well done albs

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
Understood, still doesn't change the fact that the realm with a largest majority of the server population consistantly takes keeps and relics in the early hours of the morning. Got to wonder why really.

Well let's say 20% of all players play through the night (the real percentage doesn't mater much here). There's no reason to suppose this will vary from realm to realm in general, though it may vary from time to time depending on people staying up to get realm dings, missions etc.

If Albion has the greatest population it will also have the greatest number on-line at odd hours and possibly bored due to a lack of opponents to fight. This will mean those players are able to take keeps and sometimes even relics during off hours.

It's a function of the number of players rather than some particular desire to stay up all night just to annoy you :)

Personally I'm getting too old and got too many commitments to pull more than the occasional weekender past 1 am these days. Nerf ageing!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Killswitch said:
Hehe...QC root on Heretic, NS on Cleric >> Heretic, Cleric (with focus shell) and a dead alb :p

ok, what about a Heretic with some sort of delicious biscuit, a cleric with focus shell and a bcakpack of agent orange and a dead grogan tied to a bit of string > One Nearsighter and two Animists.

Killswitch said:
We could so this all day...read my longer, more well-though-out post above.

nahhh, I don't take this game seriously enough for that tbh
I'm just glad I can step foot outta Crau now and occassionally find the odd fun fight (to add on ;) )

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:
ok, what about a Heretic with some sort of delicious biscuit, a cleric with focus shell and a bcakpack of agent orange and a dead grogan tied to a bit of string > One Nearsighter and two Animists.

lol :worthy:

ps it's a coaster!

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
Well let's say 20% of all players play through the night (the real percentage doesn't mater much here). There's no reason to suppose this will vary from realm to realm in general, though it may vary from time to time depending on people staying up to get realm dings, missions etc.

If Albion has the greatest population it will also have the greatest number on-line at odd hours and possibly bored due to a lack of opponents to fight. This will mean those players are able to take keeps and sometimes even relics during off hours.

It's a function of the number of players rather than some particular desire to stay up all night just to annoy you :)

Personally I'm getting too old and got too many commitments to pull more than the occasional weekender past 1 am these days. Nerf ageing!

Aye, i do agree albion with the largest population will have more people online in the early hours of the morning, logic suggests that. Thing that makes me wonder is why doesn't albion consistently try to take keeps and relics primetime like it does in the early hours of the morning so we can all enjoy it?

Seems to me keep and relic takes the majority of the time are left until the enemy is sleeping.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Libertine said:
Aye, i do agree albion with the largest population will have more people online in the early hours of the morning, logic suggests that. Thing that makes me wonder is why doesn't albion consistently try to take keeps and relics primetime like it does in the early hours of the morning so we can all enjoy it?

Seems to me keep and relic takes the majority of the time are left until the enemy is sleeping.

erm..we do! How do you think NP/VP/DH/TDD get all their RPs? We make a nice 4FG zerg and go try to take a keep, we get farmed by all the Warlocks, Hibby "StunSkillz(TM)" Casters and archers who appear on the walls for a while, then as soon as we make a hole in the wall, 1-2FG turn up and wipe us from behind. Then we go back and do it again...99% of these 2-3am keeptakes you don't seem to like start at about 8pm BST.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
Funny.

Hibs/Mids can't be bothered to defend. I presume it's because if you have early starts in the morning or work shifts then the Albion button is greyed-out on your realm selection screen?

If you'd rather run around in your FGs zerging soloers, adding on every fight you see, bug-abusing and generally being lame 24/7 then of course your keeps/relics are going to be taken. Remember when we took the Mid relics? Did any of these whiny Mids even bother to leave DC bridge during the entire relic take?

Makes me sick tbh. Less whine, more realm defence or say goodbye to your relics again right after cluster. Everyone who spends their days zerging bridges (or camping Beno front gates Stajj :p) is an embarrasment to their realm. Maybe if the majority get off their arse and start organising some defence (ps that's where you go to a tower/keep and stop people from killing the Tower Captain or Keep Lord) then it won't be so easy for Albs to, you know, take them?

Shocking thought eh? Not like Mids or Hibs are underpowered when it comes to defending a small area. You all seemed to do fine camping the AMG room for 17 days straight in OF...surely a tower/keep room isn't that much different? Or maybe everyone has decided that getting high-RR is less important than high postcount on FH and that Whine Skillz >>> DAOC Skillz.

/dismiss

are u glottis his brother or?
because the ammount of bullshit in your post is just amazing :D

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Killswitch said:
99% of these 2-3am keeptakes you don't seem to like start at about 8pm BST.

Like the one at 2am this morning? or the ones where our relics were taken? or the one a few weeks ago when albs took behn at 4am or scath at 5am, correct me if i'm wrong but im sure just those alone add to more than 1% :m00:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:

In my groups/bgs we try to take a keep almost every night (unless there's something to defend ofc), the issue is that we are quite often beaten and go back to try again, then around midnight we go to bed and the Albs left awake finish the job and it looks like an early morning take.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
In my groups/bgs we try to take a keep almost every night (unless there's something to defend ofc), the issue is that we are quite often beaten and go back to try again, then around midnight we go to bed and the Albs left awake finish the job and it looks like an early morning take.

Rather than copy/paste the above applies here.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Calo said:
are u glottis his brother or?
because the ammount of bullshit in your post is just amazing :D

Easy to criticize, harder to produce constructive or useful posts. If you don't agree, please tell me why. Otherwise, you're just another forum troll.

Since I made that post, I've made several others explaining particular points. Simple fact is that that hib/mid realm defence in general has been poor. If the people who were online during the day defended, then there would be level 10 keeps with all walls/doors 100% come 2am and the albs would find it much harder to take them with the small numbers who are on at that time.

The only evidence I see day-to-day that Mids/Hibs care about realm defence, relics and insta-RvR is on FH.

Besides, like I said earlier, it's a 24/7 game. One keep lost in your Frontiers won't lose you both your relics...leaving them in enemy hands for days at a time because you'd rather farm than retake them will. Both Mid and Hib have proved time and again that they are more than capable of retaking keeps in their own realm. The only reason I can see for this not happening is that the players out at any given time would rather farm RPs than retake keeps or repair walls.

Don't see how any of that is BS...seems obvious to me.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Cant you Hibs just deal with this fs? Its NOT Albions fault people at start up decided to click the Big Red Cup instead of the Big Green Tree. And tbh every realm has had quite a number of players quit... But if the people who Hib who gave up because of Albions population size didnt im sure you would have around 2FG more Hibs to actually do something with.

Yesterday you showed you could gather around 60 people and take back those keeps, Thats pretty impressive, but took you long enough, but thats not our fault you have low population.

Because of our high population that means we have players from all around, and more players who like to stay up all night if they have nothing better to do, cant get to sleep, dont have work etc etc. These players get bored because of your little numbers and decide to take a keep. I think thats fair?

So s t f u already?

Btw it was Magon! He wanted instant RvR again, was asking in /as if anyone could claim if needed ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
Rather than copy/paste the above applies here.

My original reply to you re the numbers issue applies to this. My second response was in response to you saying we don't do it prime time which is just plain wrong.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
If you'd rather run around in your FGs zerging soloers, adding on every fight you see, bug-abusing and generally being lame 24/7 then of course your keeps/relics are going to be taken. Remember when we took the Mid relics? Did any of these whiny Mids even bother to leave DC bridge during the entire relic take?

lets take a look at this, since when does every mid run in a fg? and zergs solo'ers ? and add on every fight? oh and didn't know we all bug-abused? and then u tell us we are all 24/7 lame.. oh and i didn't know I camped DC bridge whole that evening but i guess you are right..

and u think that i should believe anything you say when you think such crap?

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
My original reply to you re the numbers issue applies to this. My second response was in response to you saying we don't do it prime time which is just plain wrong.

You may try occasionally prime time, but no where near as much as in the early hours of the morning. Your past record clearly shows that, for example last night, at 11-12pm bst there were no albs beating on crim, and yet 2am it falls into albion hands. This is the point im making, you may try prime time occasionally, but it seems that if it looks "reasonably" difficult it will be postponed until 2am or so when the people able to defend are at a minimum (again recent events show that to be true).

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
The Keyword is Fun...hold on lemme spell it for jo F-U-N, if u ain't having it FO KAY?!!!!! I dun givf 2 shits about relics or keeps now.
Just iRVR :worthy:
But tbh no more whine (only about Whorelocks )
If albs wanna waste their time and take relics at 3-4-5-6 in the mornin, who cares, let them come on freddyshouse and grow their imaginary e-peen, cause it won't last long.

Now spread teh love and come online and gimmie RPeeez Kay ? ♥

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Calo said:
lets take a look at this, since when does every mid run in a fg? and zergs solo'ers ? and add on every fight? oh and didn't know we all bug-abused? and then u tell us we are all 24/7 lame.. oh and i didn't know I camped DC bridge whole that evening but i guess you are right..

and u think that i should believe anything you say when you think such crap?

Okay...from experience...last night I solo'd whole night. Died about 22 times. I remember two solo warlock insta-kills and a stun->nuke kill from Stajj. The rest were VP/DH/NP(?) I think (never sure who's who in other realms and can't look coz XML fooked) zerging me with FG. Lagcasting is fairly common and I'm sure Albs do it too...but albs aren't the ones with no relics so that seems irrelevant as far as I can see.

I'm sure all Mids/Hibs DON'T lag-abuse or run-through and I'm sure some Hibs/Mids leave soloers or small fights, but nowadays it must be a small minority. Only group I can remember leaving me when out solo was DH in Briefine..and that was one time out of about 5 times I met them...the rest they zerged me.

Hell, when I was soloing with reaver in Briefine..the same Mid group ganked me 5 times in five runs, blowing Vendo and Banespike on their zerkers AGAINST A SOLO RR3 Reaver.

I'm guessing the Mids who aren't running FG are the ones who go to towers, defend and do a good job trying to keep the realm blue, which I admire.

At every turn, the FG guilds say they want good 8v8 fights, fair fights against capable enemies...that's what makes their RvR fun. Then they just farm anything they see for 200RPs per kill then whine about the zerg. It's just frustrating.

I'm sure there are plenty of Mids/Hibs who don't do that and I'd like to apologise to them and thank them for keeping RvR interesting and fun for the majority.

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
You Killswitch, better shit has come out of my ass, than that you are saying, so please shutup and go play the game.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
You may try occasionally prime time, ...This is the point im making, you may try prime time occasionally

You really aren't listening are you? A significant number of Albs try a prime time raid on a keep EVERY(*) night, not occasionally EVERY (*) night. Now they don't all succeed, for sure, but they are attempted.

(*) Every night when we are not defending our own frontier.

I've already explained why there are a number of raids in the early hours, this has to do with the numbers of players on-line. But to say we don't attack keeps at prime time is just plain wrong.

Just to make it 100% clear. I am not saying that Albs don't take keeps after midnight but we also attempt keep raids at peak times too, often not occasionally. Generally speaking these raids start around 8pm BST which is when we're able to get people on-line after work, they often end in failure so they don't count in your keep take statistics but they are still attempts.

Last time I checked I've been involved in 35 keep takes since the /title patch. I don't play past midnight on most weeknights so Albs are for sure taking keeps during 'normal' hours, it's they are taking them at other times as well.

And for the record at 11-12 BST last night Albs were defending their own frontier.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Guinever said:
You Killswitch, better shit has come out of my ass, than that you are saying, so please shutup and go play the game.

lol go away troll. I refer you to my earlier post to Calo. At least he made an effort.

Funny though :cheers:

Also...I PLAY the game...it seems a lot of people actually play some imaginary game that existed in their head around patch 1.57...

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
You really aren't listening are you? A significant number of Albs try a prime time raid on a keep EVERY(*) night, not occasionally EVERY (*) night. Now they don't all succeed, for sure, but they are attempted.

(*) Every night when we are not defending our own frontier.

I've already explained why there are a number of raids in the early hours, this has to do with the numbers of players on-line. But to say we don't attack keeps at prime time is just plain wrong.

Just to make it 100% clear. I am not saying that Albs don't take keeps after midnight but we also attempt keep raids at peak times too, often not occasionally. Generally speaking these raids start around 8pm BST which is when we're able to get people on-line after work, they often end in failure so they don't count in your keep take statistics but they are still attempts.

Last time I checked I've been involved in 35 keep takes since the /title patch. I don't play past midnight on most weeknights so Albs are for sure taking keeps during 'normal' hours, it's they are taking them at other times as well.

And for the record at 11-12 BST last night Albs were defending their own frontier.

We will have to agree to disagree then, because recent events this last month show that the majority of alb keep/relic takes occur between 1am-7am.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
We will have to agree to disagree then, because recent events this last month show that the majority of alb keep/relic takes occur between 1am-7am.

We're not disagreeing you just changed what you were saying, earlier you were talking about trying :p

'Fraid there's nothing any of us can do about things that happen while we aren't in game except live with it, or whine about it :mad:

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
We're not disagreeing you just changed what you were saying, earlier you were talking about trying :p

'Fraid there's nothing any of us can do about things that happen while we aren't in game except live with it, or whine about it :mad:

I'm not changing what i'm saying at all, you may try occasionally prime time, which you do, but the majority of the time the relics and keeps are attacked and taken between the hours of 1am-7am, recent events support what i am saying.

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
You retake the keeps at primetime and albs take em when you log, so just face it, but i for one cant wait until cluster comes and see what these albs will do when they face a large hib pop realm, guess this is when they turn thier zerging eyes towards mid. :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
I'm not changing what i'm saying at all, you may try occasionally prime time, which you do, but the majority of the time the relics and keeps are attacked and taken between the hours of 1am-7am, recent events support what i am saying.

Well if at least once a day is occasionally for you then yes you are right.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
Well if at least once a day is occasionally for you then yes you are right.

Occasionally to me isn't once a day, but yes, i know i'm right.

Mim0

Fledgling Freddie
Was fun to farm yah albs ! come 1 hour earlier next time plz :)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
lol, can't believe i go away for a few months and come back to people whining as bad about keep takes as they did about relic's. For god sake it's a keep, all it does is make porting easy so in a way gets you more RP's because we'll be there quicker for you to kill us!

Kanim

Banned
Killswitch said:
Okay...from experience...last night I solo'd whole night. Died about 22 times. I remember two solo warlock insta-kills and a stun->nuke kill from Stajj. The rest were VP/DH/NP(?) I think (never sure who's who in other realms and can't look coz XML fooked) zerging me with FG. Lagcasting is fairly common and I'm sure Albs do it too...but albs aren't the ones with no relics so that seems irrelevant as far as I can see.

I'm sure all Mids/Hibs DON'T lag-abuse or run-through and I'm sure some Hibs/Mids leave soloers or small fights, but nowadays it must be a small minority. Only group I can remember leaving me when out solo was DH in Briefine..and that was one time out of about 5 times I met them...the rest they zerged me.

Hell, when I was soloing with reaver in Briefine..the same Mid group ganked me 5 times in five runs, blowing Vendo and Banespike on their zerkers AGAINST A SOLO RR3 Reaver.

I'm guessing the Mids who aren't running FG are the ones who go to towers, defend and do a good job trying to keep the realm blue, which I admire.

At every turn, the FG guilds say they want good 8v8 fights, fair fights against capable enemies...that's what makes their RvR fun. Then they just farm anything they see for 200RPs per kill then whine about the zerg. It's just frustrating.

I'm sure there are plenty of Mids/Hibs who don't do that and I'd like to apologise to them and thank them for keeping RvR interesting and fun for the majority.

hard to tell when someone is actually trying to solo when were trying to hold back a zerg inc to our keep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom