Wep choise for stealthers?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
What do u guys run these days? was thinking mabye croc dagger offhand would be handy for the dex/qui debuff to lower defence? Are the new drops moment of zen and zimmerons wrath any good? cause im not to happy with my leggys atm due to every1 and his dog running with CL reists.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
I'm quite tempted to try MoZ / Conflict weapon with the cathal AF debuff weapon...

Or just CL wep and malice o_O Not that bad a combo afterall.

Thought about going BMF / CL offhander on my ranger, but piercing is a bit naff on the sneak resist tables, besides melee rangers are a joke now so probably retired for good now, imba bow leeching love ruined the melee aspect of the class.

C

Carss

I'm quite tempted to try MoZ / Conflict weapon with the cathal AF debuff weapon...

Thought about going BMF / CL offhander on my ranger, but piercing is a bit naff on the sneak resist tables, besides melee rangers are a joke now so probably retired for good now, imba bow leeching love ruined the melee aspect of the class.

no the duel wield nerf ruined it

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
no the duel wield nerf ruined it

Well the DW nerf is major but its far far from impossible to solo on a sneak just have to spec and prepare a bit different, reason i asked my question was cause i wasnt all happy with my LW dmg output was looking for something more reliable.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't want to run with any other combination than what I'm running with atm :p

Champion weapon offhand and situational mainhand weapon, as in legendary if that's needed or a slash weapon if that's needed.

I prefer legendary weapons though.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
CW+GS so u can double debuff your dmg or LWs still a good combo imo, and makes your life easier when swaping.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
CW+GS so u can double debuff your dmg or LWs still a good combo imo, and makes your life easier when swaping.

Well i made a temp with GS+SCed LWs with 7 7 7 resists on em for swaping thats v nice. u find the GS+CW combo working well on an infil?

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Well on infil i mainly use cw+lw, gs for casters/heavy tanks usualy. Gonna use same weapon combo on my limors ns.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Leggy/GS mainhand and cl offhand works best atm .... I do miss running Physical damage tho as lgm damage is so unpredictable :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
BoS Weapons most likely.

oddly enough, I'm doing fine running around with CW+Malice, LW damage is more often than not worse than basic slash.

In a strange kind of way, this current patch helps SBs more than anything else.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
gonan try MoZ (ebop fake!) with CW offhand on ranger...

I know GS, CW combo worked a treat as well....

with PD gone I think it might be a good alrounder.....

Punishment

Resident Freddy
BoS Weapons most likely.

oddly enough, I'm doing fine running around with CW+Malice, LW damage is more often than not worse than basic slash.

In a strange kind of way, this current patch helps SBs more than anything else.

Nice to see you about again ... You still viper3 ? :D

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
only ran Viper3 for short times once in a while, Viper2 is well worth the points though ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer good too see you back cylian... we had lots of good fights..

will be interesting to see if I can still touch you after the ranger nerf.

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie

its ok mate just get some rr5 ranger duo and phaseshift while he kills the soloer u jumped like u always do :D

MegaMaejter

Banned
gonan try MoZ (ebop fake!) with CW offhand on ranger...

I know GS, CW combo worked a treat as well....

with PD gone I think it might be a good alrounder.....

You should do some research on VN for the -20 abs debuff tests ppl made. Seems like in the recent testings it doesn't debuff -20 abs or 20% of total abs but something else, and effected my other variables, like resistance in spirit ( wich is the debuffs "dmg type", have look on VN imo :d )

censi

Can't get enough of FH
cheers yer i been meaning to test it... because no way does it debuff -20 abs.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
cheers yer i been meaning to test it... because no way does it debuff -20 abs.
No need Censi, i've already done it. :)
Here's what i posted on VN boards:
I also did a tiny test with my CW and got 14.5% or so damage increase, but i can't remember how much slash resist my bot had in that test.
MoZ/CW seems like a very good choice for a ranger to me. I haven't decided if i'm going to use Malice or CW offhand on my zerker yet though. Atm, i'm using MoZ/CW and like it.

After i got Zimmeron's Wrath for my zerker and later saw some tests on it's procrate, i decided to do a little more tests to see if it was better or worse than MoZ, which i got a few days later.
I mostly did this for myself, but hopefully others may find it usefull.

I've done several tests with both weapons to determine the procrate and i got similar results as other tests i've seen, like the one from the pally TL(which was done pre LotM).
MoZ has about 7.5-8% procrate on each of it's two proc and Zimmeron's around 6.5%.

The biggest test i did was with 739 hits with MoZ and 796 hits with Zimmeron's(not including misses/fumbles)
MoZ had a 15.56% procrate(7.58% abs debuff, 7.17% end drain and 0.81 resists). I also have two 400-600+ tests with 16% and 18% procrates.
Zimmeron's Wrath had 6.78% procrate(5.53% unresisted, 1.25% resisted).
-------

What i also wanted to find out, was the damage increase of both weapons. Mostly because i often read that MoZ doesn't increase the damage that much.

In both tests my zerker had 388 str, 44+17 sword, 2009 WS, 7 melee damage and 4 style.
My shammy bot had 25% slash resist, 645 AF and 100% quality armour.
My weapons and my bot's armour never went below 100% con during the tests. I was swinging unstyled.
Unstyled caps were 236 for Zimmeron's and 240 for MoZ. The difference could be because MoZ has 4.2 spd, but delves as 4.3. Maybe it's somewhere inbetween?

-MoZ-
Before debuff: 104(min)-145(max) damage
After ABS debuff: 118-165 damage
Average damage increase: 13.65%

-Zimmeron's-
Before debuff: 102-143 damage
After AF debuff: 124-173 damage
Average damage increase: 21.22%
Zim debuffed my bot's AF with 135(645 to 510). That's 79.07% of it's original AF.
-------

I later decided to do another test with Zim with some more AF from items and AF charges on my bot, to make it more similar to what i would face in real RvR.
My bot now had 805 AF, which would get debuffed to 670, also 135 AF less(82,23% of it's AF).

Before debuff: 87-116 damage
After debuff: 99-137 damage
Average damage increase: 17.41%

If i was to hit someone, like a paladin, with 1000 AF, he would then be debuffed to 865 AF, which is 86,5% of his AF. That would probably give me a damage increase of around 13.5%.
MoZ, if it debuffs 20% of the target's ABS, should increase my damage against plate even more than the 13.65% it did against chain, but less when i'm hitting armour with lower ABS than chain.

Edit: The extra AF that my bot gained from items and the AF charge(25% more AF), lowered the damage my zerker did by roughly 20%.

Conclusion:
After these tests, i guess i'll go FotM and stick to MoZ.
MoZ' debuff lasts 1 min, Zim's lasts 30 sec. MoZ' debuff procs more than Zim's and it also has a nice end drain proc.
Zim is better when it procs, but overall, i believe MoZ will increase my DPS more than Zim will.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
You should do some research on VN for the -20 abs debuff tests ppl made. Seems like in the recent testings it doesn't debuff -20 abs or 20% of total abs but something else, and effected my other variables, like resistance in spirit ( wich is the debuffs "dmg type", have look on VN imo :d )
I didn't think about the thing with spirit resist, so i logged on to do a quick test now.
A new MoZ test would take several hundred hits before i got any resuslts, so i tried with Zimmeron's. It's AF debuff is also spirit.
The amount of spirit resist my bot had, had no effect on the debuff. It debuffed 135 AF regardless.

MegaMaejter

Banned
I didn't think about the thing with spirit resist, so i logged on to do a quick test now.
A new MoZ test would take several hundred hits before i got any resuslts, so i tried with Zimmeron's. It's AF debuff is also spirit.
The amount of spirit resist my bot had, had no effect on the debuff. It debuffed 135 AF regardless.

Ah cool, was some rumour be4 that with zimmer the af debuff scaled with the amount of af u had and the amount of spirit resists :eek7:

I guess what you want on ur ranger is a mainhandfree temp with CW in offhand where you can swap between, GS, MoZ, LWs/sun weapons for maximum dmg on all targets, heavy armor as weak armor.

/edit, Like on leather-studd = LWs/sun weapons, on scale/chain GS + CW combo for dual resis debuffs and on plate MoZ

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
So basically, moz is only better vs plate, which is already resistant to your damage type (as hib at least, moz being pierce only for hibs). Doesn't seem very worth it imo. Considering how often you wanna jump those plate wearers anyway. Funky weapon though. But is it really worth it?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
So basically, moz is only better vs plate, which is already resistant to your damage type (as hib at least, moz being pierce only for hibs). Doesn't seem very worth it imo. Considering how often you wanna jump those plate wearers anyway. Funky weapon though. But is it really worth it?
Basically, yea. :) When it procs, Zimmeron's is better against lower abs armour, but it gets resisted more and lasts half as long as mentioned earlier.
If you don't count the resists, Zimmeron's procs ~5,5%, while MoZ' debuff is around 7,5%. That's a noticable difference.
MoZ debuff is still pretty good on chain/scale as well. Quite comparable to CW actually. Maybe better since CW debuff only lasts 15 sec. With todays defences, that debuff might be gone again before you hit a 2nd time.
Not saying MoZ is the best weapon out there. You also have to factor in the 5% higher missrate compared to arti/crafted/champ weapons. Compared to Zimmeron's, i think it comes out ahead when you add in that end drain.
Got both on zerker though, so i can just switch when i feel like it. :p

I'm thinking about using Squib 2-h(hammer version of Zim) in my next skald temp though. The 2-hander has around 10% procrate.
Martello de Ferar is too fast. :\ Didn't proc a whole lot more than MoZ either. 1% more or so on each proc.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i told zoia all this info from my investigations... he should credit me for it.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
how much does GS debuff and what can it be activated as in mid ? Sword or axe?

trying to sort template with any weapon combo

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
<3 Zoia, great info :)
Hey, i'm not stopping you from adding to my reputation! :eek:

Edit: i forgot to give credit where credit is due.

Huge thanks to my awesome bot for making this possible!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i think GS debuffs for 7% thrust regardless of what it tells you when you delve it.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Just one question in all of this... would the combo Arcanium Blade of Conflict / Zimmeron's Wrath do better then using lets say the Inf CW and GS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom