actually went to see the main act, but I was so taken aback by this band, I've been a fan every since.

They are / were all Blackfoot.

(hope the bloody link works!)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome. Scorpions following must have been tame as anything :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
awesome. Scorpions following must have been tame as anything :)

It was mate. I didn't expect much of them, which was good, because I didn't get much lol. On the other hand Blackfoot were amazing, the whole concert was at that speed, I didn't know any of their songs or anything but it was still totally great heh :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
My mate plays in a band that does that shouty metal, not my kind of thing but fair enough :)

TdC

It was mate. I didn't expect much of them, which was good, because I didn't get much lol. On the other hand Blackfoot were amazing, the whole concert was at that speed, I didn't know any of their songs or anything but it was still totally great heh :)

I love it when you get that though. So much energy. Only band I've ever seen that didn't seem to get winded during their set is a Belgian rock band named Triggerfinger. They're awesome live at festivals. They don't care if it's 11 in the morning or 11 in the evening and just play rocking sets with lots of jokes and energy. They're slightly older guys and still somehow manage to put the hammer down gig after gig. Might not be to your taste, but they are the only band who came close to giving me that feeling :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZqB6RVC8w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXaXcLHxbHc

(I was actually in the crowd at the bottom one. It's a festival in Germany called Haldern Pop)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I love it when you get that though. So much energy. Only band I've ever seen that didn't seem to get winded during their set is a Belgian rock band named Triggerfinger. They're awesome live at festivals. They don't care if it's 11 in the morning or 11 in the evening and just play rocking sets with lots of jokes and energy. They're slightly older guys and still somehow manage to put the hammer down gig after gig. Might not be to your taste, but they are the only band who came close to giving me that feeling :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZqB6RVC8w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXaXcLHxbHc

(I was actually in the crowd at the bottom one. It's a festival in Germany called Haldern Pop)

Sounds good to me

TdC

tbh I find it a bit cutsey-poo for my taste Gwadlar. I like SSPU when they're angsty and abrasive, which is -imo- rare enough. so...I like songs like The Pit and Dots & Dashes and Skin Graphs.

From what I have heard of the album, which is not much yet tbh, I like Nightlight but not Circadian Rythem. I think Ragamuffin is an awesome song if only they hadn't laid the voice track.

I guess I'm a bit odd like that :)

Gwadien

tbh I find it a bit cutsey-poo for my taste Gwadlar. I like SSPU when they're angsty and abrasive, which is -imo- rare enough. so...I like songs like The Pit and Dots & Dashes and Skin Graphs.

From what I have heard of the album, which is not much yet tbh, I like Nightlight but not Circadian Rythem. I think Ragamuffin is an awesome song if only they hadn't laid the voice track.

I guess I'm a bit odd like that :)

No, you're completely right, they had a nice mixture, quite Smashing Pumpkinsesque and they've moved away from it to being a great deal more gay.

They're sounding more like Passion Pit now..

TdC

yeah, I see what you're saying. I'd say that SSPU at their most harsh could be counted a mild 'Pumkpin-esque trip. the manic-depressiveness of Smashing Pumpkins, meds on or not, is kind of hard to to top. I'm a picky sort, me, and I had some issues when Billy Corgan went all off on a tangent with his oddness. I'd have loved them to churn out Siamese Dreams/Mellon Collies...forever, because that's basically how my late teens and early twenties felt like to me, and despite perpetual heartache it was awesome and I would give anything to do it all again.

Gwadien

I'd love to see pumpkins live. I'd be fascinated to see what they play etc.

In a similar vein, I saw Placebo a while back, whilst they were pretty good. Its a massive shame that they refuse to play most of their first albums - I'd imagine it was when they were on the most amount of drugs so they want to disassociate, but unfortunately this is when the good music was created, recently its pretty cheese.

Enter famous Bill Hicks quote.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'd love to see pumpkins live. I'd be fascinated to see what they play etc.

I saw them many, many years ago at Glastonbury. 1996 or 97 I think as I know a lot of the set was from Mellon Collie. They were bloody awesome. If I saw them now I know it would be completely different just because the line-up changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom