What are fun duo's in BGs?

A

andyr00barb

I do a lot of my bg time fighting together with my mate. Had plenty of fun with following combos: -
2 scouts
2 infs
Friar/Minny
Scout/Minny
Skald/Zerker

Anyone got any favourite combinations for fighting in the bgs?

Especially interested in Hib combos as I've never really tried Hibernia.

S

sebula_strings

What do you think of a bard/chanter?

- bard casts AE mezz
- chanter walks in group of mezzed
- and nuke as much as you can, bard can do a mezz in the mean while.

Or druid/chanter...(don't know if they get AE mezz tho)

- druid casts AE mezz
- and nuke as much as you can, druid does a wonderfull AE DoT and starts healing you in case of ( but you will die to quick IF they have time to hit you)

Or ment/druid...

Just DoT the whole thing and let Ment stun it and you root it, most of the time peeps die of the DoTs already tho...

As for stealther teams its always fun to kill peeps with 2 guys... easy job...

I wouldn't recomment a stealther class cause you have already played those alot :)

Goodluck and i hope i will see you soon in Hib.

Kind regards...

A

andyr00barb

I've seen some chanters cause some real chaos in thid, especially in water nr MB. Could be nice grping one with a bard, as speed is everything in bgs as far as I can tell. If I didn't have speed or stealth I'd feel vulnerable.

I had an ice wizzy in bgs once and although PBAoE was fun I could next to nothing with him. Don't seem to have much skill with casters. He was never really in a good group/duo though, so that could have something to do with it.

How do people spec bards for bgs? Do they spec all in one line or a mixture of two/three?

R

Roalith

Bloody luri chanters in the water - the only way you can select them is if you're practically on top of them, or when they're nuking the arse off you - in either case, you're pretty much dead unless you're a stealther when you do so :p

S

sebula_strings

If you don't like the way casters work you can be the bard...

If you only want a bard to be good in the BG and can be great with your friends chanter you should go for:

Celt and put 10 points in empathy / charisma / (your choice)

I would spec
- 21 Music ( 3th AE mezz )
- 16 Regrowth ( Resurrect, but i don't know if you want to have good songs or good heals..)
- 11 Nurture (will have all the songs at #1)

or go pure healing or pure songs, but if you want to heal don't make a bard because they are made for their songs tbh....

And here you can see all the spells and decide what you want: http://daoc.catacombs.com

Hope this will help you a bit...

Kind regards.

S

sebula_strings

I forgot to mention...

Luri champs are a pain in the arse aswell...

In all of a sudden you get a DD on your ass from the water and a snare and then your toasted.. we Luri's won't get seen easily and with a 2h sword you will fall quiet fast...
not to mention our cute buffs and DEbuffs :p

A

andyr00barb

From looking at the classes I would like to try nurture specced warden coupled with hero/champion. You've got speed, bladeturns and an element of healing. How capbable a fighter is the warden? A champion would be quite good when chasing down peeps (they get a snare don't they?)

I really liked playing my friar, especially when cute little luri stealthers tried unloading on me ;)

I also enjoyed playing a skald on Excal, coupled with a zerker they made an excellent combination.

A warden sounds like a cross between a skald and a friar, he only seems to be missing an insta-mez

Anyone tried this combo?

Cheers...

S

sebula_strings

Wardens are good characters and pretty hard to beat but...
You will always have 1 specline that sucks

Life is hard aint it? ;)

Or you hit hard or you buffalot or you healalot.. if you choose one of the last 2 you better play a druid or a bard ;)

Cheers...

C

Cavex ElSaviour

how bout an infil/scout

both stealthed.

scout shoots big ass ugly troll tank. ugly troll comes running to scout and gets an xtra arrow. when hes at the scout, infil PA's poison and whatever infils do. ugly troll = ugly corps.

that is off course when the troll doesnt run away after the first arrow. (seen it to much).

C

Col|

Originally posted by sebula_strings
What do you think of a bard/chanter?

- bard casts AE mezz
- and nuke as much as you can, bard can do a mezz in the mean while.

Unless I'm mistaken about mezz, as soon as the Chanter unloads the first nuke, you will take damage and not be mezzed anymore, and then can bash the crap out of the Chanter. If the Chanter is spamming nukes, I'm not sure the Bards mezz would work on those being hit, hence being able to hit said Chanter and interrupting him, but feel free to correct me if this has worked, and I'll give them a wide berth. And isn't there a timer on how quickly you can be remezzed? Or is that in a future patch?

S

SilverHood

skald with a Critblade

Skald mezzes

CB's PA's

next

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom