Well i made it despite games lack of stock.

I

~INCOGNITO~

Had the game two days now and ive killed 3 people :D

Thanks for the invite Wicoa.

Couple of quetions if someone would be so kind.

This is my System spec.

Athlon XP 2800 Barton
512MB DDR400 Ram
ATA 133 7200Rpm HDD
256MB Geforce FX 5600.
All the latest drivers.

I get some slowdown when panning around sometimes any suggestions?

Also when i try to exit the game sometimes it crashes before completly exiting. Anyone seen or heard of this problem?

Also is there any website like Duskwave.com for DAOC listing Outfits and players ranked by kills etc?

Last thing can anyne recomend

a.) an active planetside forum.
b.) good sites with guides for the game
c.) a decent cheap optical mouse you can pick up without pressing the side buttons.

W

Will

Originally posted by ~INCOGNITO~
I get some slowdown when panning around sometimes any suggestions?

Also when i try to exit the game sometimes it crashes before completly exiting. Anyone seen or heard of this problem?
Get used to the slowdown...what I do is spin around when I first get online or after I warp, and it tends to be fine after that.

And I find the game very slow to exit, and it seems like it has crashed. However, if I wait a minute or so, it recovers.

S

shilak

The slowdowns are most likely due to memory, or lack of. Most people I know who play the game and upgraded from 512mb to 1gig said that it sorted most of their lag problems. You might also want to turn the flora off (those little clumps of grass on the floor) as they seem to cause some severe slowdowns in certain places.

a) The most active forum is probably the official one, also has links to leaderboards and character/outfit stats. Another useful one is www.thottbot.com/planetside.
b) Probably best to ask people on this board ;)
c) Dunno, Im still using an old MS Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse.

I

icemaiden

The last week or so ps has been crashing when i log too, i just put it down to one of those things. I'm not sure if there's listings according to kills but http://planetside.station.sony.com/ have listings of all players and outfits etc. Also i find this site rather useful :)

P

[PS]Nova

If you're looking for an active forum, try www.wernerforum.com it's a forum set up solely for werner players, and last I looked they had over 500 members.. more people registering all the time.. events are organised on there, most of the high CR people are registered on there from all three empires...

(Also you said thanks to Wicoa for invite, I haven't been able to play for a couple of days, if this means you've joined Sovereign Guard come register on our forums, it's linked off our website at http://www.planetside.org.uk)

I

~INCOGNITO~

Originally posted by [PS]Nova
If you're looking for an active forum, try www.wernerforum.com it's a forum set up solely for werner players, and last I looked they had over 500 members.. more people registering all the time.. events are organised on there, most of the high CR people are registered on there from all three empires...

(Also you said thanks to Wicoa for invite, I haven't been able to play for a couple of days, if this means you've joined Sovereign Guard come register on our forums, it's linked off our website at http://www.planetside.org.uk)

Indeed. I registered yesterday.
Ingame i am the rather poor Rubric.

Sarum SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

J

Jupitus

:D

Excellent!

Actually I thought incognito's style was somewhat familiar;)

I shall enjoy filling you with holes, very, very soon :)

Oh by the way, Soupeh managed to grab me a magrider last night - they're really great fun!!! :p

I

~INCOGNITO~

Originally posted by Jupitus
:D

Excellent!

Actually I thought incognito's style was somewhat familiar;)

I shall enjoy filling you with holes, very, very soon :)

Your challenge sir will be met,
Lets just see how far you get,
Theres no way your rhyme,
Will save you this time,
With your title you should bet.

I

~INCOGNITO~

Oh and on another note about the crashing on exit.

Im getting a white screen now when i exit. I can still manage to shut down the comp in the end though with the windows key and shutdown.

P

[PS]Nova

Indeed. I registered yesterday.

Ahhh, yes, I have authorised you on our forums :)

Welcome!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Chloe is a mod on wernerforum.com.... so a big "nofuckingwayigonnaposttherekthx" from me.

Users who are viewing this thread