well, I killed the bloody dragon...

T

Testin da Cable

...though how my char could stand in front of a huge beast and MISS 9 times out of 10 while yielding a dirty great axe is totally beyond me :/ perhaps it's a racial thing. dwarven folk don't mix well with dragons I'm told. perhaps it was all that clarity potion swilling. the stuff mages put in their potions would make a hyena puke heh. perhaps it was just the 'moment'. after all, it was the first dragon...and now the wyrm is dead.

tbh I was amazed. my char was peeing himself with fear really. the dwarf will happily take out just about anything while humming a merry tune too, but he was very upset in the guardian's cave I kid you not. I was glad to put it behind me and resume wandering through woodlands slaughtering evil things with my customary efficiency :) dwarven ranger mind you -dwarves have their missfits too ;)

O

Olgark

Ach dwarven ranger indeed. Try the dwarven monk now that is just pure and utter speed/damage.

He walked all over the dragon balor, Aribeth begged for her life. And Maugrim was a piece of cake.
But the last two dragons you got to fight at the same time now that was a challange.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Olgark
Ach dwarven ranger indeed. Try the dwarven monk now that is just pure and utter speed/damage.

He walked all over the dragon balor, Aribeth begged for her life. And Maugrim was a piece of cake.
But the last two dragons you got to fight at the same time now that was a challange.

Try a mage, things will be easier in your life.
The ancient red was dead in a few moments. I had to load the game twice in Aribeth because i accidentaly killed her before talking (hard to see if the 4th or 7th fireball did the job).
Of the two dragons only the silver was able to lower me to half hp, untill my shapechange to red dragon was complete and i handed him his as* .
Mage tacticts simple: Haste - Time Stop - Cast spells like there no tommorrow ;)

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Tasans

Try a mage, things will be easier in your life.
The ancient red was dead in a few moments. I had to load the game twice in Aribeth because i accidentaly killed her before talking (hard to see if the 4th or 7th fireball did the job).
Of the two dragons only the silver was able to lower me to half hp, untill my shapechange to red dragon was complete and i handed him his as* .
Mage tacticts simple: Haste - Time Stop - Cast spells like there no tommorrow ;)

I was level 16 when i took on the two dragons playing a dwarven monk. Never knew about the dire badger trick or the fact that the henchmen lower your exp so you can never get to level 20 in the OC. Always wondered why the amulet Aeesha gives you is for a level 19 character. :eek:

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Olgark

I was level 16 when i took on the two dragons playing a dwarven monk. Never knew about the dire badger trick or the fact that the henchmen lower your exp so you can never get to level 20 in the OC. Always wondered why the amulet Aeesha gives you is for a level 19 character. :eek:

Easy way to get from 14-15 to 17 or so:
I think it is at Neverwood the entrance to the Netheril Tomb, there every time you make a mistake skeletons appear. For a 15 mage with Daelan these are extremely easy.
To make it short i earned 3 levels there ;)
Oh and you can reach 20 in the normal game, I already have 5 20 level chars ;)
And yes dwarven monks are mean indeed, my monk once got succesful knockdowns at an ancient red wyrm (toughest monster in game) ;)

W

Wilier

Not sure I should admit it, but Ive got this game now. :( and Im actually looking forward to getting home in the morning and playing it.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Wilier
Not sure I should admit it, but Ive got this game now. :( and Im actually looking forward to getting home in the morning and playing it.

When I played this game I loved it. The story line is one of the best computer RPG stories I have played through to the end twice. Once with a female character and once with a male character just to get the two different stories from Aren Gend and Aribeth. I just can't wait for a sequel or quest MOD from the makers of the game. Also I found that you can always add more quests because of the tool set you get and people makesome cracking mini quests, but there are a few bad ones out there.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wilier

yay! join us some night ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom