Went afk and came back with an extra bulb XP.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Slinker
Actually the other guy is right , it is against the CoC to leave your computer unattended and letting your pet kill . Go read it :) , like he said , constitutes unattended macroing .

Its against the CoC to use macroing.. BUT he aint using macroing. There for not breaking the CoC he is mearly using the features as intended

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Cush
Its against the CoC to use macroing.. BUT he aint using macroing. There for not breaking the CoC he is mearly using the features as intended
go read the VN-boards and tell that to the ppl who got suspended

S

Sharma

That sucks, if you cant use part of your class do get ahead, wahts the fucking point in playing it?

A

Aule Valar

play theurgist, get pbt, wait, ding 50
you do have to be at your pc to get groups though :(

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by sharma
That sucks, if you cant use part of your class do get ahead, wahts the fucking point in playing it?

well if you leave your pet same where in a spawn spot and head out to the bar for a few beers, you are not playing.

I do have to say the problems where with pets on aggresive setting, once a pet locks on a target, it will stay on it till its dead. causing pull steals if sameone pulls the same mob before pet gets onto it.

Its realy not so hard to understand, you should not kill mobs when you are not at your computer, is what it boils down to

S

Sharma

Ok, i get your point about kill stealing and stuff, but like is this was happening in the less hunted areas per se..

i mean dartmoor ponies have a very nice camp bonus on them so a pet running around rampant on agro would accumilate quite a bit considering it didnt get to badly hurt

B

baphomet

Well, when it happened to me , I was standing on a spawn spot as it turned out.
But my pet was set to defensive, so it wasn't actively seeking mobs.
I guess the mob popped, attacked me and then the pet defended me.

Anyway, I'm not gonna use this technique of XPing, as I agree it isn't in the spirit of the game.

B

Balbor

just set up a macroing to /s please leave this eara i'm caming it and was here before you lol

What your saying is, if you have 2 computers and too accounts you cannot PL or Buffbot as you can only be sat ay one of your computers as anyone time and therefor break the coc. But if you do it on the same computer thats ok? Then again running too accounts is also breaking the CoC as you are not attending the game while it plays in the backgroud. You are also inbreach coc because you are using an external program (running a different copy of DAoC is an externam program cause i'd like you to show me DAOC run winXP and then DAoC inside itself :p) to gain advantage.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Balbor
just set up a macroing to /s please leave this eara i'm caming it and was here before you lol

What your saying is, if you have 2 computers and too accounts you cannot PL or Buffbot as you can only be sat ay one of your computers as anyone time and therefor break the coc. But if you do it on the same computer thats ok? Then again running too accounts is also breaking the CoC as you are not attending the game while it plays in the backgroud. You are also inbreach coc because you are using an external program (running a different copy of DAoC is an externam program cause i'd like you to show me DAOC run winXP and then DAoC inside itself :p) to gain advantage.
of all unattended play is against CoC, a buffbot standing idle at atk isnt playing he is idle.
those rules where just put there to prevent ppl from going to the bar while leaving a character is still killing mobs. and thus causing possible interuption to players who are realy playing

R

rynnor

Amusingly you can park a pet in an aggro area and then move right over the other side of zone and go afk - even if pet dies mobs cant be arsed to track you that far.

Dont go wild with the idea though - 2 hour kick off and you could solo that xp in a few minutes of active play.

Its not exactly the key to unbridled xp - you would have to do it repeatedly for days to gain levels in the 40's.

If pets on defensive it cant bother any players because it will only fight mobs attacking it.

T

tripitaka

Not correct

Originally posted by Balbor

I have 2 accounts - and run one on a laptop and the other on a desktop... The laptop is right next to the keyboard of the desktop, therefore i CAN control both PC's at once, thus NOT being AFK from one PC at all.

Am i still breaking the COC - ??? NO as i am at both PC's at once. That kinda pee's on your bonfire.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Sibanac
go read the VN-boards and tell that to the ppl who got suspended

they are americans they should all be suspended just for that

O

old.LandShark

People going AFK in exp-groups then are also breaking the COC? This is nonsense, we'll never see bannings or suspensions for people doing this.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.LandShark
People going AFK in exp-groups then are also breaking the COC? This is nonsense, we'll never see bannings or suspensions for people doing this.
no because you dont attack mobs while beeing afk

basicly, your character should not intentionaly interact with npc's while you are afk

but you are right i dont think goa will suspend/ban for this.
the suspensions i read about where ppl putting pets on aggresive outside catas and going afk or other busy hunting spots.
If you do it somewhere calm i dont think anyone would be botherd

B

Balbor

Re: Not correct

Originally posted by tripitaka
I have 2 accounts - and run one on a laptop and the other on a desktop... The laptop is right next to the keyboard of the desktop, therefore i CAN control both PC's at once, thus NOT being AFK from one PC at all.

Am i still breaking the COC - ??? NO as i am at both PC's at once. That kinda pee's on your bonfire.

so, by coming up with an argument as to why 'you' are not breaking the CoC, you agree with my points :p

anyone one person can only be at one computer at anyone time no matter how close you put them together. Anyway my point using an application of any sort that is external form the DAoC ap and gives you an advantage over other players is (or should be) against the coc.

if mythic brought out a DAoC macroing program for people to by but still said you couldn't use others as it cheating wouldn't you think that wat a bit unfair

T

tripitaka

No, i dont agree - i have one hand on each keyboard... therefore im playing both at the same time... and i move my head left and right to watch both screens - therefore i am NOT afk on either character - nor am i actively fighting mobs whilst AFK....Because im not afk at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom