What about us Europeans?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, the yanks have been getting thousands of invites over the last few days and Europe has yet to have any (unless of course they've sent invites but just not announced it)

We getting the sharp end of the WAR stick again???

:england:

uglydave

Fledgling Freddie
Check your freddys house mail boxes all i can say is

there is a guild beta

and i am in it

( since yesterday dammit i could have been playing right now )

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As the other fella said this is only for guild beta.......... I dont have a guild.

I was referring to normal invites, NA has had them, no one else has?

We also sent out a few thousand 'random' invites just before the first lot of guild beta invites were sent around.

pord

Fledgling Freddie
I soo want my guild in the beta as can be annoying being alone on there and not being able to discuss the game with them

On another note its annoying that I cannot create threads on here!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
yes mate, id been checking my email account for days and had a feeling i should check here to, and what do i find :D the email <3 GOA at the moment

Where is it? is it something you have to register/setup?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
We also sent out a few thousand 'random' invites just before the first lot of guild beta invites were sent around.

Ahhhhh fair enough, thanks Iain.

How come it wasn't a news item on the site?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
They constantly inviting people so making a new announcement every time would flood the news page.

In the past they've notified people via the site when there has been a new wave of invites.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Yey been signed up for the newsletter for over a year and same with the beta do i get a sniff at a key uhm...you guessed it!

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
As the other fella said this is only for guild beta.......... I dont have a guild.

I was referring to normal invites, NA has had them, no one else has?

Please keep in mind this is beta, its about testing the game, and they are now at a stage of testing out lots of guild features as well as all other aspects.

Beta is not a right, its not a chance for people to get early glimpse into the game and get a headstart. Its there to fix and improve a game. Often just feels like people post on forums feeling they should have access to beta.
If you, or/and your guild fit the criteria, you will be selected.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Please keep in mind this is beta, its about testing the game, and they are now at a stage of testing out lots of guild features as well as all other aspects.

Beta is not a right, its not a chance for people to get early glimpse into the game and get a headstart. Its there to fix and improve a game. Often just feels like people post on forums feeling they should have access to beta.
If you, or/and your guild fit the criteria, you will be selected.

I'm not saying I or anyone else has a right to be in the beta at all, all I'm saying is that the Americans have had 'announced' waves of invites sent and in Europe we have not.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
I am also fearful that I'll miss the European collectors edition part of the beta somehow. I'm fully aware that checking here regularly (as i do.. i am a terrible lurker) will probably be the best overall method, but I still have this terrible feeling that I'll miss it somehow and won't be able to contribute anything, its especially bad considering that I can't even find a way to register the various keys we all have with our collectors editions on the European site..

I imagine the collectors edition part will be the final and probably the shortest phase, because I guess that most people who got it just want to play the game and talk about it which they (we) will be allowed to do as the NDA will also be lifted*, and it'll also (i imagine) be the largest influx of people at once that the beta will witness.

I hate irrational fears :(

*please correct me if I'm wrong here!

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
those that do have a "right" to be in beta are those with years of game MMO experience such as starting with meridian 59, are dedicated to testing and have gane programming experience..

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
oh by the way thats me :) give me my beta access.... its (my) Gods will!!!!!!!!!...
oh BTW anyone see the irony in a programmer that cant type? think thats destroyed a few space shuttles it its time....

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
its especially bad considering that I can't even find a way to register the various keys we all have with our collectors editions on the European site..
That will be because there is nowhere to put them yet. We will be told by various methods when that area of the war-europe.com website will become available to us.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i know someone who got in the beta recently :wanker:

wheres my invite! lol atleast its someone whos been playing mmos for the last 7 years or so and someone who used to work in gamesworkshop and play there tabletop games so im not jealous. much :lol:

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
That will be because there is nowhere to put them yet. We will be told by various methods when that area of the war-europe.com website will become available to us.

Again, this is all stuff that i know. It's just that i'm getting nervous considering the release date is looming. The problem for me is that I really want to make a contribution- and I think that if the beta is opened up for the owners of the collectors edition too late, it will really be just for show rather than being able to make a difference. Unless of course something really game breaking makes itself known, but even at this stage i'd consider that unlikely, never mind the next!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Yeah, and hopefully before the game goes live.

Pheonnexx

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft you dont have to have any programming experience to be a good tester, although i do (yes i am a professionally trained tester) I have seen plenty of people be good at it.

TBH too many cooks spoil the broth, ie if they invite huge amounts of people they will not be able to answer anything and also you get the problem that say 5% of people are idiots that number will get bigger with the people invited to the beta

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
those that do have a "right" to be in beta are those with years of game MMO experience such as starting with meridian 59, are dedicated to testing and have gane programming experience..

No-one has a right to be a beta tester. Some think they do, but they are wrong.

The best beta testers (beta, not alpha) are players, maybe with some mmo experience, maybe not, who honestly want the game to be the best it can be, being a programmer or a "pro tester" is no qualification whatsoever. I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks because they have xyz programming talent they "deserve" to be in a beta test is deluded.

Mythic have programmers, what they need are people who can see things purely from a gaming perspective. The "why" is for the devs to teckle, the "where", the "how" and the "when" is for the testers to spot and report.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Remember when the open beta starts it is still a beta. All the different parts of the beta have their jobs and open beta is not just an early start.

The original beta was, and still is, to help sort out the main functions of the game such as quest and character balancing as well as outright bugs. The guild beta is making sure the social functions and organisation works well as well as stressing the servers with extra bodies. The open beta is to help give a final polish and to really see what happens when lots are on.

The game really starts when beta is done and it is released. That is when you can start building a character that is going to be a friend for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom