Music What are you listening to right now?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I really am not a fan of U2 either, from the top of my head, I can't think of any music that I like which has been influenced by U2 directly.

The reason why I picked out 'influence' is because people always say 'OH YOU CAN DISLIKE U2, THINK ABOUT ALL THE BANDS THEY INFLUENCED' erm, uhm

old.user4556

U2 were massively influenced by Eno and Lanois, I can't think of anyone that stands out as U2 inspired.

Gwadien

U2 were massively influenced by Eno and Lanois, I can't think of anyone that stands out as U2 inspired.
Aye, that's my point - you don't have a sort of 'duty' as a music fan, to respect them, unlike Led Zeppelin or the Beatles for instance.

To me, there were the radical group that were the first to get publicly huge quite quickly, and that's why they're so popular.

old.user4556

Totally agree - on the same note, was listening to Tame Impala last night. It's like listening to Beatles B sides.

Gwadien

Totally agree - on the same note, was listening to Tame Impala last night. It's like listening to Beatles B sides.
Haven't really picked up on The Beatles, my brother though @Shimynor produces dubstep music and such, has a saxo boy racer car and plays The Beatles from it, hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom