Werewolf Game 1

taB

Part of the furniture
Awesome thread!

My blinkered nominations of Mabs enabled me to not recieve a single nomination in the whole game :)

Someone could say "I'm the seer, x is a wolf" but the remaining one will munch him that night.

taB

Part of the furniture
Now for a confession....

The first three names in the list Will gave at the start of the thread were:

TdC - initially unknown
taB - wolf
Jinglebells - wolf
Other people

We knew we were werewolves (lots of wewewe there). Therefore the initial choice of Teeds was an educated guess - but a good one.

Luckily it worked out.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
very very nice game. dont care about losing, was ace fun taking part :D

trust no-one

but for the record, i told you i wasnt a wolf :D

/edit:
might be worth putting in a Hunter for next time ?
if hes killed by any means he gets a free kill on anyone else

makes it a bit more tactical for the wolves

Will

/bin/su
Now for a confession....

The first three names in the list Will gave at the start of the thread were:

TdC - initially unknown
taB - wolf
Jinglebells - wolf
Other people

We knew we were werewolves (lots of wewewe there). Therefore the initial choice of Teeds was an educated guess - but a good one.

Luckily it worked out.

That was a total fluke. I mentioned it in the thread, but I used a random number generator to pick the order. It just happened to come out in that order. The order of names was the order that people initially signed up in, and I thought it might be suspicious to change it. And I didn't notice it until after I had posted the game thread, at that point I thought it would be really suspect.

Mabs

Okay, I think we can vote Mabs out of being a wolfy. He was the only person that voted for someone that could have been a wolf. The other votes were split between mank and gunner.

So assuming the wolfs are betting together then we have :

jup, jingle and tab voted together

mal and fweddy voted together.

Looking at previous votes....

Gah, too confusing. too many abstainers on some days :/

I think it's mabs and tag now, they have influenced the latest vote without them both voting the same way. I think gunner will get lynched next, and that will be another innocent gone.

such insane train of thought derailment ? :D

taB

Part of the furniture
Damn you Will I temporarily considered myself intelligent for outguessing you - yet it comes back to luck again :m00:

Will

/bin/su
I was very amused at the number of times someone would narrow the wolves down to two people, one guilty, one innocent, and then vote for the innocent one. :)

Will

/bin/su
I quite like the hunter idea, I might use it in another game. My plan for the next game, which might change depending on numbers is :

One plain werewolf (maybe 2, depending on numbers)
One extra werewolf who can also block someone's night action (stops the seer declaring, and then relying on the herbalist to protect him)
One herbalist who can put wolfsbane on someone's doorstep to protect them from wolves that night, or maybe call them a doctor and they can patch someone up (doctor would protect from cannibal, herbalist would not)
One seer
One cannibal, who is working alone to try to kill everyone else, one kill per night
Lots of villagers / wolf chow

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Someone could say "I'm the seer, x is a wolf" but the remaining one will munch him that night.

someone blatantly coming out can actually work in certain circumstances imo. depends which chars are put in the game at start time. you can do "open" and "closed" games, where the chars are announced at start, or not ofc.

also, make no mistake, you guys had a huge stroke of luck to wack the seer char right at the beginning of the game, well done!

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Cool game, lots of fun, thx for organising. The only point I can think of for the next one, is probably our own fault in this game, but something that started working on day 1, people trying to accuse others based on their supposed actions kind of stopped, and people were just posting votes or very short posts.

That made it real hard to do anything other than guess. Our fault for not trying to interrorgate the more silent players I guess, but it's also hard with the forum format of the game, as you never know if people are just too busy.

Congrats to the wolves though, I didn't have a clue.

Mabs

it definatly easier in person, you can watch body language and people giving each other funny looks ;)

but that being said, it works ok. but yes i think people need to post more "why"

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Great fun and will be even more confusing with other roles in :)

Thanks for running it Will, and Teedles... flub the smilies :)

TdC

cheers :) there are a few new ones coming, and some you may not have seen yet too!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I quite like the hunter idea, I might use it in another game. My plan for the next game, which might change depending on numbers is :

One plain werewolf (maybe 2, depending on numbers)
One extra werewolf who can also block someone's night action (stops the seer declaring, and then relying on the herbalist to protect him)
One herbalist who can put wolfsbane on someone's doorstep to protect them from wolves that night, or maybe call them a doctor and they can patch someone up (doctor would protect from cannibal, herbalist would not)
One seer
One cannibal, who is working alone to try to kill everyone else, one kill per night
Lots of villagers / wolf chow

I think this is just getting a bit silly if you add too much stuff.

Will

/bin/su
That is actually a newbie game setup from another site, apart from the serial killer which I've added. The doctor/seer combo is a big advantage for the villagers, and makes their lives a lot easier, but it needs the WW roleblocker to stop the seer just declaring they are the seer, and relying on the doc to protect them. And I liked the SK idea, it seemed deliciously evil.

I can miss out the SK if you think that would be overkill, but the avatar for it is going to be awesome.

TdC

I'm also worried the SK/cannibal would be too much, as much as I love the idea of a radical in the game. Perhaps only in large games, like 15+ people? And yeah, the avatar is going to so rock when I'm done hehe :)

Will

/bin/su
We've got 16 signups so far. This game is going to be a biggie.

TdC

sweet, I'm hoping for a 20+er :)

Will

/bin/su
The other option from a serial killer would be to have two competing groups of werewolves. Opinions?

TdC

what happens if they both decide to kill the same villager?

Will

/bin/su
Then there is only 1 kill that night.

I might save that idea, it would be even more complex than the SK.

TdC

how about the SK becomes a random event? like after day 3 you flip a coin five times and if the number of heads is >2 a randomly decided person "snaps under the strain of having his village dissolve into chaos" and becomes the SK?

Will

/bin/su
Hmnn, maybe. I might do that, or a 1-shot vigilante. The SK should, according to stats, make it harder for the wolves to win, the Vig should have less effect.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Only just noticed the pm about this place. Awesome stuff. Thanks again both Will and Tdc, I really enjoyed it.

Heh Eca, seems we were both convinced the other was a werewolf. So hard to figure out people's agendas on this. Especially when you don't know who you can trust.

My only comment gameplay wise is I think it would be better with more time. More chance to try and influence people, change votes and get posts from people not around as much would help a lot in my opinion.

Also, does the threat of a wereDamini terrify anyone else?

Will

/bin/su
I'm going to go for 12 hours after everyone votes in the next game. Though given numbers, I might have to divide into two games.

TdC

in reply to the one shot Vig thing, which sadly disappeared into the error 500 hell yesterday, I had a formula for you to restrict the Vig / SK and prevent the char becoming too powerful.

it was something along the lines of ((number of players / number of chars)/2) and then rounded off to the nearest whole number. ie in a 20 player game with 5 chars total (wolf,seer,herb,vig,villager), the vig would get 2 shots at aligning the score in favour of the villagers.

Will

/bin/su
Seems sensible. I'll close signups tomorrow and see how many players I have, and then decide some rules. Will you be about tomorrow on MSN or IRC?

TdC

yeah I imagine so. I'll certainly check gmail at some point, and if I notice you on the forums I shall fire up ye olde msn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom