Weird Drive problem.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Soooo my DVD drive stopped working blahblah, updated some random drivers ( dont remember what ) a while back and it was working again ( I really dont use it much ), and now its not working again ( hasnt been for a few weeks ).

No idea what the problem is given that windows has all the drivers for dvd drives/etc.

So I tried running daemon tools to mount an iso and wtf! It wont let me mount stuff now either.

The error message in device manager is:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Any sodding ideas?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Thanks inactionman, downloaded and tried but no starforce installed.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi ECA

I guess this is obvious, but it pays to start simple. Have you tried uninstalling the device in Windows' device manager, rebooting, and then letting Windows select the best driver? If it can't find one, try and check out the manufacturer's website rather than using something generic.

As an aside, is the drive internal or external? I'm just curious why it was fixed and then isn't :)

Kind regards

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Hi ECA

I guess this is obvious, but it pays to start simple. Have you tried uninstalling the device in Windows' device manager, rebooting, and then letting Windows select the best driver? If it can't find one, try and check out the manufacturer's website rather than using something generic.

As an aside, is the drive internal or external? I'm just curious why it was fixed and then isn't :)

Kind regards

Yes I've tried disabling+enabling and uninstall+reinstall.

The drive is internal - I was updating my bios/etc/etc but doing a tons of other stuff a few weeks back when I got my ram upgrade it was around then.

bigfunkey - I tried that, it made sense but unfortunately uninstalling nero and rebooting didnt fix it and I dont have any other burning software installed, I will try the microsoft support thing as I think there is a possible registry edit to try and fix it also.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
And shock news, the registry entry deleted, pc rebooted and my dvd drive is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom