West Ham

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Did you know Michael Jackson is a West Ham fan ?

Well, he's forever blowing Bubbles !

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Did you know Michael Jackson is a West Ham fan ?

Well, he's forever blowing Bubbles !

lol...i'll pass that on to a couple of fans i know

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
cringes at the need to explain joke...

"I'm forever blowing bubbles" = a West Ham song chanted by fans
Bubbles = Michael Jackson's pet monkey

...and if you don't understand the reference to "blowing", I'm certainly not going to explain it here. Go ask your biology teacher...or get a girlfriend

;p

:twak: :twak: :twak:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
cringes at the need to explain joke...

"I'm forever blowing bubbles" = a West Ham song chanted by fans
Bubbles = Michael Jackson's pet monkey

...and if you don't understand the reference to "blowing", I'm certainly not going to explain it here. Go ask your biology teacher...or get a girlfriend

;p

:twak: :twak: :twak:
not a avid footie fan :p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
That joke is a few million years old.

COME ON YOU HAMMERS!

This is our season. Premiership football here we come!

If only Shaka Hislop was still our keeper. Bywater is SHIT!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Grats to the Hammers last night on their 2-0 trouncing of Ipswich )

Marc

FH is my second home
Dillinja said:
That joke is a few million years old.

COME ON YOU HAMMERS!

This is our season. Premiership football here we come!

If only Shaka Hislop was still our keeper. Bywater is SHIT!

I hope West Ham go up. Already a shit team comming up (wigan), dont want fcking Preston comming up an all.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Bywater and Walker are both dogshit, if we get promoted (which is far from certain), the first player that needs to be bought is a decent keeper.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Blah West Ham dont deserve shit, How any team that finishes 12 points behind another team(Ipswich) in the league can deserve to go up is beyond me, Me i do like West Ham, and i aint a Ipswich fan either, just pointing out how corrupt and shit the play offs are.

Come on Utd, Stuff those southern monkeys in cardiff tomorrow :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Old old joke.

As for West Ham...hmm let's see. I'd really like to see them go up as my old grandad is a huge fan and was born near the ground, so he'd be made up if they did it.

BUT...

any team that sacks Harry after they finish 7th in the Prem because they say he's "taken them as far as he can", then appoints Glen Roeder, then appoints Alan Pardew deserves to spend the rest of their days languishing in the championship.

Let's not forget, 'Arry had built a team including Lampard, Cole, Ferdinand, Carrick and various other top class youngsters. And they f*cking sacked him.
West Ham should act as a sobering lesson to any established Prem sides who are thinking of sacking their manager because he's "taken them as far as he can" (Charlton Ath. springs to mind atm). The ultimate case of Be_Careful_What_You_Wish_For :twak:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's the fans that make a team, not the board. A team doesn't "deserve" to stay in the championship just because the board made some shitty decisions.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
It's the fans that make a team, not the board. A team doesn't "deserve" to stay in the championship just because the board made some shitty decisions.

I agree with the principle, but didn't hear much dissent from the fans when they sacked 'Arry...was only when they appointed Roeder the murmurs began.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
any team that sacks Harry after they finish 7th in the Prem because they say he's "taken them as far as he can", then appoints Glen Roeder, then appoints Alan Pardew deserves to spend the rest of their days languishing in the championship.

Let's not forget, 'Arry had built a team including Lampard, Cole, Ferdinand, Carrick and various other top class youngsters. And they f*cking sacked him.
West Ham should act as a sobering lesson to any established Prem sides who are thinking of sacking their manager because he's "taken them as far as he can" (Charlton Ath. springs to mind atm). The ultimate case of Be_Careful_What_You_Wish_For :twak:

I was reliably informed some time back that one of the main reasons Arry was sacked was due to questionable agent fees on some very large (inflated) transfer fees for crap players where his other son (not jamie) was the agent.

I will concede that bringing Roeder in was a huge mistake, the first season of the Roeder reign was pretty good (7th in the premiership if i remember rightly), unfortunately he wasnt upto the job and his health suffered accordingly.

As for Pardew, i wasn't a fan of his in any way shape or form. I am starting to think that he has done a semi decent job with what is a piss poor team, limited resources, a cowardly board, a demanding set of fans, a high wage bill and a crippling debt burden.

If he gets us into the Premiership with the squad he has at his disposal he deserves alot of credit.

Marc

FH is my second home
tbh, they should do away with promotion and relegation from the premiership. Instead, teams should apply to join (not a franchise i hasten to add). They must prove they have a team decent enough to compete, have enough money so they wont go bust and have a stadium that is worthy of the premiership. That way you dont absolute garbage in the premiership like Norwich, Wigan, Preston, sunderland, southampton etc.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Bobby Zamora! I love him!

This needs to be quoted for emphasis.

Thank God we are out of that shitty boring jumped-up Division 1 now anyway. I don't care how badly we get thrashed next season, as long as we do enough to stay out of that league for as long as possible, I'll be happy.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I think you'll go straight back down :)

I hope that won't happen :| but think it will

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
CHIM CHIMENEE, CHIM CHIMENEE, CHIM CHIM CHEROO, WE ARE THOSE BASTARDS IN CLARET AND BLUE

fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matty etherington = god of the world

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Gethin said:
If he gets us into the Premiership with the squad he has at his disposal he deserves alot of credit.

Having watched the game yesterday we were the better team by some way and deserved the victory. Well done Pardew :worthy: I was most impressed with Ferdinand and Ward central defensive partnership, they pretty much snuffed out Preston's forward line.

Now for the Premiership, I cannot see West Ham avoiding relegation unless they spend a fair amount of money bolstering the squad. I understand that a number of older players are leaving (4, Dailly - thank god, Repka, Lomas and Hutchinson) so West Ham will have to be active in the transfer market.

Pardew hasn't had alot of money to spend in the past so it will be interesting to see who and what he buys with the little bit of money he does have.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
rayzor said:
me too! :D

back where we belong! :drink:

How exactly do you belong in the premiership?

Yours final standing in the championship(6th) quite clearly contradicts your statement.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
because west ham is too big a club to be in that division, idiot

we had the best squad in the championship

we have been a top flight team for long enough, its all we know now

so go away.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
will be nice for the top teams in the prem to be able to play against thier future stars again :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
tbh, they should do away with promotion and relegation from the premiership. Instead, teams should apply to join (not a franchise i hasten to add). They must prove they have a team decent enough to compete, have enough money so they wont go bust and have a stadium that is worthy of the premiership. That way you dont absolute garbage in the premiership like Norwich, Wigan, Preston, sunderland, southampton etc.

If you get promoted, you have by default proven you are a decent enough team to compete. Remove promotion and relegation, and you destroy all the excitement of the Premiership which is only ever contested by 3 clubs and is veeeeery boooring.

Preston are a huge club, so are Sunderland.

Preston were the first club ever to do the double, one of the founder members of the football league, hardly garbage....

The Stadium of Light was voted the best stadium in England by football fans. It holds 48,000, in a few years that will most likely be well over 65,000!

Southamptons new St Marys stadium is awesome as well.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
You want a premiership with only teams good enough to compete? So, 4 teams in the premiership then? :|

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
we had the best squad in the championship

That must be why you finished 21 points behind sunderland.

The team's league position doesn't lie. Idiot ;)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Positions DO lie. Do you think Everton for example, has a better squad then Liverpool? No chance. Not a chance in hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom