Music What are you listening to right now?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

Jack Whites Album Blunderbuss whilst sitting in the Emirates Lounge in Istanbul.

Hilarious how that now he's doing solo stuff the drumming has progressed past primary school level. I thought it was artistic choice when you sister was involved? Oh wait no, it's because she was the worst drummer ever. EVER.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hilarious how that now he's doing solo stuff the drumming has progressed past primary school level. I thought it was artistic choice when you sister was involved? Oh wait no, it's because she was the worst drummer ever. EVER.

LOL, have to agree, musically it has improved alot. Quite liked a few of the new tunes.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
New album by Garbage. Awesome.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Wow, I take it these guys were fans of The Jam, sound exactly like them. Although Paul Weller's was better.

Does it? I don't hear it at all, aside from the jangly guitar. If anything the vocals sound like motown by white people.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
New album by Garbage. Awesome.

I've always been a fan of their other albums but I've just heard the new one for the first time. I have no idea what to think yet. It's going to need a few more listens before I can decide because it very very different.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've always been a fan of their other albums but I've just heard the new one for the first time. I have no idea what to think yet. It's going to need a few more listens before I can decide because it very very different.
It's very strange mate. What really sold it to me was I saw them live earlier this month. The album is very soft and mellow and you could almost call it background music but when it's cranked up to ear bleeding levels it's freaky just how well it ties in with some of their earlier stuff.
Wait, what? New album. Meh, not been paying attention. I'll check it out.
http://buy.garbage.com/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Saw Dustin O'Halloran, Hauschka and Johann Johannsson on Friday night at Barbican - their EP is out today. Real treat to see them all. Some great music.

Hauschka played a track called Ping Pong - where he'd shove a load of ping pong balls inside the piano so that when he hit big notes they'd fly up out of the piano and back down again, landing on the strings and giving the sound a wonderful falling, soft textured sound. That was pretty different. Amusing watching him come back on stage in the interval and desperately try and pick them all out of the piano again before the next act is ruined :D

Johann Johannsson was very good but didn't say a word to the audience. Literally nothing. On the odd occasion he smiled he looked like a nice guy but the rest of the time he was o so serious. Fortunately Dustin and Hauschka were a bit more friendly and at least said hello :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Kanye ruined a perfectly good festival last year, no time for the man at all. What an odious twat he is. Makes some ok music though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom