what are peoples thoughts on clustering?

Do you like the new clustered excal/pryd servers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Well i for one voted no to clustering, as i thought it would be a tower-and-bridge-camping fest - and far too laggy to play, BUT i have been pleasantly supprised by how much fun and busy the frontiers now are.

I do think that it is more laggy, and you can deffo tell when you have got incoming peeps by the lag.

And the people from pryd (at least in alb) are to be nice to play with.

so yes overall i am pleased with clustering :clap:

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
Thought there'd be loads of keep action like on US, not seen much though. Although I've not played much due to lame ISP

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Love it, been some fantastic fights.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
The Non RvR part i have to agree is much better now, a lot more people coming through the capital cities these days and an extra housing zone to shop in <Albiet with hiked up prices>.

The RvR side, well tbh i not noticed a big diff in thid, seems the same as allways . ie : Too many albs hehehe , but yeah the Frontiers can get a bit too laggy at times. My framerate stutters a lot at first until its warmed up and thats with toa grphx on the enemies o_O

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I hate clustering because I can't get 1v1 fights.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ame said:
I hate clustering because I can't get 1v1 fights.

had a few running around hib yesterday with my cabbie (lost all of them but was fun) and had a couple when xping in spots in alb frontier.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
getting quite a few 1v1's tonight, ofc you still get the obligatory stealther adds...more RPs

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
getting quite a few 1v1's tonight, ofc you still get the obligatory stealther adds...more RPs

then you met that sorc with ml9 pet and op rr5 RA on that bridge.. right?

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
LAAAAG
and ZEEEERG
getting pissed off because of being sandwiched by 2 fg of mids.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty obvious that a majority of people actually like clustering. hopefully these pointless polls about it made by bitter people will stop.

Probably not though.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:
Pretty obvious that a majority of people actually like clustering. hopefully these pointless polls about it made by bitter people will stop.

Probably not though.

HUH?? nowt bitter here - have you actually read what i posted - obviously not.

Hopefully pointless posts by bitter people like u will stop :twak:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
HUH?? nowt bitter here - have you actually read what i posted - obviously not.

Hopefully pointless posts by bitter people like u will stop :twak:

Did I name you? No. Next time get your facts right.

FH is full of people whinging about clustering, thing is it's a minority of people and usually the same ones repeating the same old drivel. If they don't like it then I fail to see why they keep playing.

Everz

FH is my second home
Cluster has killed off the fun i had in this game. I cant solo without getting zerged by gimps no more. There's hardly any random grps, the annoyance of when i wanna swap over to mid i have to wait an hour and have to keep to redo'ing my qbars.

This may be fun for a majority but its crap imho. It was finally starting to get good for solo just before cluster to.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Eversmallx said:
Cluster has killed off the fun i had in this game. I cant solo without getting zerged by gimps no more. There's hardly any random grps, the annoyance of when i wanna swap over to mid i have to wait an hour and have to keep to redo'ing my qbars.

This may be fun for a majority but its crap imho. It was finally starting to get good for solo just before cluster to.

must be a bastard to x realm eh?

Everz

FH is my second home
I dont want a di bot kalammer ... i'd end up killing your gimp grps then :m00:

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Eversmallx said:
and have to keep to redo'ing my qbars..
Why dont you just make a backup folder with the qbar files in it? Thats what I do on my laptop, so when I change to hib bb and alb bb, I simply copy the correct files into my daoc folder.

It doesn't have to be as hard as people think :p

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
So far its been ok Lagdar handy now for when there incoming ;)
but all in all other than seeing more a zerg about for all partys its ok.
just one thing to ask for all the one saying i cant get any more 1v1 fight and i'm getting zerged,
a tip might be handy stay away for the Island or if ya camping the bridge's then pick your target better,just rember at any point a zerg will come over and if you timed it wrong then only you to blame.

all in all so for undecided on clustering i say give it a month or two then we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom