What alb char should i test?

Funkybunny

Banned
im a tank.. i like tanks... what alb char is best as a tank, and how should i spec it? wanna try albs for a while. :) tired of mids now....

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Mercenary 50 Thrust 50 DW rest parry.
FOTM :p

or you could go with a Reaver but they dont have Det sadly.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Mercenary if you wanna be a group tank
Reaver if you wanna do alot of soloing.. and be good at it :) (imo)

for stats:
any race tbh, its all about what u like best.. Saracents hit abit harder for thrust mercs tho, but briton/highlander exels at crush/slash (Thrust is the most RvR friendly one, but its all about what you prefer tbh).
my favoured spec for them is:
50Weapon
50Dual Wield
28Parry

For reaver :
Briton is my favoured race here, Reavers dont raise con at levels, but has dex as secondary, so will get high enough dex.
for spec my favourite is:

50Flexibles
42Shield
36Soulrending
16parry

.. imo

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
half ogre pole/2handed spec armsman. (will have to wait 3/4 weeks though)

50 pole/2handed
39 base dmg (with +11 from sc/items you'll have 50 and will have minimum dmg variance acc to VNboards testing)
7 shield (for protect etc)
41 parry (with +11 from items you'll have a 25% chnce of parying each round, which can be nice if you dont face a dualwielder or assist train)
8 xbow, for remaining points.

*respec at rr5 so you can up your parry and lower your base dmg*
*this template does not include autotrainpoints*

I had great fun with my armsman, although armsmen can use a lot of love from mythic to be main tank again, it's still a solid class. You will not be as popular as paladins, but i never had any problems finding a group in both Pve and RvR.

I never played S=S, but i guess beeing a block bot with pretty good dmg can be fun aswell.

as for RA's, imho this ias the order you should get it when you 2handed/pole
det 5 rr3
AoM1 rr3.1
aug dex 2 rr3.5
MoPain 2 rr3.9
Soldiers barricade (only group friendly RA, rocks in combo with BoF, boof and misntrel thingie) rr4.9
Purge (you only really reall need it when you get slammed --> little pbaoe luri standing on your toes, all other situations is optional but not life saving) rr5.4
MoParry 2(if you go 2handed/pole) rr5.8
Trip rr6.8

Havent thought what will come after that. I guess Mastery of water will eventually become handy in ToA and frontiers. Aug str and con are never a waiste. And although AoM 2 gives less in return, it can still be handy.

But then again, mercs do outdmg armsman, and albion does have a shortage of fotm chars.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Wait a bit for TOA and go for Half Ogre merc. I am am gonna try one too. Big, bad and ugly :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ilienwyn said:
Wait a bit for TOA and go for Half Ogre merc. I am am gonna try one too. Big, bad and ugly :)

troll wannabies :)

Arladon

Fledgling Freddie
Alb, pffft!

Clearly, a Bluntcenery Briton. Best class in the game. :m00:

Arladon

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft! How rude! Half-Gores are morons. They should be eliminated!

Arladon

Fledgling Freddie
Albion clearly need brains.
After all children. It takes brain, to get head.(relics)
:kissit:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
go fotm imo, mincer or infil, alb deffo need much more of those :fluffle:

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Cavex ElSaviour said:
50 pole/2handed
39 base dmg (with +11 from sc/items you'll have 50 and will have minimum dmg variance acc to VNboards testing)
41 parry (with +11 from items you'll have a 25% chnce of parying each round, which can be nice if you dont face a dualwielder or assist train)

Why would you go for 41 Parry when you could just get 42 Shield and have a anytime 9sec stun and Very impressive Defence for both you AND the MA or another assist tank ?

You said your self that if the assist train is on u its not so useful, why would u need it then? An aussie Quote Comes to mind.

" Hi der s0lo 4mrs" :D

50 Polearm <2h wont be as good come the style review patch etc>
39 Thrust < your choice but this is a good 1> Tested dmg variance my self
42 Shield <9 sec anytime stun!!!! >
6 Parry < Stlong Parry :x>

With Higher RR you can lower your Base Damage and increase your parry for those that like the extra parry. So at RR10 you could have 30 Thrust :D .... if 1 was so inclinded.

As for RA's.

At least Det 4 Straight off.
Soldiers Barricade < Grp AF boosting RA>
Maybe Det 5 now or Purge

After that its pretty optionaly, PF is uba but not so useful with a 2h weapon, espically with polearm having an anytime snare ^^. Who say's you have to use it when 2h thou ;).

Save for IP, shouldnt need it with good clerics and tanks die last mostly anywayz. Handy for hib pbae grps thou.

Some MoPain is always good. Increase your overall damage basically.

Should be getting abilities that help your grp or help you forfil your role in the group, Damage basically. Hence why MoPain is good :D.

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Cavex ElSaviour said:
half ogre pole/2handed spec armsman. (will have to wait 3/4 weeks though)

50 pole/2handed

Just fyi, if you meet a dualwielder with that spec - I feel more sorry for him than you.

(Dualwield doesen't halve parry chance like block chance. 2handers like poles will however halve your target's chance to parry.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom