... Well I never...

F

Frier

... well I never thought I would say this but...

... after only playing Daoc for 3 months Im thinking of leaving. I cant find a class that really suits me. I logg on and cant decide what is less boring to play, Scout/Paladin/Merc/Necro.... Im just not moitivated to play!

I prefer to shoot some CT's in Counter Strike...

... I need some advice on how I can get the addiction started again.

L

Lorath

I was like that as well, belive the main prob was that i never earned my own money until level 40 or so..

It is more fun to collect for ya self..

Mercenary is fun, i love mine.
Reason: hard anf fast hitter, goes down fast as well because of that in RvR.

try it out.. think you will like the class if you got patience

E

Esoteric

I like daoc for the rvr content.

If you like CS like I did then I suggest playing Planetside might be your cup of tea. I used to loike playing CS but the consistent cheats drove me away.

I think tho Planetside retail game is way too expensive and will never pay more than £19.99 for a fee online game. Ill just wait till it decreases.

T

Twaize

?

I used to play CS and BF but when i started playing DAoC i couldn't get enough!

P

-phusion-

right, bonedancers are teh phun, can whipe whole groups on their own ;)

T

tieris

Who cares........ planetside is out, try that out if like me you find daoc boring as hell. Everything a fps lover wants.

N

Nightchill

BGs can only hold your interest for so long.

M

mirieth

If the interrest isn't there then it's probably best to just quit. I lost interrest and quit and I feel about 100x happier for it :great:.

If you like FPS', like people said, try out Planetside - it looks very cool. Failing that, there is a new Tribes game coming out sometime this year and it looks awesome! I personally loved both previous Tribes games, great fun (especially if you like the team-based aspect of daoc).

O

old.Morchaoron

DAOC...
EXCALIBUR
Shepherd - 24th Ranger <The Woodsmen>
Rka - 24th Champ <The bush basher>
Flid - 24th Chanter <The hobbit>
Smirn - 19th Bard <The drunken guy who plays tunes>

PRYDWEN
Shepherd - 18th Scout <The poser>
Royce - 14th Paladin <The wierd one with chants>
Merc - 11th Mercenary <The Hard One>

"I have no intention of leveling beyond 24..."

No intention of leveling beyond 24... why not?

I know alot of people who quit the game and had like 20 level 20 chars, this is the main reason why it gets so boring, doing the same part over and over and you have to put up with all the noobs again and again...

The fun really starts at 50, when you ding 50 for the first time everything becomes different, and why people play in bgs is beyond me...

F

Frier

I suppose.

Ok... I'm going to strip all my characters cash/items and put them on my Mercenary.... lvl 50 here I come :)

E

Edaudric

Look at my signature and you see my characters. I't s a tiny bit old. One or two shouldn't be there, but nevertheless...

Jocelyn is my main character now, dispite Joses being the highest.
Whenever I feel I want to be another character, I say "No!" and I start crafting instead (in her case, fletching).

I have also stopped grouping with regular people and only, or mostly, team with my friend Deorel instead. Naturally and obviously I of course team with anyone of the Order.

:)

Stick to your character. Don't make the same mistake I did and make many "lesser" ones.
Hey, when you're 50, and in a few patches you can do a /level on your characters and raise them to 20 at once. That's a good goal to get one character to 50, isn't it?

O

old.Plebo

If you are bored at lvl20 with most of your characters, then yor Merc may not be the best choice to take to 50.

Mercs are pretty limited from a gameplay point of view and not too great at soloing. You can take most oranges, but there is a lot of downtime between each kill.

In a group, Mercs don't offer too much either - no nice chants, or spells. They can tank, but take damage, so may be a big drain on the healer.

C

chimaira

Originally posted by old.Plebo
In a group, Mercs don't offer too much either - no nice chants, or spells. They can tank, but take damage, so may be a big drain on the healer.

hmm LOL.

a good merc doesnt take to much dmg AT ALL.

what is this Plated user for the win crap?

Mid and hib has same af outcome as Mercs.

I do know I can smash down a yellow in not to many seconds.

I do know I can hold aggro good. not as a paladin of course but all out ok

Im also drunk since school Prom now so good night.

Signing off

regards

T

thegreatest

Well if you go rvr'ing you will be shocked about the Faderrullan deathspams ;)

Faderrullan > all mercs imho ;)

special greets to lorath btw :p

But yes play a sorc its lot more fun, at least I'm gonna lvl my sorc to 50 instead of my arms that was my first char and that I've played with the first 7 months of Daoc, couldnt get him higher than 46 at that time. I rolled a sorc 1 month ago, 40 atm :)

F

Frier

Ok need some advice on what would be more worth while leveling up....

I've got my lvl 14 paladin....
14 chant, 10 sheild, 8 Slash...

... was thinking on playing him to 20 and then respec sheild to 2 handed.

Leave slash for good and when I hit 40 spec slash for the extra points...

@20: 20 chant, 17 2handed, 3 Parry, 8 Slash
@40: 40 chant, 34 2handed, 20 parry
@50: 44 chant, 47 2handed, 41 parry

... What do you think?

OR

stick with my Mercenary

@20: 20 crush, 19 Duel Wield
@40: 40 crush, 30 Duel Wield, 25 parry
@50: 50 crush, 36 Duel Wield, 45 Parry

As you might be able to tell, I am wanting to make a character this is a HARD hitter. Non of this pansy tanking.... I want to smack them down hard and fast.

the reasoning for having such a high duel wield is the higher % of hitting with both hands.

I like paladins chants but cant be bothered with re-rolling another paladin from scratch just for 2handed weaponary, might aswell respec as I go along.

Any thoughts?

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Frier
stick with my Mercenary

@20: 20 crush, 19 Duel Wield
@40: 40 crush, 30 Duel Wield, 25 parry
@50: 50 crush, 36 Duel Wield, 45 Parry

As you might be able to tell, I am wanting to make a character this is a HARD hitter. Non of this pansy tanking.... I want to smack them down hard and fast.

the reasoning for having such a high duel wield is the higher % of hitting with both hands.

Um 36 Dual Weild is not high. A fairly standard template is 50 weapon, 50 Dual weild (for the good Dual Shadows style - In front positional), 27 Parry, 10 shield (Need 7 for engage). Maxing weapon is good for giveing you max damage and weaponskill although not always for the style - I have a 50 thrust merc and don't believe I've ever gotten Dragonfang off with only evade 1 and quick buff. I tend to use Dragonfang with Dual Shadows backup if actually fighting someone who is fighting back and Pierce (rear positional) with Dual Shadows backup if they are trying to avoid me.

O

old.mattshanes

You want a hard hitting merc you do not make it 50 crush 36 dw 45 parry....

50 slash 50 dw 28 parry easy to use,hits good in rvr even if resisted with a sabre+jambiya(or defiler if you have one;) ).

Been slash til rr6 5(rr7 1 now) will be slash again tonight hopefully,thrust and crush doesn't quite cut it in rvr i have tried both i know.Thrust does good damage IF you can pull the styles off it's very hard to adjust too.

If you do not want 50/50/28 go 50 slash 44 dw 37 parry BUT remember with 50/50/28 you can still have 51 base parry at rr3 or so with master of parryin 2+11 from items.

Check my damage on page 5 sb petition thread mid section that's with slash weaps.

Then again if you can play thrust well it has it's uses best as a briton or saracen.

F

faderullan

If you like pve stay with paladin.
If you like rvr you have 2 choices. Paladin (1 needed in every group because of end chant) or Mercenery (Often good to have around, personally i make my groups with 3 mercs in it).

Mercs kill - Paladins gives end

And the thing with sticking with low levels. My brother starts a new char every week. Once i even leveled his char to 45 for him to keep playing it. What did he do? Started a new char of course.

F

Frier

50/50/28 Merc then!

Changing to slash when I hit 20...

.... no body like a two handed Paladin?

Any feedback on any already made?

Would a two handed paladin hit harder than merc?

[EDIT] - Im a Highlander

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Frier
50/50/28 Merc then!

Changing to slash when I hit 20...

.... no body like a two handed Paladin?

Any feedback on any already made?

Would a two handed paladin hit harder than merc?

When you hear the word gimp this is what should spring to mind...

Also you could consider leveling to 40 on crush and then respeccing - It'll give you a another level on parry and also 25 points left over (for some more shield) becuase of auto-training on slash or thrust but not on crush.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by faderullan
And the thing with sticking with low levels. My brother starts a new char every week. Once i even leveled his char to 45 for him to keep playing it. What did he do? Started a new char of course.

Sounds like me, really ;) - ok, I do make it to 50 regularly - or eventually, depending how you look at it :p

But once I got up again, I sort of feel like trying out another class, and off I go again ;) (currently got a necro and an arms in their low 40s, and I am already thinking of levelling my mid-20s scout :p )- sue me, but I am enjoying it, even though I never get around to actually spend much time in rvr (but then I die a lot there anyway, so not a real loss ;) ).

At the end of the day, everyone enjoys something different in game, and having my friends around and trying this or that works for me ;) So, rolling new chars all the time needn't be that bad ... :p

E

Edaudric

The Twohanded thing for Paladins being a no-no is bull.
We get it at level 5 because it's our only chance for offense.
Erm... they. I don't have a twohanded Paladin yet. Had, though.
Pretty platemail and chants, but bad offense. Oh well. Play your character the way you want. I choose shield because I like blocking. But twohanded parry is gorgeous too.

Users who are viewing this thread