Weird things

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Out of interest I've had some weird things happen in game lately and wondered if anyone else had them or even weirder things ;)

Yesterday I was shot by a ranger for 1256 damage,I wasnt rezz sick,all my buffs were up and I have 37% thrust resist.I'm lucky if I crit another archer class for 7-900 some even being 600+ if high RR with high PD, only times I generally hit my cap is against rezz sick people or casters with their BT down and thats a rarity.

I've also noticed shooting people 4 or 5 times and their hp bar just doesnt move,and no it wasnt an SM in any of the cases ;)
I can understand DI on the first and maybe a couple more if their bulging with healers in their group but just keep on shooting and its like their in god mode nothing can touch them.

Just a couple of weird things i'm sure more have happened that I havent noticed anyone else had these or anything else ?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:
Yesterday I was shot by a ranger for 1256 damage,I wasnt rezz sick,all my buffs were up and I have 37% thrust resist.

it is possible, and its not necessarily thrust arrows being used on you ^^

could easily be crush or slash.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
tbh lately i havent rvr that much, so i havent really notice anything lately but one day i stood at a tower and a scout blue npc shot me for 1100+ on 3 different twrs got max thrust resists on that ns so a bit hardcore scout must say ^^

illu

Part of the furniture
Only 2 strange instances in the last few months, I can only think they were freak occurrences:

First one was an inf PA-ing me while I was moving in stealth for 1200+ which I think is impossible? Maybe if I was standing still, or sitting, but if moving the maximum is usually 700, very rarely 800-900.

Second one was a Nightshade jumped off at Bled drop off and ran unstealthed toward the bridge for a bit, and I PA'd him (I think he was RR6 or something) and instakilled him. This also NEVER happens (my CS is 34+18 I think), I almost fell off my chair!. (I don't think he was unbuffed or anything).

Sometimes I think the server just goes a bit crazy and ramps up damage for a very small moment in time..............unless you play a caster then it's all the time :p

Oli - Illu

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
True might not have been thrust arrows ,assumed it was because i'm thrust weak but my slash resist is 36% and crush is 34% so not much odds and damage should be even less with those as its either neutral or resistant damage. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
illu said:
Only 2 strange instances in the last few months, I can only think they were freak occurrences:

First one was an inf PA-ing me while I was moving in stealth for 1200+ which I think is impossible? Maybe if I was standing still, or sitting, but if moving the maximum is usually 700, very rarely 800-900.

? The fact you're moving is quite irrelevant.If he lands PA perfectly, he lands it independant on your movements.

Welcome-Excal-SB's.jpg

This shadowblade was moving aswell. You probably ran out of your 6 resists and perhaps your spec-AF just faded?

Second one was a Nightshade jumped off at Bled drop off and ran unstealthed toward the bridge for a bit, and I PA'd him (I think he was RR6 or something) and instakilled him. This also NEVER happens (my CS is 34+18 I think), I almost fell off my chair!. (I don't think he was unbuffed or anything).

If he was unbuffed and you had a nice PA you might oneshot him. Sometimes abit of lag and his HP-bar shows full but he's only on 75% - perhaps someone else took a shot on him just before u perfed etc.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
maybe he used legendary weapons and your magic resists are not up to par ?

illu

Part of the furniture
Pricklesprout - you need nerfing :> 1300+ on a PA! OMG

Oh to do even a third of that amount regularly :>

How are you specced?

Oli - Illu

popa

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

How are you specced?

Oli - Illu

he got 44 cs cant say more

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:
I've also noticed shooting people 4 or 5 times and their hp bar just doesnt move,and no it wasnt an SM in any of the cases ;)

I get this bug very regularly, and no it aint DI :p

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i quite often hit PAs of 1200+..adding in offhand i have even reached a total with crits etc of over 1600....funny as hell to one shot casters etc, and even the occasional scout/crap infil.

i presently run 48+16 CS +10/12% ToA dmg.

edit: oh and MoP4+ is the way to see these figures more often...more crits means more high crits etc.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

How are you specced?

Oli - Illu

Chaostar manages to get hitted around cap dmg all the time, is not nice target to test dmg.

Afran

Part of the furniture
illu said:
1300+ on a PA! OMG

Done 1208 damage Backstab on a self-buffed 50 ranger with my rr3 Inf (was rr2 at the time though! ;o), whilst unbuffed.

Will show SS later ^^

Edit; not mainhand though obviously. Was mainhand+crit, offhand+crit, pretty shitty crits though. Oh and add ~97 damage LW proc.

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:
I can understand DI on the first and maybe a couple more if their bulging with healers in their group but just keep on shooting and its like their in god mode nothing can touch them.
When u get a rezz, u have like 10 sec inmune to all dmg, u hiting rezzed targets? xD

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Nope not freshly rezzed targets or phaseshift ,it says its doing damage as in you hit for 400,you hit for 350 etc with no (-390) or (-340) or whatever just the hp bar doesnt move at all.
Thought it was lag at first as I had a week with 10-15 sec spikes a while back but its happened since with no lag so guess its just a bug maybe if I shoot them a few more times they'll actually die but rarely you get a chance to fire more than 4-5 arrows without something nuking you to death in 2 secs ;)

illu

Part of the furniture
Afran said:
Done 1208 damage Backstab on a self-buffed 50 ranger with my rr3 Inf (was rr2 at the time though! ;o), whilst unbuffed.

Will show SS later ^^

Edit; not mainhand though obviously. Was mainhand+crit, offhand+crit, pretty shitty crits though. Oh and add ~97 damage LW proc.

That's just wrong! :>

Hmmm I've always thought about doing this - if and when I ever hit rr11, I'll play a different style of SB per month.
Say month 1, viper3,mop5,str5, rest wherever
month 2, tough5, con5, rest wherever
just for fun, and maybe crazy specs like mos5, vanish3, fa3

just to see one day what the maximum damage / toughness / avoidability I can do. I think you have to do these things to keep interested in the game :>

Now I just have to get to RR11 - hmmmmm.

I think all the albs and hibs in the realm should stand in a huuuuuuge long line and I'll have my shammy /stuck for end regen, and then I can chop everyone down :>
5mill RP divided by say 600 RPs per kill = 8333 more kills to go. OMG.

/cry

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom