Well, isn't this nice =D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Hulloo thar fellow FH'ers!

We've all seen the posts that people have made where things arn't going well and we all know how awful it is when someone you like/admire from a forum is in the crap and there really is nothing you can do about it aside from post something conveying your feelings, so I thought I'd be different and post a small sucess tale, it's really nothing major but it's a good thing and i'd like to share it and hope that you in turn will share some tales of your own, I think occasionally it's nice to hear about fortunes rather than misfortunes.

I have had a rather good week this week:

Monday: had group selection interview at the local supermarket (why is this a good thing?? well my job atm is crap and i cant do it anyway because of my hand injury)

Tuesday: had college interview and was awarded a placement on a full time course that i wanted to do in september.

Wednesday: went for final interview at supermarket, when i got home i got a phone call to tell me i had te job (again why is this so great?? well its a night shift job which means i'll be able to study and work, its less hours than my curent job but its the same pay aaand its right next to my house so save money on travel and no more 40min journeys to/from work) also farscape: peacekeeper wars was on so i had 3 hours of sci fi.

Thursday: in about 1hr 20mins i am going to the store for my induction and to find out what job i will be doing.

Yes through all the brimstone and hail that we have to contend with and when you feel that events are just conspiring against you, sometimes you get a day (or in this case a few days) where the fates seem to stop scowling and start smiling and you have to sit and think to yourself "Hmm maybe i should buy a lotto ticket this week".

Anyone else have any annecdotes about good things that have happened? i'd love to hear them :cheers:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I think my best mate and his gf split up because of me :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Grats on dinging your new job and on the placement !!

I had some pleasant news at work a few weeks back. Got a £45K pay rise and been told that senior management have already signed off on me becoming a Director in a years' time. Nice.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Lamp said:
Grats on dinging your new job and on the placement !!

I had some pleasant news at work a few weeks back. Got a £45K pay rise and been told that senior management have already signed off on me becoming a Director in a years' time. Nice.
:worthy:

lol and here i shall bestow upon thee a phrase thou shalt hear wherever thou goest forevermore:

gis a tenna

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ezteq said:
:worthy:

lol and here i shall bestow upon thee a phrase thou shalt hear wherever thou goest forevermore:

gis a tenna

ff15.jpg

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Big grats mate. i hear night job is good so long as you got a portable cd player/mp3 player with you

well my life has been weird these last few weeks

My gorgeous GF and i seem to be sorting things out yay!
I fell out with my best mate :(
Been told i am the number 1 choice for a promotion at work (£7k increase)
My parents are moving to Australia and i can go if i want
I have given up chocolate for lent and havent faltered yet

So weird one here

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol sparx my bf gave up sweet things for lent and he cries everytime i have some chocolate, good luck with the promo i hope you get it.

and Lamp, cheers bud.. *prints out tenner and goes on a fraudulant spending spree at the pound store*

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
and Lamp, cheers bud.. *prints out tenner and goes on a fraudulant spending spree at the pound store*

lol Think Big Ez .. print a load out and just go on a spree .. poor Pound shops :p

Hmm anything good happen to me ...... Ehh nope , mostly been a series of downers

End of year review is about the only thing looking good ....

And i can't jack my job in till october or else i'd have to pay the company 8 grand .... stupid contract

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i got 100% in my sociology exam, got results few hours ago:D!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Found out I passed my modules for this semester even though I really didn't deserve to and had a great weekend at home for my sister's birthday :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
aw Ez no more baking chocolate chip wings and shortbread jet engines? :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My week has been good, i found out im not really a slave and that i am allowed to do my own things.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Bahumat said:
My week has been good, i found out im not really a slave and that i am allowed to do my own things.

got dumped?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I was in the local paper this week.
I made the most beautifull throw with a snowball today. :p

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
My teacher was sick, so me and a couple of friends bought some alcohol and drank it.. so we were all tipsy and stuff.. so we went back to school for our last hour.. and that teacher became crazy because of us :p, then went over to a friends place to sober up.. which eventually had me going home with a clear head but with the knowledge what we did :D

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
I'm finally comming to terms with the fact that I am insane..

that is a good thing right?

Tilda

I got my first vacation placement at a nice big law firm on tuesday, which was awesome.
Got an interview request for an even bigger one in a few weeks, which is also exciting!
Got a first in a property essay which was nice.
Also, which I find most exciting, I bought a stopwatch, which means, I time myself working. So when I'm gaming etc, I see the stopwatch and it motivates me to do work. Also makes me work more, which is good :D
I can see the stopwatch now :(
I have to do another 2 hours today :(

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
I did 4kgs more yesterday in benchpress, yay me :p

And I got this friday off, which is the first friday in about 3 months, so that's fan-freakin'-tastic hehe (have nightshift after school normally).

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
woot done for you, i told u all teh time there is nothing to worry about.

my success story for the week? well, its not as fantastic as yours but it will do i suppose, seen as you asked for em.

monday - short day at uni, went out drinking on the evening.
tuesday - uni strikes, chilled out all day after going to docs.
wednesday - chilled all day again, owned some noobs
thursday - get grades back for an exam, 83%. pwned a noob girl irl twice in one afternoon, pulled a girl using teh charms and gave her a gift.
friday - im off all day.

yep, this week is going my way!
allll the wayy.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
couldnt edit my post cos fh sucks balls on edit timer. what i was gonna add for today is:
my mother has been cleaning around. she has put letters in my open safe. in such a way my bong and weed must of been moved. except she never said anything.
theres a few reasons i can think of, but anyway. no hassle = woot :clap:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
w00t you awl wtfp! nice one guys 100%'s, uber snowballs, relitives partys, being alive, getting new positions (new positions always good tbh) chilling and not getting bongs converscated all good tbh

am sat here after celebrating and downing wine and tequila listeningto my particular brand of music and thinking what a fucking excellantly cool bunch of people you all are, wheather your celebrating something personal or something nationally recognised good on you go for it (whatever it is) full throttle dude and dudettes!!

xxxxxxxx

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehehe explanation: i went and gave in my notice yesterday at old job.... and now after my 100% fry up i'm off to have a bath and wash away the multitude of sins i collected yesterday.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
had 2 aassignments for this week in uni.

one was a philosophy assignment... what i forgot all about and found out 1h before deadline... did it in 15 minz and got max score :D dunno how, but im not good at philosophy

second one was a programming assignment... was a tough one too and took over 2 weeks to do... got a max in it too :D

have a great feeling going toward the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom