weird pain type...thingy

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yesterday morning I woke up to find myself in searing pain over large parts of my body; it felt like I'd not exercised for a decade, then gone out a done a triathlon with no warm up and cool down, then gone to bed. Every muscle, every tendon in my body hurt, and some, especially muscles, bones and tendons I'd damaged previously (both wrists, my right knee, my right foot, my lower back), were in absolute agony. All through yesterday it got worse (thigh muscles, shoulders) so that I more or less hobbled home, and was starting to get really worried. Took a tramadol, went to bed early, woke up and it was just as bad, but I had to crawl into work because...lots to do.

10.30AM I'm sat at my desk and...the pain just stops. My right wrist and my knee still hurt a little bit but everything else has gone away, more or less instantly.

What. The. Fuck?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Quite possibly some kind of nerve damage in your neck, but my first thought was an illness, perhaps flu.

But I'm not a doctor so what do I know? Guess who'd know...

rynnor

Rockhound
What sort of pain - like muscles cramping? Or Rheumatic pain perhaps?

DaGaffer

What sort of pain - like muscles cramping? Or Rheumatic pain perhaps?

It felt like what I imagine arthritis must be like coupled with massive lactic acid buildup. It was both tendon pain and muscle cramps.

Quite possibly some kind of nerve damage in your neck, but my first thought was an illness, perhaps flu.

But I'm not a doctor so what do I know? Guess who'd know...

Flu was my first guess, but its just stopped. And a doctor's visit in Ireland is €60, (which I was going to do), but its just stopped...

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's probably actual flu. As opposed to: "man flu", "bacon fever", "aids", "a cold".

Tilda

Any chances in vision?
Did you think to take your temperature?

Any other random suff that could be associated?

Flu is my guess.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup, sounds like *real* flu. drink lots of water and sleep lots if it persists. also, things like going to bed on time / eating on time seem to help...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Do you smoke? Bad circulation is known to cause muscular cramps, esp @ night & esp in the legs

Lakih

Resident Freddy
First thought was the flu but after some thinking... It's probably AIDS. A long warm bath and a cup of tea should take care of it.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Classic Aids!

The Flu doesn't stop simply by sitting down at a desk.
unless it's Bird-flu. I'm sure I read somewhere that sitting down by a desk is a widly accepted cure for Birdflu.
the only catch is, you can never standup! as the illness kicks right back the very second you do so.

So, you have to stay there for the rest of your life, get up and you're dead!

DaGaffer

The Doc says its almost certainly a virus, but not the flu. Rest, Nurofen and go back on Tuesday if its not getting better (its currently getting worse). Thanks for your help.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
my doc's very like that. last time I was there he asked me if I was getting enough sleep and doing some sports. I said that he was right, I wasn't there because I'd fallen off my mountain-bike apon which he apologized and claimed to be brainwashed by the script the ministry of health forces him to go through with every single patient every time they visit :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom