well that raid went balls up reasons inside!

Thekevaroo will run another FULL ML3 raid soon... keep an eye out for a post for it... repeat FULL so if you've missed steps make sure you keep an eye on FH.

in regards of 3.10 i sent 2 appeals and e-mailed them 3 times aswell.. it should be fixed asap i'd imagine.

(And don't worry about the time scale, it took a long time last time... it won't this time however will be alot faster with kev running it)

gallie

Fledgling Freddie
heres us stuck at door...

sshot053.jpg

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
gallie said:
heres us stuck at door...

Lucky Bloodynose Ifyalookatmefunneh werent opposite you then & theres no way id eat fruit salad if it looked like that.

One more thing... That pic looks alot like Tom Cruise

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
We do read all the forums, this one included. At the moment I personally am no where near the office and won't be for an indefinite period of time as I'm dealing with a family emergency in the US.

Us not working weekends isn't a new thing, it isn't up to us and taking it out by yelling at us isn't going to change it. It was mentioned that someone emailed us? To what email? There isn't a support address, that's what RightNow is for and considering it's the GMs who answer the game issue RightNows that could be why you haven't gotten an answer.

We are sorry that we can't help, we do our best with what we are given to work with and believe me NO ONE would like these encounters to work more consistantly then we would... we're the ones who catch the crap when they don't.

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
We are sorry that we can't help, we do our best with what we are given to work with and believe me NO ONE would like these encounters to work more consistantly then we would... we're the ones who catch the crap when they don't.

We are now ... what is it ? 5 or 6 patches after the release of ToA and the bugs still aren't fixed. :eek7:
If you are given crap materials to work with, get new materials, isn't that what our subs pay for? :touch:

Just my point of view not trying to be abusive or flame

And good luck with family

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
we STILL only have 3 E&E members on hib/excal, and only one of them still plays, its stupid.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Wert said:
We are now ... what is it ? 5 or 6 patches after the release of ToA and the bugs still aren't fixed. :eek7:
If you are given crap materials to work with, get new materials, isn't that what our subs pay for? :touch:

Well as soon as Mythic gets the fixes to us we impliment them... the stuff that we have the ability and rights to fix have been fixed... there are a lot of the bits and pieces that we can not touch as the toy doesn't belong to us.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Raven said:
we STILL only have 3 E&E members on hib/excal, and only one of them still plays, its stupid.

Then talk to your realm mates, we don't draft people to be EnEs we take volunteers and if no one volunteers...

tierk

Part of the furniture
Zenythe said:
Then talk to your realm mates, we don't draft people to be EnEs we take volunteers and if no one volunteers...

How are people supposed to know that the current e&e's arent playing if the people hiring them dont know? Personally i think the whole idea of e&e sucks arse anyway, as i thikn it is unfair on the poor sod that is taking up the vacancy, as it is unpaid and has absolutly no control over anything within the game enviroment, in short just a poor substitute for proper CS. Next they will be asking us to send our own auto replies to our rightnow queries. :touch:

Not being the thread ruiner here.. but you mentioned rightnow... 4-5 people rightnow'd the bug i was told :mad: and i sent 2 appeals ingame... anyway in short we all appreciate what GM's do for us and such... however! yes theres a HOWEVER! ;> you cannot deny there arent people around when we actually need them... i sent a question to rightnow on a weekend once and i didnt receive a reply until the following monday... so i asume you dont even check rightnow during weekends? in which case even if we did rightnow it we wouldnt be any better off?

Thx

P.S Please fix Master level 3.10 so we can do it! :(

forgot to add this :) orginally posted by Requiel "however there is no official support at weekends" so rightnowing it wouldnt have helped us in any shape or form ;|

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i actually think the E&E system is great, it has helped a lot in the past and means we have a point of contact when things go wrong. i seem to remember that GOA asked for people to apply a while back, surely you can contact some of those people and see if they are still interested?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
tierk said:
How are people supposed to know that the current e&e's arent playing if the people hiring them dont know? Personally i think the whole idea of e&e sucks arse anyway, as i thikn it is unfair on the poor sod that is taking up the vacancy, as it is unpaid and has absolutly no control over anything within the game enviroment, in short just a poor substitute for proper CS. Next they will be asking us to send our own auto replies to our rightnow queries. :touch:
The E&E system isn't supposed to be a substitute for customer service. E&Es do nothing that should be done by a CSR. All they do is offer advice (based on their own experience of the game) and act as an additional point of contact betwen the GM team and the community. There's a clue in the name, Eyes and Ears. There are a limited number of GMs and we can't be everywhere at once so the E&Es are there to alert us to problems and provide another way for players to contact a GM. Most of the time, all an E&E can tell you to do is to RightNow it so it can be dealt with by customer service, in some cases he can raise a GM for you depending on the situation - many things can't be sorted 'live' and need to be RightNowed for a fix. At no point are they intended to replace any CSR functions.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Please, this is not a flame, just a question that I think needs answering as the GOA GM's seem to be reading this thread.

Whats do the GOA GM's actually do day-in-day-out?

Is it a full time role? Or is it just a small part of a larger role?

Also please explain how GOA are going to improve the situation, look at the other similar threads on this forum alone....your customers are not happy with the lack of contact and lack of live support, so what is proposed to remedy the situation?

Consider that you only run a few servers and only have a small number of subscribers, plus consider the excellent CSR of games like SWG, EvE, WoW..hell practically every other mmog out there including the US Camelot.

If you ever want to revive this game in Europe, you will have to address the problem of support, something that has dogged this game in Europe since day 1.

It just annoys people who need help to be directed to RightNow every time, a service with, lest face it, a pretty poor reputation for wrong answers, answering a question with a question and non-sensical answers if you get an answer at all.

Please this isnt a flame, just something that needs answering for the satisfaction of those who would like to know.

IainC

Tallen said:
Please, this is not a flame, just a question that I think needs answering as the GOA GM's seem to be reading this thread.

Whats do the GOA GM's actually do day-in-day-out?

Is it a full time role? Or is it just a small part of a larger role?

Also please explain how GOA are going to improve the situation, look at the other similar threads on this forum alone....your customers are not happy with the lack of contact and lack of live support, so what is proposed to remedy the situation?
Being a GM is a full time role. I answer, investigate and where possible resolve RightNow queries - apart from queries submitted under the 'technical' category or subscription/billing issues all RightNows are dealt with by the GM team. While I'm doing that I also spend time idling on servers answering queries from players and responding to incidents. I do a few other things as well (testing, proofreading, event scripting etc) but that is the bulk of my workload.

I also find it hard to understand the perception that RightNow is slow or 'nonsensical'. I know for a fact that nearly every RightNow is answered the same working day. A few require further investigation or additional resources but these are nearly always done the next working day. As of this minute there are no RightNows in any English GMs inbox that have been outstanding for more than 6 hours. This is not unusual. The reply you get will depend on what you are asking for or the nature of the problem. If you are reporting a reach of the CoC you'll get an autoreply saying we'll look into it. We always investigate all reports of cheating. If you are reporting an issue with not getting encounter credit, you'll get an autoreply saying we can't grant credit but we'll look into the problem. Again we always investigate these problems and where possible forward the details to Mythic so that the encounter can be made more reliable. For nearly every other problem you'll get an answer specific to your query.

Between 10am and 11pm CET Monday to Friday there is at least one GM available to answer queries and respond to problems on the servers. We constantly monitor our inboxes for new reports, we are constantly available to E&Es in case of problems and we are mostly available on a server for any player at all to contact us and ask questions or seek help. I think you are significantly overstaing your case when you say that there is a no ingame support or that RightNow is not a viable channel for reporting problems.

As I said in this post there are not going to be CSRs available 24/7 as it simply isn't feasible.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
As I said in this post there are not going to be CSRs available 24/7 as it simply isn't feasible.

Ok we got that part of what you are saying, but how hard can it be to have someone on a part-time basis working at peak times ie weekends?

As to you other points regarding rightnow, please explain how it has got such a famous name like rightnever amongest its users then? As an earlier poster said all you seem to get from this service is a auto reply to pretty much everything you send to them and to top it off as you have stated in your last post in effect you do nothing with what i reckon is the majorty of peoples problems with the game (not getting credits for encounters- arti or ml or whatever).

Whats wrong with giving people credit for something they have completed as required when there is a faullt with the game? You have access to the logs so you can see what has gone wrong if anything so whats the problem? I mean come on i know i am not alone with this there are certain encounters in this game that are more fooked up then others and people have a pretty good idea which ones always give problems so i cant see why there s such a big issue with giving credits?

Rightnow isnt CSR never has been never will be no matter how you try to dress it up and try to sell at as such.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think with right now it depends who answers your query, i wanted my 3rd account stopping as i hadnt played it for over a year and noticed subs were still being taken (after i had stopped it) it took 4 emails for them to get it right, from them asking what account i was talking about (even though i had told them) to them stopping my main account, until bingo the penny dropped.

IainC

tierk said:
Ok we got that part of what you are saying, but how hard can it be to have someone on a part-time basis working at peak times ie weekends?
That isn't free either.

tierk said:
As to you other points regarding rightnow, please explain how it has got such a famous name like rightnever amongest its users then? As an earlier poster said all you seem to get from this service is a auto reply to pretty much everything you send to them and to top it off as you have stated in your last post in effect you do nothing with what i reckon is the majorty of peoples problems with the game (not getting credits for encounters- arti or ml or whatever).
Because 90% of the people who trot out this line are simply repeating what they've heard and have not actually used it. Here's a true story. Someone contacted me in game to report a problem with their character. As it wasn't something I could fix ingame I told him to rightnow it. He said "I'm not rightnowing it cos they've never helped me in the past. I've had this problem for years and they've never fixed it." Naturally I was shocked as the problem was an easy one to fix so I asked for the incident numbers so I could look it up and find out who'd dealt with it. He replied "I've never reported it."
Also, contrary to your assertation, the majority of problems are not to do with not getting credit. In general master level steps are pretty reliable these days. Even this particular raid did not hit a bug. The encounter behaved exactly as it was supposed to. Your BG made an error that increased the difficulty however the encounter was and still is completable. If I had been ingame when you had the problem, it would not have been reset. There is no bug here.

tierk said:
Whats wrong with giving people credit for something they have completed as required when there is a faullt with the game? You have access to the logs so you can see what has gone wrong if anything so whats the problem? I mean come on i know i am not alone with this there are certain encounters in this game that are more fooked up then others and people have a pretty good idea which ones always give problems so i cant see why there s such a big issue with giving credits?
Because a line has to be drawn. It's actually pretty hard for us to see after the fact exactly what happened in an encounter and why individual people didn't get credit.In many cases there is no bug but players are not completing the encounter correctly or don't meet requirements. If we give credit all the time it will get abused. If we give credit in worthy cases we'll spend the better part of our day having to justify to the people that didn't get credit awarded why we are giving credit to some but not to others. The line is no credit is awarded. If necessary we'll reset the encounter to give you another shot but we won't simply grant credit.

tierk said:
Rightnow isnt CSR never has been never will be no matter how you try to dress it up and try to sell at as such.
Getting an answer you don't like is not the same as not getting support.

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:

i volunteered in the past when there was 3 and was told no more were needed

tierk

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
That isn't free either

We arent talking about the cost of it but the fact that GoA fails to provide ingame CSR as a bare minuim at least at peak times and sorry but i would expect this as a given for a online game that is supposed to be a 24/ 7 game, just like all the other games out there. Seems that you guys chuck this excuse out for anything that we bring up as a playing community. You already charge too much for this game connssidering the second rate backup we get.

Requiel said:
Because 90% of the people who trot out this line are simply repeating what they've heard and have not actually used it. Here's a true story....

Sorry have used this so called CSR tool before on a few ocasions and it has yet to give me anything but a automated response within 24 hrs and for rest of your story i think this applies.... " this one time in band camp..."

Requiel said:
If we give credit in worthy cases we'll spend the better part of our day having to justify

Errr i think thats called doing your job if you are a CS rep no??

Requiel said:
Getting an answer you don't like is not the same as not getting support.

Please tell me what it is that you do that you think is considered support. Going what i have read so far all i see is a list of stuff you DONT do. You dont give credits were they are due, the so called CS you do have Doesnt run when your servers at peak times, you cant be arsed to tell your customers where they re going wrong with encounters, if indeed they are even doing anything wrong, You dont respond to emails in a timely fashion even when the service is manned and up and running. So again i ask you what is it that GoA does that i can call support?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the question of encounter credit is being fixed (up to a point) in a future patch, cba to find it, everyday things are fine with rightnow, however, we do need in-game support, with the game getting bigger and bigger, and more complicated i would have thought its about time you changed a few things, even if its a only a couple of people online over the weekend it would be a huge boost.

IainC

tierk said:
We arent talking about the cost of it but the fact that GoA fails to provide ingame CSR as a bare minuim at least at peak times and sorry but i would expect this as a given for a online game that is supposed to be a 24/ 7 game, just like all the other games out there. Seems that you guys chuck this excuse out for anything that we bring up as a playing community. You already charge too much for this game connssidering the second rate backup we get.
It is a 24/7 game. The servers are up (barring patches and rare emergencies) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just because support isn't available 24/7 doesn't mean the game isn't and that's what you are paying for.

tierk said:
Sorry have used this so called CSR tool before on a few ocasions and it has yet to give me anything but a automated response within 24 hrs and for rest of your story i think this applies.... " this one time in band camp..."
And as I explained, cetain things always get an autoresponse. Genuine problems however don't.

tierk said:
Errr i think thats called doing your job if you are a CS rep no??
No it's called a waste of resources.

tierk said:
Please tell me what it is that you do that you think is considered support. Going what i have read so far all i see is a list of stuff you DONT do. You dont give credits were they are due, the so called CS you do have Doesnt run when your servers at peak times... You dont respond to emails in a timely fashion even when the service is manned and up and running. So again i ask you what is it that GoA does that i can call support?
No all you have done is list the things that I already explained that we don't do and then made up a generic and unsubstantiated whinge about RightNow response times. I couldn't possibly list all the things that we do as there are so many and every day I see new queries and reports. If you want examples, these last few weeks I've been moving characters that were stuck in Old Frontiers areas. I've been investigating reports of hackings and dealing with the people involved, I've investigated reports of harrassment and cheating and dealt with the people involved, I've reset quests for players who managed to lose items needed to continue the quest, I've investigated, tested and suggested fixes for several reported bugs and I've restored a lot of deleted characters as well as answering general queries aboutthe game. These are the most common types of RightNow incident and are the ones that I can list off the top of my head, it's by no means an exhaustive list of all the different types of report I've dealt with over the last few weeks - in fact not even just for today. In addition to that I've spent many, many hours on servers answering player queries and helping them with problems.

tierk said:
you cant be arsed to tell your customers where they re going wrong with encounters, if indeed they are even doing anything wrong.
We are not a walkthrough service, we do not tell you how to complete encounters, neither do Mythic or indeed most game companies as discovering this for yourself is part of the game. If there is a 'wrong way' to do an encounter that will result in a known bug we will tell you when it is reported. In this case the encounter worked correctly.

I'm really not going to continue arguing this with you. You have moved beyond making your point into simple trolling, repeating untruths and misinformation and as such I don't feel that it benefits anyone to continue this discussion.

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
We are not a walkthrough service, we do not tell you how to complete encounters, neither do Mythic or indeed most game companies as discovering this for yourself is part of the game. If there is a 'wrong way' to do an encounter that will result in a known bug we will tell you when it is reported. In this case the encounter worked correctly.

The original issue wasn't the the ENCOUNTER bugged, it was the door that didn't work. And please NOTE that me and my brother did ml3 presteps (Antioos quest and Kepa quest) together (at the same time) yet it took 3 kills to get the encounter for my brother and only 1 attempt for me, so obviously something is bugged. I know other people (Jorof) who killed it all 4 times that we tried and STILL did not get the encounter, his BM did but not his Druid, and since he plays both at the same time (ALWAYS) on sperate machines probably, there is obviously something wrong, and has been for a long time as far as i know.

He didn't call you a walkthrough service, he said something like "tell us why it isn't working for us". Not walkthrough imo, as you are telling them why the GAME that YOU provide ISN'T working, not how to complete the game in the fastest easiest way possible (if there is a way to complete this game).

If i had more time i could volenteer to help be a go between for people in game and GM's, (E&E are they called?) unfortunately my real life is really hectic and i don't have much time to play anymore. I join ml raids when i can, pretty much telling my family to fuck off just so that i can.

I hope you implement 1.74 soon so that some bugs are fixed, and 1.75 asap after that. Sucks if you do them both at the same time, could be months till we see anything fixed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom