Well I'm impressed

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just been to the IMAX cinema at Waterloo (for those of you who live north of the Thames it is in London :p).

Wow!! Never been to a cinema like it in my life. The demonstration was very impressive esp when they backlit the screen and your jaw dropped at the vast number and size of the soundstage "out back". According to the presenter and the screen logos it has somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 watts of RMS and I can believe it.

Then you had to wear these Janet Street Porter glasses and you watched a few 3D trailers which ACTUALLY worked. I could see the bits coming toward me and was able to realise the depth of objects so clear, just a shame the glasses were shit. The soundstage also handled the "3D" very well.

Anyway, enough of the demonstration, I actually watched Matrix Revolutions. The film looked amazing on the enourmous screen, the sound rattled my bones and the combination of the two gave me goosebumps.

The film itself? It was ok, the best bits for me where the bunfight scenes in the dock and when Neo got to the Machine City. Nuff sed. Still don't understand the film and I remember a thread on here somewhere that explained it so I will go look for that tomorrow.

Will I go to IMAX again? Most definately, was a real good experience and I had 6 or 7 drinks (on an empty stomach) with Jupitus before entering the cinema, top night all round!!!

:clap:

Thanks for listening!

C

Ch3tan

But Jupitus is shorter than a hobbit?

Is the bunfight a IMAX only feature? Hotcross or just your standard hotdog bun?

I saw Reloaded in IMAX and cant wait to see REvolutions there as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Ch3tan
But Jupitus is shorter than a hobbit?

Is the bunfight a IMAX only feature? Hotcross or just your standard hotdog bun?

I saw Reloaded in IMAX and cant wait to see REvolutions there as well.

Yes.

Standard but bigger :p

Did they ever show any of the LOTR films there or it was not shot in IMAX format?

C

Ch3tan

Dunno. I saw REloaded in IMAX in L.A. Was much bigger than the one in London.

Would be very cool to see LOTR in IMAX.

J

Jupitus

*says nothing about DBs having less hair than a bald orc*

Cheeky feck :p

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Touche!

Users who are viewing this thread