Were any servers able to bring down a Garison over the weekend?

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Since Mythic changed the zone cap rules, allmsot every server has managed to cap at least one of Praag, Thunder Mountain or Dragon Wake.

Some servers must surley have progressed to the next level. I know that on KEP we managed to take the next zone in the Dwarfs/Greenskins zone, Kaldorians?

After that we have the fight against the Garison. This didnt go well.

Like last weekend, when we were against the Reikland Garison, the server could not handle the load.

A combination of client lag and serv er lag killed things for us.

Client lag, we couldnt see the enemys. We couldnt see our friends and the NPC's were mostly invisable.

Server lag, nothing that was not insta cast worked, insta spells took 5-10 seconds. Unable to heal, rezz tagert NPC's.

My question is, did any servers out there successfully assult a garrision without the server loosing it?

I logged out, without being able to partake in the end game, I may as well spend my time on other games. If no other servers had any joy in this, then I may as well park this toon and try WotLk again instead.

Its a choice between

1) Being able to play a game thats not great, but works well
2) Not beign able to play anything

Please tell me that somewhere a server actually performed well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You could not play either :)

Its nearly Christmas, there are tons of games out on the PC (or console if you like the downscaled versions) Fallout 3, CoD (World at war) far cry 2, spore, Grand theft auto (out in a week or so) etc

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Nope. A few server crashes on Karak Hirn resulting in zone resets and when we finally made it to The Maw last night the server just couldn't handle it; the lag was intolerable and I could only see at best about 20 other players around me.

A few Order players made it up to the fortress lord room and were actually saying that there were no Destruction players up there, however, from posts on other forums it would seem there was a truckload of Destruction players in there.

Poor :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
This is supposed to be the defining style of play that separates WAR from other games in the market. I wonder if Mythic figured it would be longer before people got to the level of being able to have battles like this and so would have longer to sort out the netcode.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I think they should publish a note saying

"Don't attempt city capture because it will currenctly crash the server".

Atleast that way they could prevent exping people to get affected by this poorly implemented thing (until it's improved).

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's hardly surprising.

They've made zone capturing so difficult that it takes a massive zerg to capture the zone. It's so slow that by the time you get close to capturing a zone the defending side will also have a massive zerg ready for the fortress defence which causes an insane amount of lag for both sides. We all know what happens when two zergs fight, huge lag resulting in server crashes.

If they can't fix the lag and crashing associated with zerg vs zerg then they should redesign the campaign and remove the fortress bottleneck.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I never got this myself, they obviously realised the problems of the servers not being able to support zerg vs zerg for the actual city capture yet the fort capture leading up to this is completely uninstanced leading to mega unplayable lag.
Combined with a rather harsh one hour window of opportunity after possibly weeks of build up make the actual campaign seem hopeless/pointless. I dunno maybe their fix is to allow the server pop's to drop so low that a zerg is impossible to gather :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
There is a thread on the WH alliance threads suggesting that that is the case. It only seems to be a major issue on the fortresses. I guess they did not expect people to be pushing for zone locks so soon.

Because tbh from the second I ported to the Maw my game was screwed for about 15-20 minutes I had to relog twice after deaths because flight masters and abilities just would not work. That said having a random 80 order suddenly appear on your screen is something that needs to be resolved also.

I do not recall Cammy every being as bad as this during RvR tbh.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
There is a thread on the WH alliance threads suggesting that that is the case. It only seems to be a major issue on the fortresses. I guess they did not expect people to be pushing for zone locks so soon.

Because tbh from the second I ported to the Maw my game was screwed for about 15-20 minutes I had to relog twice after deaths because flight masters and abilities just would not work. That said having a random 80 order suddenly appear on your screen is something that needs to be resolved also.

I do not recall Cammy every being as bad as this during RvR tbh.

hehe you couldent of been on excalbibur mate, im sure we had the mother of all zergs during relic raids, im sure half of france caught fire during the stress we gave the servers back then :D

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Haha, yeah, I especially remember one relic raid where hibs had taking one of the mid relics (old frontier) and an insane mid zerg were camping the hmg in odins with catapults and whatnot, and a hib zerg on the hib side. One fg of hibs managed to bring the mid relic past the mid zerg at hmg and make it home with it. The lag was so horrible, that I only caught glimpses of the hibs running past. Impossible to do any damage to them since by the time it was apparent they were there, they were already past.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
A few Order players made it up to the fortress lord room and were actually saying that there were no Destruction players up there, however, from posts on other forums it would seem there was a truckload of Destruction players in there.

Poor :(

There were around 20 of us in the Lords room, a few Order managed to blunder up but the lag made it imposable for them to attack or be attacked, there were a further 30 destruction defenders in the Fort so I say around 60 defenders in total. From a few casual glances I'd estimate around 150 to 200 order attackers in total, so we're looking at 260 players in the zone.

The lag didn't kick in until the second gate fell and the attackers started interacting with the lvl 43 champion guards, this is where I would lay the blame for most of the latency and server stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom