weird LD problem

S

Shangrila

Hi!Hi!

My DAoC client keep crashes when I'm using 1GB ram. It started on my old PC, I upgraded from 512mb o 1gb ram and suddenly DAoC crashed all the time. I took out 256 and ran it with 768mb, worked perfect.

Now I got a new PC, 2x 512mb ram (Infineon ddr400, no errors, I ran memtest86 for hours) and same problem again. Sometimes I can play for hours then I go almost chain LD. I got the impression that crashed happen more often in busy siutations, like RvR or dungeon raids.
It's JUST DAoC that crashes, whole PC is running stable and never crashed so far (PC doesn't crash when DAoC crashes). I ran benchmarks in loops, memtest86 and so on, no problems at all. My Inet-conn is working fine to (cable 1.5mbit), used some tools to confirm that. I can play WC3 or other games for ages and never crash, it's JUST DAoC.
Reinstalling the client didn't help. I'm using a fresh WindowsXP SP1 installation with lastest drivers.

My system:
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe with lastest Bios
P4 2.4ghz with Hyperthreading
2x 512MB Infineon DDR400 Ram, running in dual channel mode.
ATI Radeon 9500 128MB
using the OnBoard Sound atm
OS is WindowsXP with SP1, lastest DirectX, lastest drivers.

It's absolutely unplayable for me atm, I don't want to join groups anymore, cause I can LD any time (hwhich is pissing groups off ofc). I can't remove some ram this time, cause I need it for working.

The "Support Team" of DAoC Europe said it's a bug in the client and only Mystic can fix that. If thats correct, why the f... can loads of people play the game with 1gb ram and don't crash at all.

Any help welcome.

Update:
Since the only thing my old and the new PC got in common is the gfx card it might be a driver/directX problem. Any ideas?

S

Sibanac

I had about the same problem with my machine a while ago,
changed everything nothing worked, memtest saying all was fine with my memory.
finaly i gave up and when to a shop where they had other diagnostic tools and behold i had a bad memory module.
switch it and all was fine.

dunt thrust memtest86

S

Shangrila

But it's JUST DAoC that crashes.. and i dont need all the ram when i play, got around 450mb free while playing.

O

old.mattshanes

I have the same problem at the moment,do you get huge slowdown so bad you can't move or type?then get booted out?

S

Shangrila

Nothing like that, just Lag-indicator turns red, and I go LD. Don't have frame rates dropping or lagspikes. Suddenly L-indicator goes red and I LD. It's not the inet-connection, been monitoring that for a while and don't have any packetloss.

Pretty sure it's not the ram, cause i had the same problem on my old PC as soon as I used 1gb. If i removed 1 ram module, tried with all 3, it worked.

O

old.mattshanes

I just installed 1gb ram too from 512.

S

Shangrila

I've heart of some ppl who got troubles too. For most ppl 1GB isn't got a problem though...

Gonna install a Win2K quickly and check if I'm still crashing.

S

Shangrila

Same problem under win2k. Still going LD as soon as there is a bit more happening around me :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom