What are the best 3 toons for PvE farming?

illu

Part of the furniture
I was thinking of all the different classes and all the different combos.
But - what is the BEST?!
Basically they need to be able to kill pretty much anything (within reason), maybe multiple mobs at a time, maybe high level mobs, maybe TG farming/PoC/DF/HoH/ML7/ML9.

Pac Healer+Supp SM+Fop Shammy - Not bad for multiple low level mobs
Warrior+Fop Cave Shammy+Supp SM - Not bad for multiple low level mobs
Summ SM+Fop Shammy+Aug Healer - Can kill most things?
Summ SM+Fop Shammy+Valk - With Valk HOTs is this better?
Summ SM+Fop Shammy+Warrior - Would the Warrior Guard/Intercept the pet or the SM? (I am clueless :>)
Fop Pac Healer+2xSupp SM - Not bad for multiple lower level mobs, no dex/qui though.

Can you suggest better combos? What do you think is the best one out of all that?

Oli - Illu

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

Id say:

Summsm + Aughealer + shield spec valk with HoT

You dont need the shaman if you have a fopaughealer as a summsm.
And the HoT will be great and give protect to aughealer for his small heals that is needed.

/Charmangle

Newbye

Fledgling Freddie
For me the best is :
Warrior (50shield)+Warlock (Aoe Spec)+ Fop BB
This can farm at all sides and tank have "2" healers xD

Newbye Warrior ML10 rr4

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Id say:

Summsm + Aughealer + shield spec valk with HoT

You dont need the shaman if you have a fopaughealer as a summsm.
And the HoT will be great and give protect to aughealer for his small heals that is needed.

/Charmangle

I'm aiming for this setup, only the MLs todo for the SM and healer.

Should be pretty awesome, as the valk won't be in combat and should regen at full speed in the FOP.

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
I have been doing great with a

Summ sm + Shammie + Plok

and it have been working great, only gonna be alittle faster with a aug healer, since it's the Focus shield who's doing all the dmg anyways :)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Summ SM+Fop Shammy+Warrior - Would the Warrior Guard/Intercept the pet or the SM? (I am clueless :>)

The Warrior only intercepts and guards the SM, not the pet.

I'd most likely go for the Summ SM, Mend Valk, Aug Healer combo. If played right I'd imagine they could take on quite a few mobs with proper training :) Ofc that would require a 4th BB standing somewhere, but not played as such.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Ill come with a heavy farm setup:) valk + summ sm + auger and bb.....
That is the best combo u can get on mid, and if ur able to only heal on valk wich u will on several high lvl mobs u wont loose agro in any way. Or risk mobs go for u if they root pet bla bla.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
The Warrior only intercepts and guards the SM, not the pet.

I'd most likely go for the Summ SM, Mend Valk, Aug Healer combo. If played right I'd imagine they could take on quite a few mobs with proper training :) Ofc that would require a 4th BB standing somewhere, but not played as such.

Sm has self str/con and dex/quick for pet, so u don't need a bb really but ofc shammy rr5 is nice to have and buff for the other 2.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Done it a few times with Denarius on his Warlock, me with my Blockbot Warrior body pulling, and shammy for fop/buffs.

Warrior body pull in Co5 dungeon, run back to warlock who pb bombs the lot, heal up, rinse and repeat.

very fast way to make cash, what with the jewel drops from the mobs.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
I found warrior, sup sm, and shammy worked perfectly well in moderna, so oj/red mobs. Warrior taunting, sheild swiping the inc, and not many hits got thru to the sm so very few interupts. On the odd stubborn pulls popping ml9 saved the day.

It would depend on what con/type of mobs you were going to farm though. That setup would suck for casting mobs, or high con.

illu

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the great replies.

I think I will try for the 2 different types of farming.
The warlock, warrior, fopShammybot is a nice multiple enemy, not too high level farming combo which I like the look of and
Summ SM, fopShammybot, warrior or healer (what would be better warrior or healer?) sounds good for high level mobs.

I might try and make a valk simply as a tool to help farming, if I can find the time.

What is the best class, and spec and what RAs are the best for a blocking warrior machine bot?

Oli - Illu

Tomwyr

Fledgling Freddie
i'd say warrior & fopshammie, & then depends :
a) get rich fast & pl team : supp sm
b) farm high lvl items : summ sm

(though i got no experience with b)....)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
kobbie warrior for blocking....

i've got troll warrior and its fun coz he hits like a mack truck, but for blocking, kobbie > all

but then again, 3100 hp, 420 str (so far), and some ra points in mob = nice fat troll :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Summ SM, Healer, Shaman... Allways works. :) (Active is nicer)

illu

Part of the furniture
Takhasis said:
kobbie warrior for blocking....

i've got troll warrior and its fun coz he hits like a mack truck, but for blocking, kobbie > all

but then again, 3100 hp, 420 str (so far), and some ra points in mob = nice fat troll :)

And what spec and RAs for the best warrior blocker?

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
yeh, sorry thought u would work it out...

mob = MoB = mastery of blocking....

illu

Part of the furniture
What is more important, MoB or MoP?

And I was more interested in the cookie cutter spec for a shield tank warrior blocking bot :> Giv spec please! :>

Oli - Illu

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
If you want a blockbot, then i'd take a valkyrie before a warrior any day. They both block just as good with the same amout of points in shield/mob, but the valkyrie also have heals/hot (when 1.84 goes live)...

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
What is more important, MoB or MoP?

And I was more interested in the cookie cutter spec for a shield tank warrior blocking bot :> Giv spec please! :>

Oli - Illu

Warrior block bot? not much to think about there

50 weapon 50 shield and 28 or 31(*) parry

(*) if you autotrain all weapon skills you get 3 extra parry

But, as have been said before, Valk makes much more sense, as you would have as good blocking and lots of other goodies.

[WR]Mothman

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
If you want a blockbot, then i'd take a valkyrie before a warrior any day. They both block just as good with the same amout of points in shield/mob, but the valkyrie also have heals/hot (when 1.84 goes live)...

What is HOT in valkyrie? Thz

illu

Part of the furniture
[WR]Mothman said:
What is HOT in valkyrie? Thz
HOT are the heal over time spells.

So Valk and Warrior have basically everything the same like the shield swipe stuff and guard/intercept and both block as well as each other?

Sounds like I ought to invest in a valk. I did kind of have my heart set on a kobbie warrior though :p

Oli - Illu

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

So Valk and Warrior have basically everything the same like the shield swipe stuff and guard/intercept and both block as well as each other?

Sounds like I ought to invest in a valk. I did kind of have my heart set on a kobbie warrior though :p

Oli - Illu

Valks don't get shield swipe, the other stuff they give you more than makes up for it however.
The warrior is also going to do pretty much nothing when grouped up with a summon SM whereas the valk will be able to provide hots so you get more util there already.

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Oli - Illu

Instead of swipe valk gets other uniques in the shield line - a style that roots and a style (chain?) that procs a pretty large ablative (200?)

As the valk uniques doesn't take as much end as shield styles normally do, tis even quite viable to ignore other weapons as the shield in a valks hands is quite a formidable weapon :>

Also the HoT is improved by buff bonus, not heal bonus, so for a farm bot 25 buff bonus makes alot of sense, that is in my template anyway.

HoT is very nice in that it doesnt give the valk any agro, that way it will be possible to establish pet agro before having to start serious healing.

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Oli - Illu

Instead of swipe valk gets other uniques in the shield line - a style that roots and a style (chain?) that procs a pretty large ablative (200?)

As the valk uniques doesn't take as much end as shield styles normally do, tis even quite viable to ignore other weapons as the shield in a valks hands is quite a formidable weapon :>

Also the HoT is improved by buff bonus, not heal bonus, so for a farm bot 25 buff bonus makes alot of sense, that is in my template anyway.

HoT is very nice in that it doesnt give the valk any agro, that way it will be possible to establish pet agro before having to start serious healing.

specwise 50 sword 42 shield 35 healing 24 odin looks very good, as you will have very strong mele 1.84-> (anytime style 34 have a strong energy proc and from behind style 50 an even stronger one). 35 healing will include the strongest HoTs and some nice pbaoe heals etc - 24 odins will be great for interrupts. With such a spec you should be able to do most things very strongly, like

- powerlevel with your strong 34 style
- rvr with 34 + 50 and good healing and great interrupts
- pve with best hots

illu

Part of the furniture
More great info :> I hope I can make a kobbie valk, but I think it'll only let me make an ugly one (frostalf? or that other one) :( But then again I have a feeling I might be able to make a female norse valk (yum yum) so all is not lost :>

Oli - Illu

PS You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Varg_exc again. :/

feril

Fledgling Freddie
Aug healer with fop and a sum sm is enough.. sm spec buffs is enough for farming.. the sm dont need any specs in my opinion

:p

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
feril said:
Aug healer with fop and a sum sm is enough.. sm spec buffs is enough for farming.. the sm dont need any specs in my opinion

:p

Ye that is quite enough for most things, but still if you happen to have 3 accounts a valk gives lots of extra power.

An other interesting replacement for the valk would be a skald, in TG you could SOS in with the healers BoF up and use healer RR5 to recover at safe spots. Go all the way to Counsils in 2 runs, this way, without having to clear any mobs. (first run rest away at safe spot towards Issorden) - haven't tried this approach myself, I know of people on other servers that have.

Consider USA where you have upto 5 servers clustered, you could do some serious farmage pretty quickly - but could be nice on our mini-cluster too ;>

illu

Part of the furniture
Hmmmm a skald could be an interesting option yes........
I might have to look into this too.

What I think I will try and do is get a taster for TG, see how the mobs work, get a feel for safe areas to rest etc and then once I used to what I have to do and I get bored of the journey to Hurika (sp?), I may try this skald option or grab a skald from the guild to suicide run me into where I need to go.

I take it once a mob is killed in TG it takes 8 hours to pop back again? So ideally I would need 3 different toons to the ones that I use when RvRing.

Interesting stuff.

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom